PDA

View Full Version : Will the trades go down as expected?

Anthem
07-07-2008, 02:30 PM
According to rumors, the Pacers have traded Jermaine O'Neal to the Toronto Raptors for TJ Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, Maceo Baston, and the #17 pick (Hibbert).

According to rumors, the Pacers have traded Ike Diogu and the #11 pick (Bayless) to Portland for the #13 pick (Rush) and J. Jack.

We'd heard that there might be minor changes before the deals were officially announced by the league. Do you think there will be? Or are these pretty much set in stone?

Unclebuck
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes, set in stone. these are much moe than rumors. The agents and players have confirmed these trades.

Bball
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Set in stone IMHO... altho what is the situation with physicals? Can players even take physicals before the 9th? Obviously if JO (knee) can't pass his physical then I'd like to change my answer ;)

-Bball

count55
07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't know about set in stone, but, short of a problem with the physicals (knock on wood), I don't expect any major surprises. The filler might change a little, but I doubt it.

pacerscolts1125
07-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Trade is done, i would think that J.O. and T.J have been cleared by both teams doctors already. I dont see any other players having any problems.

Tom White
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Channel 13 (I think it was) showed a clip from the Fever game, with Hibbert attending. I doubt he would be in Indy now if he had any doubts about his part of the trade.

McKeyFan
07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I would think they have already been cleared with the physicals. Too much strategery was acted on based on these trades. Something like JO's knee not passing some test would destroy much of the work of the last three weeks.

I just can't imagine it not being a done deal.

Anthem
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Earlier we'd heard that the deals were done, but might be expanded to include more teams.

Am I the only one who remembers that?

count55
07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Earlier we'd heard that the deals were done, but might be expanded to include more teams.

I remember it, but the only place I saw it was in the John Hollinger article. I don't think it was a real rumor so much as gleeful speculation on his part. I think it mostly centered on moving Rasho's expiring. If we wanted to move that (or any other player in the trade) as part of a package with something else, we'd have to get the trade expanded or wait two months.

QuickRelease
07-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Wasn't that during the initial reports, when the deal was still pretty much speculative? I really wish we'd talk Portland out of a better piece than McBob though.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I don't really think anything has changed unless either JO or TJ have not passed a physical. I am not totally aware on the status of those physicals, but I'm sure by Wednesday evening we will have a load of new players wearing the blue and gold (and gray).

QuickRelease
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I remember it, but the only place I saw it was in the John Hollinger article. I don't think it was a real rumor so much as gleeful speculation on his part. I think it mostly centered on moving Rasho's expiring. If we wanted to move that (or any other player in the trade) as part of a package with something else, we'd have to get the trade expanded or wait two months.

We're going to have a gang of expirings going into next year. We could possible be a major player heading into the trade deadline.

LoneGranger33
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
WE CANNOT GIVE UP NATHAN JAWAI!

Ownagedood
07-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Probably set in stone.. But I hope we are able to get something else out of portland.. Next years 1st or something..

Jose Slaughter
07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I think the 2 that we've heard about already have league approval.

Once these have been made offical on the 9th, does that open any currently locked doors for other deals?

Real GM shows Foster with a trade kicker. Couldn't tell you how much that might be but maybe that extra salary makes a deal work on the 9th that won'y work on the 8th. Or, maybe a player on another team is waiting for their kicker to kick in?

Another possibilty is a team dropping below the cap on Wednesday, making an agreed to deal, do-able.

My head hurts from the possibilties........... I need to go lay down.

Doddage
07-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if we happened to wind up with Jerryd Bayless again...

Hicks
07-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I think they're done and waiting to be announced Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Hopefully Wednesday.

spazzxb
07-07-2008, 09:00 PM
So can the announce the trades at 12:01 Am on the 9th?

Shade
07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
This thread has "JINX" written all over it.

In red crayon.

Shade
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if we happened to wind up with Jerryd Bayless again...

Don't tease me. I get stabby when people tease me.

MagicRat
07-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Brandon Rush was on 1260 with JMV today. Said it should be done Wednesday.......

You can hear it at www.wnde.com (http://www.wnde.com)

granger33
07-07-2008, 09:45 PM
WE CANNOT GIVE UP NATHAN JAWAI!

I live in Australia, and have seen him play numerous times in my hometown.

Everytime he Played Adelaide he had a shocking game, and got blocked like 3-4 times.

But other then that, yes he is a great athlete. Very Big body, would be a good backup for Indiana for PF.

Everyone in Australia called him "baby shaq" and the nickname suits him. He is dominating in the post. He said he would like to play for PHX or GSW, an up-tempo team. So im guessing he would like to play for IND or TOR aswell.

At best I would see him putting up 10/10 numbers in his career.

Major Cold
07-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I live in Australia, and have seen him play numerous times in my hometown.

Everytime he Played Adelaide he had a shocking game, and got blocked like 3-4 times.

But other then that, yes he is a great athlete. Very Big body, would be a good backup for Indiana for PF.

Everyone in Australia called him "baby shaq" and the nickname suits him. He is dominating in the post. He said he would like to play for PHX or GSW, an up-tempo team. So im guessing he would like to play for IND or TOR aswell.

At best I would see him putting up 10/10 numbers in his career.

betting he is out of the league faster than Harrison.

granger33
07-07-2008, 10:12 PM
betting he is out of the league faster than Harrison.lol trust me he is better then Harrison.

We have great competition in AUS.
watch out for Julius Hodge this year with the New Jersey Nets.
He came to Adelaide and nearly averaged a triple double in the NBL.

Anyway i hope we can keep Jawaii, so they import jerseys of pacers in australia :P.

MillerTime
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
The trade are pretty much done. The onlty person that might be changed is Baston. Hes just a mere filler, nothing too special. The main pieces to the trade are TJ Ford, Rasho and Hibbert (on our part). Theres going to be one filler, it will probably be Baston but I would hope it would be Delfino, considering he wants out of Toronto because lack of playing time

NuffSaid
07-08-2008, 12:47 AM
This thread has "JINX" written all over it.

In red crayon.
Better break out your luck rabbit's foot. :p

Seriously, this deal is done. The only thing both sides are waiting on is for time to pass to make it "legal" by league rules. I wouldn't be surprised if the physicals (or complete reviews thereof) were done long before the trades actually went down. At this point, it's merely a technicality. Come July 9th (which happens to be my special day :dance:), the new look Pacers will be officially announced...short of some more wheeling and dealing, that is.

QuickRelease
07-08-2008, 12:10 PM
So can the announce the trades at 12:01 Am on the 9th?

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if the moratorium lifts at midnight?

CableKC
07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if the moratorium lifts at midnight?
I think that it is 12am PST. I recall that there have been many FA signings where some Coach or GM showed up at some FAs house at 12:01am with a big Bag of $$$.

Maybe it will officially be posted on the Pacers website at 12:01am :shrug:

Speed
07-08-2008, 01:00 PM

I hope so, I'm tired of going to the roster page and seeing Hulk et al.

Unclebuck
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I think that it is 12am PST. I recall that there have been many FA signings where some Coach or GM showed up at some FAs house at 12:01am with a big Bag of $$$.

Those reports are usually refering to July 1st when contact can first be made with free agents.