PDA

View Full Version : The Official July 9th Trade Completion

Dukins
07-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Lets talk!

Im am glad to see 3/4 of the negative energy is gone from the pacers. I think we got great value back for J.O. given his recent 2 year hiatus.

With B. Rush coming in, that makes one of our small forwards expendable. This should be an interesting discussion, given I believe that we need to KEEP DUN and Granger.

Just a little blurb to start off the topic.

Roy Hibbert (Georgetown)
TJ Ford (3yrs 24.8mm)
Rasho Nesterovic (1 yr, 8.4mm)

for

JO (2yrs, 44.4mm)

and

Jerrad Bayless (Arizona)
Ike Diogu(Indiana)

for

B. Rush (Kansas)
Josh McRoberts (Portland)
Jarrod Jack(Portland)

Discuss!

DGPR
07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Any stats on this "Jarrod Jack" guy? :D

I'm pretty stoked about the salary situation with these trades which gives us more room to wheel 'n deal throughout the summer and at the deadline. Maybe Larry is secretly trying to lure Lebron to Indy when he hits free agency.

On a side note I did as much of the trade as I could on NBA Live 08 and the Pacers had a rating of 64. I ran simulation mode through one season with this team and won 25 games. Keeping in mind this is without Hibbert and Rush, I hope our season doesn't turn into anything close to that. It's just NBA Live and I thought I'd just throw that out there to anybody who cares.

esabyrn333
07-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Any link to where it has be annouced officially

2minutes twowa
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Lets talk!

Im am glad to see 3/4 of the negative energy is gone from the pacers. I think we got great value back for J.O. given his recent 2 year hiatus.

With B. Rush coming in, that makes one of our small forwards expendable. This should be an interesting discussion, given I believe that we need to KEEP DUN and Granger.

Just a little blurb to start off the topic.

Roy Hibbert (Georgetown)
TJ Ford (3yrs 24.8mm)
Rasho Nesterovic (1 yr, 8.4mm)
#17 (Hopefully)

for

JO (2yrs, 44.4mm)

and

Jerrad Bayless (Arizona)

for

B. Rush (Kansas)
Josh McRoberts (Portland)
Jarrod Jack(Portland)

Discuss!

What is the #17? Are you hoping to also get a future 1st round pick from Toronto?

The best thing we get from all of these trades is flexibility. I like the players that were acquired, but dumping JO's salary was the big step.

Doddage
07-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Nothing's official yet. So let's keep Bayless :D

lavell12
07-09-2008, 08:50 AM
are JMac, Rush, and the Hibb playing today?

DGPR
07-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Actually I'm hoping that McRoberts can pull it together and make some use of himself. I know a lot of people around here think he's a "douche" but hopefully he can be a productive douche.

Doddage
07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Actually I'm hoping that McRoberts can pull it together and make some use of himself. I know a lot of people around here think he's a "douche" but hopefully he can be a productive douche.
:laugh:

DEEman
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
what time can we expect to see official news coming out?

Dukins
07-09-2008, 09:34 AM
are JMac, Rush, and the Hibb playing today?

No they will be kept out of the lineup, at least thats what Bird said during a news conference.

JMV will have alot on the pacers today, with most of the players we received from trades on for interviews.

lavell12
07-09-2008, 09:54 AM
No they will be kept out of the lineup, at least thats what Bird said during a news conference.

JMV will have alot on the pacers today, with most of the players we received from trades on for interviews.

so will they play in any of the summer league games?

Hicks
07-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Don't forget we went Ike Diogu along with Jerryd Bayless.

Dukins
07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Don't forget we went Ike Diogu along with Jerryd Bayless.

ah you're right i almost forgot.

And no they wont play in any of the games, our best chance to seem them in action is preseason.

Dukins
07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2008/07/trades_are_offi.html

July 9, 2008
Trades are official today (http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2008/07/trades_are_offi.html)

Posted by Jeff Rabjohns

Read Comments (0) (http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2008/07/trades_are_offi.html#comments)http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider//archives/mugs/jrabjohns.jpg Check indystar.com this afternoon. We'll talk to Pacers president Larry Bird when he gets word from the NBA that all trades involving the Pacers have been approved. We're hoping to have his comments posted this afternoon.
NBA trades become official today, so the Pacers finally will be allowed under NBA rules to talk about the players they've acquired -- Georgetown center Roy Hibbert and Kansas shooting guard Brandon Rush from the draft; point guard T.J. Ford, center Rasho Nesterovic and forward Maceo Baston from Toronto in the Jermaine O'Neal trade; and point guard Jarrett Jack and forward Josh McRoberts from Portland.
O'Neal is expected to be introduced today in Toronto. The Pacers, currently playing in the Orlando summer league, aren't expected to formally introduce their new players until next week.

dgranger
07-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Dang...I want that press confrence!

Hicks
07-09-2008, 12:29 PM
So we won't get to see them here until next week. Oh well.

Jonathan
07-09-2008, 12:29 PM

The kid is in a dream Situation
Local boy playing for his hometown pro team
Larry Legend as GM
I hope the Best for the kid as well.

Speed
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
The kid is in a dream Situation
Local boy playing for his hometown pro team
Larry Legend as GM
I hope the Best for the kid as well.

He'll be the youngest guy on the team too. He just turned 21 in Feb.

He has the ability if he works his butt off to be in the league or if he isn't mature enough he'll be in Europe maybe as soon as next season.

I'd love to see him with the Mad Ants and take it serious, make it his mission to dominate.

Poor kid has to get the idea of being slighted by being drafted the 7th pick in the 2nd round after he thought he'd probably go lottery.

We'll see.

Hicks
07-09-2008, 01:05 PM
A whole bunch of stuff just popped up on Pacers.com about the trades-- they're done, and they are as previously announced.

Hicks
07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Also, one link doesn't work right now, and it's dated July 15th, Tuesday. I bet that's the day the press conference will be.

Dukins
07-09-2008, 01:21 PM
well we should put all trade items in this thread. :lol: