PDA

View Full Version : RealGM likes Granger & the new look Pacers

2minutes twowa
07-07-2008, 08:30 AM
http://pacers.realgm.com/articles/140/20080703/oh_danny_boy/

A little more than a week ago Indiana appeared to be one of the NBA’s least attractive franchises. Not only had the Pacers missed the playoffs for the second-consecutive season, but they also had the lowest attendance numbers in the league.

The cap-constricting contract of Jermaine O’Neal and the personal transgressions of Jamaal Tinsley didn’t give them the brightest forecast heading in the offseason, but a pair of deals and news of a pending contract extension has helped the sun peak out from behind the clouds.

I’ve effectively exhausted the O’Neal/T.J. Ford swap, so I’ll spare you from reading more of what I have to say about the deal, but news of Indiana’s new priorities have caused even the most pessimistic Pacer fans to sing out loud.

Last week Larry Bird made it known that he is actively shopping Tinsley, who has three years and more than $21 million left on his current deal.

There have even been reports out of Indianapolis that the Pacers could buyout his contract if they aren’t able to find a suitor for the Brooklyn native. The addition of Ford and Jarrett Jack to the roster has made Tinsley expendable, and the shallow free agent market could yield Indiana something substantial in return.

Baron Davis, who unexpectedly entered free agency earlier this week, is already off the market having agreed to a deal with the Clippers and not every team in need of a point guard can afford the best-available in Gilbert Arenas.

Other options include unrestricted free agents Shaun Livingston, Chris Duhon, Jason Williams, Jannero Pargo, Damon Stoudamire, Sam Cassell, Juan Dixon, Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue – none of which are head-and-shoulders above Tinsley.

Bird should send Tinsley to one of the many teams in need of help at the point in exchange for a veteran power forward, something Indiana could use heading into the 2008-09 season.

After spending the last few seasons trying to rebuild on the fly while still competing for a playoff spot, Bird has ironically rebuilt the roster into a younger, much different group of players that just might have a better chance to play past mid-April than they have had in each of the last two years.

O’Neal, a six-time All-Star, needed a change of scenery after spending almost a decade in blue-and-gold and significant change has arrived in the heartland.

Three years ago Reggie Miller passed the torch to O’Neal, making the 6’11” forward the face of the franchise heading into a new era for the Pacers.

Now, after playing in just 162 of 246 regular season games as Indiana’s leading man, O’Neal is passing the torch to a “smaller” forward.

Danny Granger, who has just three years of NBA experience under his belt, will undoubtedly be the man in Indiana beginning this summer.

There are players with more experience on the current roster, like Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy and Jeff Foster, but Granger is arguably the team’s best player and easily the favorite. Fans starved for a first-rate citizen after dealing with the likes of Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Tinsley, have quickly taken to Danny’s likable personality.

“There was a time when people would call me a geek, when I was in like middle school,” he told Pacers.com of his childhood. “My dad had me with these Steve Urkel glasses with the strap that runs around my neck so if they fell that would just wrap around my neck. And I was smart, too.”

Luckily for the Pacers, Granger appears to like Indiana just as much as the city likes him.

His agent, Mark Bartelstein, claims that he is interested in signing a long-term extension with the team – music to the ears of Pacer fans everywhere.

Indiana has the summer to negotiate an extension with Granger, who will become a restricted free agent next summer if no agreement is reached prior to the season.

“These things are never easy, but they want to keep Danny and Danny wants to stay,” Bartelstein told the Indianapolis Star on Tuesday.

Talks are expected to begin within the next few weeks, with the completion of the deal marking yet another new era for the Pacers. Granger will probably ink a contract in the five-year, $60-70 million dollar range, keeping him in blue-and-gold well into the next decade.

More changes in Indianapolis later this summer should help Granger lead the Pacers to the playoffs for the first time in his career as the man in town. At that point in time, fans in Conseco Fieldhouse will probably feel the urge to sing once again.

