PDA

View Full Version : Kwame Brown?

MillerTime
07-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Hes an unrestricted free agent this offseason. SHould we pick him up, only if we can pick him up for like $2 million a season ? Hes not going to be an amazing player, but im sure he has some potential in him? People make fun of him everywhere...Im not saying hes our answer for our front court but he maybe worth a shot

Justin Tyme
07-06-2008, 08:28 AM
First you won't get Brown for 2 mil.

2nd Browne and Harrison have 3 things in common. Both have the label of potential associated with them... one was a 1 round 1st pick and the other was 1st round last pick, both are failures having not to lived up to expectations, both aren't much and are looking for jobs.

If you could get Brown for the 2mil per year for 1-2 years he'd be worth a chance. He be more of a banger than anyone on the team at PF. But again, he won't be had for 2 mil.

Does he meet the qualifications to get a vet minimum? How much is it? IIRC, the league pays part of it.

CompACE
07-06-2008, 11:09 AM
The guy's a head-case - He's one of the main examples why the NBA instituted that players must be 1 year removed from high school.

Roaming Gnome
07-06-2008, 11:29 AM
For the right price, he probably would be a decent banger if your expectations are pretty low for him.

My only concern is that he might be a bit of a malcontent and didn't he get into some trouble too...I really can't remember.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah he's just plain dumb. He got pulled over for driving the wrong way down a one way street. And he was trying to throw a cake at Ronny Turiaf and missed, hitting a bystander in the face. I really don't like him because in DC he's probably the most hated sports figure to play for a DC team. Arguably being the worst 1st overall pick ever in all of sports. I'd stay away..far far far away. I mean if he can't crack the line up with the Grizzlies..

CableKC
07-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Why do we need another Big Man that can't score?

Roaming Gnome
07-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah he's just plain dumb. He got pulled over for driving the wrong way down a one way street. And he was trying to throw a cake at Ronny Turiaf and missed, hitting a bystander in the face. I really don't like him because in DC he's probably the most hated sports figure to play for a DC team. Arguably being the worst 1st overall pick ever in all of sports. I'd stay away..far far far away. I mean if he can't crack the line up with the Grizzlies..

In this situation...he would not be held to the expectations that he was held to in either Washington or LA. Here, he would just be a grinder, rebounder and post defender that may be out to set the occassional screen on offense.

As for Memphis not using him...They had no reason to take mins. away from their own developing players to make way for a guy that got there mid season and was not returning the next year. The Grizzlies were not playing for a play-off spot or much else other then increasing the experience of their young players and their lottery balls.

I could care less about what Washington thinks of the guy, they screwed up making him their #1 pick, not us. From what I seen of him, I think he defends the post decently and has size. For the right price...I feel he is worth the thought unless he got into trouble outside of launching the cake.

BlueNGold
07-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Looking back on that draft, it was not one of the better ones. Gasol, Tony Parker and Joe Johnson were the best picks. Light years better than Kwame I realize, but that draft stunk it up.

As for Kwame, I see no reason to acquire him now that we have Hibbert. Rasho also fills that slot. Kwame is more center than PF IMO...

Edit: Ooh. Arenas...or was that Bayless..;<)...was picked in the second round. Just a little better than Kwame...

Anthem
07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
What two Pacers would you cut to make room for Kwame?

People keep saying "We should sign this guy" without realizing that even if we bought Tinsley out we wouldn't have an extra roster spot.

Jose Slaughter
07-06-2008, 03:13 PM
I think Bird is looking at character & maturity just as much as basketball skill.

That pretty much eliminates Brown.

idioteque
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I think Bird is looking at character & maturity just as much as basketball skill.

That pretty much eliminates Brown.

Exactly. The team hasn't built up all this positive PR in the offseason to tear it all down by signing a lazy, troublesome guy like Kwame who not only won't contribute but will probably do something to make the fanbase hate him. He is probably as hated in DC as Daniel Snyder, and that's an accomplishment.

Another one of MJ's great draft picks, lol.

CableKC
07-06-2008, 03:27 PM
One more thing.......Kwame would only take away minutes from Roy.

