PDA

View Full Version : New Players Desktop Wallpaper

duke dynamite
07-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I've seen a couple of posts where people think that the intro to the website is cool. I made a desktop wallpaper from that page.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/th_new_players_wide.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/new_players_wide.jpg)

duke dynamite
07-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Sorry it's so big, I'm trying to figure out how to thumbnail it.

EDIT: Got the thumbnail up.

LG33
07-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Not as cool as this: http://www.nba.com/blazers/team/

juadam09
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Very cool DD.

I would prefer to see them all in Pacers jerseys but great work

Doddage
07-09-2008, 04:45 PM
The Pacers graphics team did a bad job with the Rush and Hibbert cutouts. Ford's isn't that great either, but nevertheless.

TheDon
07-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I like it, i'm using it as my desktop wallpaper. It needed a good change :thumbsup:

duke dynamite
07-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Sweet, thanks.

317Kim
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Awesome. I was looking for a new desktop wallpaper as well.

Thanks, bud ^_^.

Ownagedood
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
It's cool.. But not better then my new BOB SANDERS one I got just a couple days ago.. So I can't use it..yet. :)

But then again.. What is better then bob sanders? ;)

JayRedd
07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Pretty pixelated.

duke dynamite
07-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Pretty pixelated.

I didn't make it. I just took it from the site.

Ownagedood
07-09-2008, 09:35 PM
There you have it, folks.. HE STOLE IT!!!

YoSoyIndy
07-09-2008, 09:41 PM
The Pacers graphics team did a bad job with the Rush and Hibbert cutouts. Ford's isn't that great either, but nevertheless.

That's because DD didn't rotate it to the front to steal the screen shot. Go to the page and you can see Rush/Hibbert looking bad when they're on the sides, but looking sharp when they rotate in.

YoSoyIndy
07-09-2008, 09:42 PM

You still do a great job. I'll make one of them my avatar sooner or later. Just can't figure out who I want to go with... I'm leaning towards JJ.

duke dynamite
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
That's because DD didn't rotate it to the front to steal the screen shot. Go to the page and you can see Rush/Hibbert looking bad when they're on the sides, but looking sharp when they rotate in.

I just wanted it to fit the image, so I took the smaller images. I'll redo it.

You still do a great job. I'll make one of them my avatar sooner or later. Just can't figure out who I want to go with... I'm leaning towards JJ.

Thanks!

YoSoyIndy
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I just wanted it to fit the image, so I took the smaller images. I'll redo it.

Thanks!

Don't re-do it. It looks fine. People just have to realize that not everything has to look perfect. It looks fine as is.

Perfectionists don't get results. They get a result every so often. I'd rather see more wallpapers than see a crisper Rush/Hibbert.

Evan_The_Dude
07-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Love how Josh McRoberts who is making his homecoming was conveniently left out of that... LOL

Ownagedood
07-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Love how Josh McRoberts who is making his homecoming was conveniently left out of that... LOL
He's the #4

juadam09
07-09-2008, 10:07 PM

:confused:

Hes in the image, hes just in the back.

Doddage
07-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Don't re-do it. It looks fine. People just have to realize that not everything has to look perfect. It looks fine as is.

Perfectionists don't get results. They get a result every so often. I'd rather see more wallpapers than see a crisper Rush/Hibbert.
I honestly don't care, but when I judged the image at first, I didn't know that there was a scroller to go through the other new players. So the side images looked better when I put them up front. Regardless, these guys on the Pacers site are getting paid, so I'd expect to see a better product.

YoSoyIndy
07-10-2008, 07:49 AM
I honestly don't care, but when I judged the image at first, I didn't know that there was a scroller to go through the other new players. So the side images looked better when I put them up front. Regardless, these guys on the Pacers site are getting paid, so I'd expect to see a better product.

You're essentially saying, "Even though I realized I was wrong, I'll stick to my original conclusion because there is money involved. And even though that is irrelevant -- especially to my own conclusion -- I'll throw it in there."

Doddage
07-10-2008, 08:21 AM
What the hell are you talking about? How was I wrong? The Rush and Hibbert cutouts are bad if you examine them on the sides, regardless of the scaling. I don't see how it's "irrelevant" to bring up the issue of money, seeing as whoever made that graphic got paid for it. Get over yourself.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Believe it or not, their web department isn't very big. Most of them especially in the summer are un-paid interns. Since the trades weren't official, they couldn't start working on that until early morning yesterday.

Honestly, I do not see anything wrong with the intro page. I see it's a little pixelated from when I copied it, but a basic PrintScreen loses a lot of the original quality.

Doddage, you must have a terrible monitor or something because it looks just fine.

Doddage
07-10-2008, 10:41 AM
When they're up front, they look just fine. When you have two players on the sides though like Rush and Hibbert, the edges look choppy which was my point all along. It appears as though you used the center image for each player besides Rush and Hibbert (which you took from the first splash with Ford in the middle) on the wallpaper. Or did you?

juadam09
07-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Believe it or not, their web department isn't very big. Most of them especially in the summer are un-paid interns. Since the trades weren't official, they couldn't start working on that until early morning yesterday.

Honestly, I do not see anything wrong with the intro page. I see it's a little pixelated from when I copied it, but a basic PrintScreen loses a lot of the original quality.

Doddage, you must have a terrible monitor or something because it looks just fine.

I really think its a moot point as it isnt that big of a deal, but I do have a question. Would the Pacers really have been fined/punished if the IT department started working on the background before the trade were announced?

I honestly don't know, but I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal. I would think they could start working on it as soon as the trades were "speculated"

idioteque
07-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Who really cares if some of the cutouts aren't that good? Are we really going to dissect this like it's War and ****ing Peace? DD did a nice job making this into a desktop which I am now using and so are some other posters, let's just leave it at that.

Hicks
07-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Who really cares if some of the cutouts aren't that good? Are we really going to dissect this like it's War and ****ing Peace? DD did a nice job making this into a desktop which I am now using and so are some other posters, let's just leave it at that.

Yep.

btowncolt
07-10-2008, 01:39 PM
If we hadn't given Bender that contract extension, this sweet new desktop screensaver wouldn't be possible - so you should all be grateful.

JayRedd
07-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Pretty pixelated.

pianoman
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
i can't wait to see em all in pacers jerseys

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 05:29 PM
When they're up front, they look just fine. When you have two players on the sides though like Rush and Hibbert, the edges look choppy which was my point all along. It appears as though you used the center image for each player besides Rush and Hibbert (which you took from the first splash with Ford in the middle) on the wallpaper. Or did you?

I took the top 3, then the other 4. I shrunk the back 4. I really didn't put too much effort into this since it was a 5 minute job. (TWSS) I mean I could go back into it and make it the best it could be, but I've got other things to do.

I would just leave it be. It's good enough. If you don't like it, it won't break my heart if you don't use it.

I really think its a moot point as it isnt that big of a deal, but I do have a question. Would the Pacers really have been fined/punished if the IT department started working on the background before the trade were announced?

I honestly don't know, but I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal. I would think they could start working on it as soon as the trades were "speculated"

Yeah, they could start working on it, but anything that gets put up on the NBA servers needs to be approved. They could have been working on that for a couple of weeks, but as I said before it doesn't look bad at all. Those guys did a great job.

Granted, we re-designed our site last season, but Seattle and Portland have the best sites in the NBA. I really wish we would (copy) their style and get an awesome site. Ours looks too "boxy" and messy.