'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

2minutes twowa
07-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Good to see some positive press. For the first time in a long time, there is a ray of hope:D

Phildog
07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I haven't read an article like that in a long time. I definitely feel the "old" Pacers days are getting over and we will at least be able to shed so much of what was wrong with the team this year------after Tins is gone of course.

Trader Joe
07-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Well, he is the Pacers writer so this is what he is supposed to do.

Also, we need MR to mock up Danny G as Urkel.

Oneal07
07-07-2008, 10:09 AM
I like the new look Pacers as well. . .I also like the new look Raptors :)

Mourning
07-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't agree with shopping Tinsley for a PF. I think that's much too selective. I would take ALMOST anything for him as long as the contract isn't longer.

Further, I would prefer us to waite until at the very least the trading deadline in the coming winter, before adding more players/contracts (excl. Tinsley), unless we do a 2-1, 3-2 or 3-1 swap that gets as something of value.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

rexnom
07-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't agree with shopping Tinsley for a PF. I think that's much too selective. I would take ALMOST anything for him as long as the contract isn't longer.

Further, I would prefer us to waite until at the very least the trading deadline in the coming winter, before adding more players/contracts (excl. Tinsley), unless we do a 2-1, 3-2 or 3-1 swap that gets as something of value.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:
I'll take anything for Tinsley. Anything. Pretty much any player in the league.

Kid Minneapolis
07-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll take a bag of peanuts and a beer for Tinsley.

PacerGuy
07-07-2008, 10:54 AM
I'll take a bag of peanuts and a beer for Tinsley.
Tinsley would beat the crap out of you, drink your beer & eat your nuts first!

Oneal07
07-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Monta Ellis for Tinsley in a Sign and Trade? lol

Raoul Duke
07-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Of course it's positive Andrew Perna/PacerPerspective would never say a negative thing about the Pacers. Notice every non-Pacers article he writes he bring up the Pacers or Reggie at least once.

Phildog
07-07-2008, 11:48 AM

I think this was actually Bird's words to Tinsley

Mourning
07-07-2008, 11:58 AM

That's cool if he would get the F out afterwards :D.

PROVIDED it's not the sort of nuts you don't want to have eaten....

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, he is the Pacers writer so this is what he is supposed to do.

Also, we need MR to mock up Danny G as Urkel.
I could knock this out in no time...

:rolleyes:

d_c
07-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Bird should send Tinsley to one of the many teams in need of help at the point in exchange for a veteran power forward, something Indiana could use heading into the 2008-09 season.

Is that would Bird SHOULD try to do? I think that's pretty obvious.

The writer should at least try to theorize how many teams out there SHOULD exchange a veteran PF in exchange for Tinsley and his remaining $21M.

Ownagedood
07-07-2008, 12:27 PM
<------ Likes Danny Granger and the new look pacers :)

Gyron
07-07-2008, 12:41 PM

You're trying to hard. Magic Rat's title was earned, not asked for.....

You earn it, and you can take it away from him....

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 12:56 PM
You're trying to hard. Magic Rat's title was earned, not asked for.....

You earn it, and you can take it away from him....
Working on it. It's hard to find a decent quality image of Urkel and a large enough one of Danny so I don't have to stretch it out and mangle it.

Only the best for you guys.

Most of MR's stuff I see is pixelated. No offense.

Bball
07-07-2008, 01:18 PM

This was posted over an hour ago. "No time" must be longer than the words would indicate! ;)

JayRedd
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
:tumbleweed:

MagicRat
07-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Working on it. It's hard to find a decent quality image of Urkel and a large enough one of Danny so I don't have to stretch it out and mangle it.

Do I know this guy?...I don't know this guy. I might have said one word to this guy.

I think he overreacts to stuff. ... I don't think about him. ... I don't know this kid. I don't need to know this kid. I don't want to. We go out there and post pictures and leave it at that.

Maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a kid. I look at him a little bit and he gets a little insecure about something.

count55
07-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Do I know this guy?...I don't know this guy. I might have said one word to this guy.