If we needed a Big Man that can rebound and defend the post, I would much rather resign Foster next season. At least with Foster, I trust that he fits in the system and has no on/off issues.

Shade
Kwame has no potential. What you see is what you get.

CableKC
I could be wrong...but I don't think that Jordan drafted Kwame.

juadam09
07-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Exactly. The team hasn't built up all this positive PR in the offseason to tear it all down by signing a lazy, troublesome guy like Kwame who not only won't contribute but will probably do something to make the fanbase hate him. He is probably as hated in DC as Daniel Snyder, and that's an accomplishment.

No way is Snyder hated here.

As for Kwame, he was hated because of his laziness and his lack of maturity. I see no reason why the Pacers should take a risk on someone like him.

Was it the Wizards fault for taking him so high? Definitely. But it didn't help he couldn't iron his own clothes or do his own laundry as a 19 and 20 year old man. He still has a lot of growing up to do, and I hope it happens on some other squad then the Pacers.

juadam09
07-06-2008, 03:31 PM

I believe it was MJ who drafted him, but it was also MJ who ripped him apart in the press all during his 1st season.

Of course in hindsight MJ was 100% correct in all of his criticisms.

Oneal07
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
No. . .He Sucks and plays lazy

count55
07-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I don't want Kwame Brown unless we can tank to get him.

Anthem
07-06-2008, 04:33 PM
You're wrong.

Anthem
07-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Of course in hindsight MJ was 100% correct in all of his criticisms.
Maybe.

Or maybe he ended up causing a lot of Kwame's problems, not just discovering them.

idioteque
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
No way is Snyder hated here.

Really? I could care less about the Skins but I know about 10 or 15 Skins fans that have straight up stopped watching the team because of Danny Boy's inept management skills.

juadam09
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Maybe.

Or maybe he ended up causing a lot of Kwame's problems, not just discovering them.

Maybe.

I have many rants about MJ and the way he treated the Wizards players, Kwame being one of them. That said, many other players took the criticism he gave and used it to improve their game, like Gilbert.

MJ was far from a saint (not allowing players to enter or shower in the locker room until he is showered and dressed....that just reeks of lameness to me) but Kwame had many problems that to the best of my knowledge he still has. That is just a matter of being immature, and I hope he is given a chance to mature so long as it is not as a member of the Pacers.

juadam09
07-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Really? I could care less about the Skins but I know about 10 or 15 Skins fans that have straight up stopped watching the team because of Danny Boy's inept management skills.

I have had season tickets from the last 5 years and been a fan since forever.

Has he made dumb decisions? Sure. More so when he first got here then now.

Lately he has made lots of "better" moves and the team is headed in the right direction, IMO.

Fedex has crazy good attendance for home games, and the season waiting list is as long as ever. 10 or 15 people who jump off does not make Danny "hated" in DC.

FWIW I just moved to Florida and I met a lot of people who were Skins fans, and that was before ST died. Kinda surprised me.

Robertmto
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM

That was his FIRST draft choice for the team.

MJ was also the guy who called Kwame a "flaming ***g0t" after an altercation.

JayRedd
07-06-2008, 05:38 PM
And Phil Jackson and Brian Shaw were the ones who meowed at him all the time.

Justin Tyme
07-06-2008, 06:16 PM
What two Pacers would you cut to make room for Kwame?

People keep saying "We should sign this guy" without realizing that even if we bought Tinsley out we wouldn't have an extra roster spot.

I agree that most posters don't consider the fact that 2 players would have to be cut if another player is signed, but do you truly think if Bird had a chance to sign a player "he truly wanted", that cutting 2 players would really be an issue?

Any combination of McBob, Baston, and Graham based on their salary, on needs, and the player being signed would dictate who stays and who goes.

Another thought is that Bird has until the season starts to reduce the roster to 15 by trades, so it is conceivable that he wouldn't have to cut any players. I like may others would like to see another trade or 2 b4 the season starts.... Quis in particular and Shawne a real possibility. JMOAA

Shade
07-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I would cut Tinsley and McRoberts regardless of whether we pick up another player or not.