I think he overreacts to stuff. ... I don't think about him. ... I don't know this kid. I don't need to know this kid. I don't want to. We go out there and post pictures and leave it at that.

Maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a kid. I look at him a little bit and he gets a little insecure about something.

Well, to be fair, he is looking back at you down the barrel of a gun. You know what he's thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement you kind of lost track yourself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow his head clean off, he's got to ask himself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Gyron
07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
"No time" is apparently by definition an unmeasured time frame. It could be years before we see the photoshop job he speaks of.....

Anthem
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM

A two-year-old Kobe reference? I'm impressed.

Trader Joe
07-07-2008, 02:35 PM

DD, I'm not sure why the attention is so important to you sometimes...

You did the same thing during the awards and it bugged the crap out of me then.
I enjoy reading your posts when it comes to the Pacers, but sometimes you just try and get the attention way too much.
I recognize there are other photoshoppers on this board besides MR (yourself, Rel31, and a few others), but MR has produced some hilarious images over the years.

Raoul Duke
07-07-2008, 02:51 PM

I enjoy reading your posts when it comes to the Pacers, but sometimes you just try and get the attention way too much.
I recognize there are other photoshoppers on this board besides MR (yourself, Rel31, and a few others), but MR has produced some hilarious images over the years.

I remember seeing that Rel31 guy's stuff. He was awesome. What happened to him?

Mourning
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM

MR in overkill mode! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
This was posted over an hour ago. "No time" must be longer than the words would indicate! ;)

Well, to be fair, he is looking back at you down the barrel of a gun. You know what he's thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement you kind of lost track yourself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow his head clean off, he's got to ask himself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

"No time" is apparently by definition an unmeasured time frame. It could be years before we see the photoshop job he speaks of.....

A two-year-old Kobe reference? I'm impressed.

Sorry about that, guys. I'm not what you call a complete attention whore. I just came from a really bad "forum" so to speak before coming here. None of my opinons or anything were really taken seriously. Here they have. Yes, I do want to be known, that's fine. Just don't take a lot of the "cries for attention" seriously.

I also have been working with this Adobe Photoshop for years and I just wanted some people to see my work. By far I'm not the best, but I try. I'm not selling or anything, just want it to be looked at and to be noticed as one of the creative ones around here.

Indy, when it comes to the awards, I campaigned because all my life I have been known as the biggest Pacers' fan that anyone has ever known. In essence, there is no sense that a title like that should have went to anyone other than me. (Sorry about the ego.) If I am in a competition, I am going to do anything I can (without cheating) to win. In all due respect, I'm sorry if I have annoyed you, but you need to send me a PM if you want to express any concerns about me, instead of calling me out in front of everyone.

I get really excited about this team, sometimes I've been told that I get too excited. But that is just me. I take the majority of my creative talent and pour it into making neat, artistic (maybe not always funny) things. I take a ton of photos at games and events, and I always want to be a part of things. I live way too far away from where I grew up, and it makes it really hard to make it to a lot these things, so I try and be as close as possible when I can.

Basically what I am saying is that recognize not only what others do, but what I can do. I'll be less arrogant about it from now on. Please don't run me off from this place. I've made a lot of friends here within the past 6 months.

I also apologize for writing a check my butt can't cash. I said no time, but I had some things come up and I really couldn't get to it. I'll be working on it tonight at work I guess...

Anthem
07-07-2008, 03:56 PM
It's cool, Duke. Nobody's worried about it.

Gyron
07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
If you hadn't noticed Duke, we give everyone a lot of crap, including ourselves. We are just making you feel at home and part of the crowd in our own wierd way.

JayRedd
07-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I actually don't like you.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
It's cool, Duke. Nobody's worried about it.
Thanks. I already started on it after I said I'd do it this morning, and I really think it will turn out well. I may just finish it.

If you hadn't noticed Duke, we give everyone a lot of crap, including ourselves. We are just making you feel at home and part of the crowd in our own wierd way.
I understand. Us in TCT mess with each other all the time. I just didn't want anyone to really hate me.

I know.

count55
07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I didn't recognize the Kobe reference, so I was just making a joke about the "I just look at him a little and he gets insecure line" next to the picture of Dirty Harry aiming a gun.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm by no means insecure. At least I hope not. I really wasn't calling out MagicRat and saying he sucks. I just wanted people to notice that I've been shelling out quality photographic manipulations like he has. So if you feel like I have offended you in any way, MR, I do apologize. That wasn't my intention.

Trader Joe
07-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Wow, DD, I'm not trying to run you off the forum, and I apologize for calling you out. The convo was just heading that way so I threw my two cents in. I appreciate your contributions and I know that you love the Pacers so its no biggie to me. Just the way I'm wired I guess that stuff like that wears on me after a while.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I know how it gets. Even the annoying people can get annoyed.

:P

ajbry
07-07-2008, 05:46 PM
I recognize there are other photoshoppers on this board besides MR (yourself, Rel31, and a few others).

I'm glad you differentiated between "photoshoppers" and graphic designers. :D

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 05:50 PM

idioteque
07-07-2008, 05:50 PM
I know how it gets. Even the annoying people can get annoyed.

:P

It's a basketball forum. Don't worry about it.

A lot of people here probably don't like me here, but you know what, that's fine. If you don't win an award, what does it matter? Hell, I have 2,000 posts and have never been nominated. I'm nothing but another one of btowns "friends" to most people on here.

ajbry
07-07-2008, 05:53 PM

Exactly. And I like you.

This thread is fantastic.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 05:53 PM

A lot of people here probably don't like me here, but you know what, that's fine. If you don't win an award, what does it matter? Hell, I have 2,000 posts and have never been nominated. I'm nothing but another one of btowns "friends" to most people on here.
Thanks. I'm good now.

By the way, why did you want to know how tall I was and what jersey size I wear? LOL

idioteque
07-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks. I'm good now.

By the way, why did you want to know how tall I was and what jersey size I wear? LOL

I want to order a jersey online, yours looked like it fit the way I wanted mine to, and well here in DC I can't just try on a Granger jersey somewhere. Plus, I hate trying things on.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I want to order a jersey online, yours looked like it fit the way I wanted mine to, and well here in DC I can't just try on a Granger jersey somewhere.
I figured you were looking at one.

Most of mine are Larges, I used to by XLs, but they got too big on me and feel like dresses.

Are you ordering it from the NBA.com site or The Home Court Gift Shop Website?

If you are ordering it from the Home Court Website, I'll let you use my discount.

ajbry
07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
You got to let the jerseys hang pretty low, IMO. But to each his own.

idioteque
07-07-2008, 06:11 PM
You got to let the jerseys hang pretty low, IMO. But to each his own.

To each his own, yeah. I actually own a lot of old crappy jerseys (think Yinka Dare, Harold Minor), and nothing is better than a old crappy tight jersey and a newport on a summer day. :cool:

idioteque
07-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I figured you were looking at one.

Most of mine are Larges, I used to by XLs, but they got too big on me and feel like dresses.

Are you ordering it from the NBA.com site or The Home Court Gift Shop Website?

If you are ordering it from the Home Court Website, I'll let you use my discount.

Most likely Home Court, I will PM.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Most likely Home Court, I will PM.
Just let me know.

SoupIsGood
07-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I love and appreciate you all.

btowncolt
07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm fairly neutral towards most of you.

I have a lingering suspicion that some of you watch me when I put women's clothing most week nights.

I'm entirely confident that if I saw JayRedd on the street, I would call him a ninny.

Putnam
07-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I assess the worth of other people on the basis of their grammatical orthography. And by the rarity and aptness of their literary references. Hibbert.

Major Cold
07-07-2008, 09:13 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8R9wQSvGQDA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8R9wQSvGQDA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

it is a joke.

MagicRat
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I really wasn't calling out MagicRat and saying he sucks. I just wanted people to notice that I've been shelling out quality photographic manipulations like he has. So if you feel like I have offended you in any way, MR, I do apologize. That wasn't my intention.