Justin Tyme
07-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I would cut Tinsley and McRoberts regardless of whether we pick up another player or not.

I don't see the Pacers cutting Tinsley if they have to pay him his full contract. If they can buy him out at 80%, they can save themselves 3 mil.

LoneGranger33
07-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Stop making fun of Michael Jordan guys. Everyone makes mistakes with their first franchise - look how good he's doing with Adam Morrison and the Charlotte Bobcats!

AesopRockOn
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM
One more thing.......Kwame would only take away minutes from Roy.

If Hibbert play any regular time this season, I'll be amazed. Kwame's actually worth tweny minutes a game.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-06-2008, 08:23 PM
If Hibbert play any regular time this season, I'll be amazed. Kwame's actually worth tweny minutes a game.

Would you really rather have Kwame on the floor instead of Hibbert? Kwame has no potential, no effort, no drive, no experience, no anything. He's a waste of a roster space and cap space. Luckily, I really doubt Bird would waste his time with somebody like that. As for Dan Snyder..he's definitely hated in DC. I know a bunch of skins fans and they all hate him for the ridiculous moves and decisions he has made. Like signing Archuletta to a huge contract and then he was benched for like half a season, signing Brandon Lloyd to a huge contract and he didn't even record a touchdown, not making Greg Williams the head coach after Gibbs stepped down..and so on. Back on point, Kwame Brown is garbage.

Shade
07-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't see the Pacers cutting Tinsley if they have to pay him his full contract. If they can buy him out at 80%, they can save themselves 3 mil.

I didn't mean "cut" in the non-literal sense.

Anthem
07-06-2008, 09:49 PM
He needs minutes. Kwame might win us more games this year, but he's not the future. Hibby needs to start getting experience against NBA big men, as soon as possible.

Big Smooth
07-06-2008, 10:00 PM
I'd rather see Roy get significant minutes over a Kwame Brown type of player. At least you can look at Roy and pretend he has untapped potential.

count55
07-06-2008, 10:30 PM
He needs minutes. Kwame might win us more games this year, but he's not the future. Hibby needs to start getting experience against NBA big men, as soon as possible.

Well, Kwame hasn't really helped anybody win more games to this point, so I'm not even sure he has that in his favor.

JayRedd
07-06-2008, 10:34 PM

I don't think that makes sense.

count55
07-06-2008, 10:43 PM

I don't think that makes sense.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/waffen/violent-smiley-046.gif

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/waffen/violent-smiley-008.gif

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/waffen/violent-smiley-010.gif

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/waffen/violent-smiley-019.gif

Doesn't it?

JayRedd
07-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Oh...I get it now.

I'm just not used to Shade being clever. You're getting so wise in your old age, sir.

juadam09
07-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Would you really rather have Kwame on the floor instead of Hibbert? Kwame has no potential, no effort, no drive, no experience, no anything. He's a waste of a roster space and cap space. Luckily, I really doubt Bird would waste his time with somebody like that. As for Dan Snyder..he's definitely hated in DC. I know a bunch of skins fans and they all hate him for the ridiculous moves and decisions he has made. Like signing Archuletta to a huge contract and then he was benched for like half a season, signing Brandon Lloyd to a huge contract and he didn't even record a touchdown, not making Greg Williams the head coach after Gibbs stepped down..and so on. Back on point, Kwame Brown is garbage.

Ok, and I have many friends in the DC/VA area who are die hard Skins fans and dont hate Snyder. So does that mean I can make a blanket statement that Snyder isnt "hated by everyone" in DC. Nuff said. As for all those examples, yes they were bad, except we have to wait on the Williams decision (I wanted him to be the HC but maybe it was the right decision, only time will tell). As for Archuletta, at least he is gone now. Thanks goodness.

Back on topic, just say NO to Kwame.

Shade
07-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh...I get it now.

I'm just not used to Shade being clever. You're getting so wise in your old age, sir.

With each hair lost, I gain another braincell.

I should be a super-genius by the end of the year.