NP

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/dannyurkel.jpg

croz24
07-07-2008, 09:57 PM
don't get too excited about an article written by somebody off the streets with zero journalistic credibility.

Anthem
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
NP

You disappoint me.

Raoul Duke
07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
don't get too excited about an article written by somebody off the streets with zero journalistic credibility.

That's what I'm trying to say. I realize the guy's trying to get started as a journalist but if you've been on realgm you know he's just a Pacers fan who realgm decided should "write" for them.

MagicRat
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
You disappoint me.

Get used to disappointment.....

BlueNGold
07-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I didn't know Danny had such big biceps...and hairy arms...;<)

Ok, let's set the egos aside and see a good one... Please?

avoidingtheclowns
07-07-2008, 10:45 PM
NP

i <3 pixels

Raoul Duke
07-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Messed up on the glasses but I'm tired of working on it.

http://img218.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-17711/loc562/87408_danielqurkel_122_562lo.jpg

Somebody want to do the glasses??
http://img45.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-18500/loc186/87540_noglasses_122_186lo.jpg

Hicks
07-07-2008, 11:40 PM
The picture's not showing up for me?

Shade
07-07-2008, 11:43 PM
NP

You're not even trying anymore, are you? :p

Kid Minneapolis
07-07-2008, 11:47 PM
NP

That is freakin' hilarious, lol. :D

Raoul Duke
07-08-2008, 12:08 AM
The picture's not showing up for me?

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/7338/danielqurkelnh8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9250/noglassessq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 12:22 AM
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/7338/danielqurkelnh8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Great job!

Kid Minneapolis
07-08-2008, 12:29 AM

:D

You shoulda said, "Did I do that?" at the end of the post. :D

JayRedd
07-08-2008, 12:35 AM
It's final. I'm going to start wearing suspenders.

Also, great work, Magical ROUS.

Naptown_Seth
07-08-2008, 01:01 AM
I hate that I can never be as funny as you. You're my 3rd least favorite poster. I'm sure you can live with that.

BTW, MR gets the props for the IDEAS behind the mocks, just like his timely Kobe reference.

Shade
07-08-2008, 01:26 AM

:lol:

Raoul Duke
07-08-2008, 01:57 AM
I went back and tried to redo the glasses...God, I feel like such a loser right now.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6692/urkelnewbr7.jpg

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4352/dannyurkel2xd2.jpg

Shade
07-08-2008, 01:59 AM
I like the heavenly glow Danny has when he's on the court. :angel:

Anthem
07-08-2008, 07:41 AM
From you? I expect nothing else.

Putnam
07-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by MagicRat http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/images/buttons/PDbuttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=753488#post753488)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

From you? I expect nothing else.

A more apt reply might have been, "I would sooner destroy a stained-glass window as an artist such as yourself..."
<!-- / message -->

Anthem
07-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by MagicRat http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/images/buttons/PDbuttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=753488#post753488)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A more apt reply might have been, "I would sooner destroy a stained-glass window as an artist such as yourself..."
<!-- / message -->

Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much.

Putnam
07-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much.

I just want you to feel you're doing well.

317Kim
07-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I went back and tried to redo the glasses...God, I feel like such a loser right now.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6692/urkelnewbr7.jpg

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4352/dannyurkel2xd2.jpg

:laugh:

Your work is much appreciated.

MagicRat
07-08-2008, 10:48 AM

The battle of wits has begun......

Bball
07-08-2008, 11:04 AM

This shouldn't take long...

Bball :zip:

;)

btowncolt
07-08-2008, 11:07 AM

It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

count55
07-08-2008, 11:20 AM

This shouldn't take long...

Bball :zip:

;)

I, personally, would've gone with "Damn, another Cold War."

avoidingtheclowns
07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

you've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. it's going to get you into trouble someday

Anthem
07-08-2008, 11:32 AM
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.

Putnam
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.

You are obviously very brave. But nobody withstands...the machine.

MrSparko
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Not to 50!!

Naptown_Seth
07-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I've read this same thread derail 167 times and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it.*

* I see your movie derail and raise you a totally different tanget. There's even room for a MR special - Go ahead... make my millenium.

Tom White
07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
...I live way too far away from where I grew up, and it makes it really hard to make it to a lot these things, so I try and be as close as possible when I can.

Well, I see you list your location as Bedford. Yeah, that must be tough. Kinda like East Oolitic, but without all the glamour.

Tom White
07-08-2008, 12:05 PM

....and that frightens most of us.

BillS
07-08-2008, 12:08 PM

Except for btowncolt. Which frightens us more.

BobbyMac
07-08-2008, 12:16 PM
:o
Of course it's positive Andrew Perna/PacerPerspective would never say a negative thing about the Pacers. Notice every non-Pacers article he writes he bring up the Pacers or Reggie at least once.

Soooo...he writes like we would expect a home town newspaper to....instead we get kraptiz and wells....shame..

btowncolt
07-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Except for btowncolt. Which frightens us more.

I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me.

Putnam
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me.

When a man soils a Wellington, he puts his foot in it.

Raoul Duke
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM
:o

Soooo...he writes like we would expect a home town newspaper to....instead we get kraptiz and wells....shame..

I guess but he still incorporates the Pacers and/or Reggie Miller in to every article he writes which is annoying as a Pacers fan, I can't imagine how the other teams' fans feel.

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, I see you list your location as Bedford. Yeah, that must be tough. Kinda like East Oolitic, but without all the glamour.

East Oolitic ain't got nothin' on me.

Jonathan
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I do not know if the Pacers will be in the playoffs next year. They are w/ a bunch teams that can go from sixth seed to tenth seed. Any experts guess is as good as mine right now!!
Look at the EAST;

You have your top tier teams
Boston
Washington
Detroit
Toronto
Orlando Magic

Second Tier
Cleveland if Lebron misses over 15 games they do not make the playoffs. If he is healthy they are a lock.

Question Marks
Atlanta if they lose Josh Smith, they are hurt. Have no Chane
Sixers move them in the top tier if they gain Josh Smith.
Chicago, New Jersey, Bobcats, Bucks, & Pacers

No Chance
Knicks

SoupIsGood
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM

Aw, you know you want some guy-love. :hug:

Trader Joe
07-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Guy-love thats what it is!

Putnam
07-08-2008, 03:22 PM

SoupIsGood works in sexual innuendo like others work in oils or clay. It's his true medium. A master.

Trader Joe
07-08-2008, 04:41 PM
BTW since when is Washington a top tier team?

Jonathan
07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
BTW since when is Washington a top tier team?

Why aren't they?

ilive4sports
07-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Why aren't they?
Did they even win a playoff series last year? They have lost to the Cavs in the playoffs three straight seasons yet you have them better than the Cavs? How is that possible?

Top Tier Teams:
Boston- they won the finals and no one else is on par with them in the east, possibly the league imo.

Second level:
Detriot- should be good still, but is this the year they drop off a bit?
Orlando- Dwight will only get better as will the rest of the team
Cleveland-they have LBJ simple as that

Next level:
Toronto-if JO is healthy they will be on the second level, but as we all know thats a huge if.
Washington- what have they done to be with the other teams in the second level? They arent young and have a ton of potential like Orlando, havent been to the finals like the Cavs and arent near Detroits level. They are good, but not that good.

And the last two spots are up for grabs by:
Pacers
Chicago
Sixers
Atlanta
Charlotte-only reason i have them here is Larry Brown. I think he is a great hire for the Bobcats

I dont see NJ, Milwaukee, or New York making any noise this year.

In all honesty I can see us jumping up to the same level as Toronto and Washington, but I want to see us on the court before I put us there.

Isaac
07-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I think Milwaukee is better then you are giving them credit for. They really added some scoring punch in RJ, him and Michael Redd are legit 1-2 scoring options on the wing. That may be the best combination of 2/3 in the league outside of Allen/Pierce.

The problem with Milwaukee is depth, but we'll see if they make another move to fix their bench.

Jonathan
07-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Did they even win a playoff series last year? They have lost to the Cavs in the playoffs three straight seasons yet you have them better than the Cavs? How is that possible?

Top Tier Teams:
Boston- they won the finals and no one else is on par with them in the east, possibly the league imo.

Second level:
Detriot- should be good still, but is this the year they drop off a bit?
Orlando- Dwight will only get better as will the rest of the team
Cleveland-they have LBJ simple as that

Next level:
Toronto-if JO is healthy they will be on the second level, but as we all know thats a huge if.
Washington- what have they done to be with the other teams in the second level? They arent young and have a ton of potential like Orlando, havent been to the finals like the Cavs and arent near Detroits level. They are good, but not that good.

And the last two spots are up for grabs by:
Pacers
Chicago
Sixers
Atlanta
Charlotte-only reason i have them here is Larry Brown. I think he is a great hire for the Bobcats

I dont see NJ, Milwaukee, or New York making any noise this year.

In all honesty I can see us jumping up to the same level as Toronto and Washington, but I want to see us on the court before I put us there.

The way the NBA Playoffs are set up Orlando & Washington are top tier teams. I think you should throw Miami in the mix as ?'s b/c Beasely, Marion, Wade are in the mix of six to ten.
You think by just drafting Hibbert & Rush the Pacers are much better than Milwaukee. Fine. I do not!

Jonathan
07-08-2008, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Isaac;754260]I think Milwaukee is better then you are giving them credit for. They really added some scoring punch in RJ, him and Michael Redd are legit 1-2 scoring options on the wing. That may be the best combination of 2/3 in the league outside of Allen/Pierce.

The problem with Milwaukee is depth, but we'll see if they make another move to fix their bench.[/QUOTE

I agree 100%
Richard Jefferson with Michael Redd could be a playoff combo in the EAST!

ilive4sports
07-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I forgot that Milwaukee traded for RJ, considering that I would bump them up to our level. They do have depth problems, but RJ and Redd is a nice combo. Thanks for pointing that out.

Miami, maybe. In all honesty, i completely forgot about them. I just got off the bike when i posted this and was dead tired and had a pounding headache. Having a healthy D-Wade is going to make a huge difference, if he is healthy. Beasley will have a good impact too this year and we know what Marion brings to the table.

Now that they have been brought to my attention i agree a bit more with you guys. I guess the Pacers making this much noise this offseason has distracted me from everyone else. Guess thats a good thing, i hope.

I still disagree about Washington and Toronto being top teams though. Toronto maybe if JO stays healthy, but I dont see Washington being any better than years past and what have they done then?

Jonathan
07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I forgot that Milwaukee traded for RJ, considering that I would bump them up to our level. They do have depth problems, but RJ and Redd is a nice combo. Thanks for pointing that out.

Miami, maybe. In all honesty, i completely forgot about them. I just got off the bike when i posted this and was dead tired and had a pounding headache. Having a healthy D-Wade is going to make a huge difference, if he is healthy. Beasley will have a good impact too this year and we know what Marion brings to the table.

Now that they have been brought to my attention i agree a bit more with you guys. I guess the Pacers making this much noise this offseason has distracted me from everyone else. Guess thats a good thing, i hope.

I still disagree about Washington and Toronto being top teams though. Toronto maybe if JO stays healthy, but I dont see Washington being any better than years past and what have they done then?

All we can agree upon is it will be a very interesting in the EAST. The Pacers could end up from a 6-12 much like a lot of teams.

LG33
07-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Let's wait for all the ink to settle before we start speculating rankings.

MagicRat
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM

Yeah. Speculators are already causing me enough trouble at the pump. I don't need them overinflating NBA rankings, too........

Putnam
07-09-2008, 08:22 AM

By the time the dust has dried on this summer league, I think you'll be ready to take the whole kettle of fish to the bank, unless, or course, Larry's got someone else's shoes up his sleeve.