PDA

View Full Version : Pacer Tickets?

MillerTime
07-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Im sure most of you guys are aware that the Pacers had the lowest attendance this year; not surprised considering their roster and they way they played (and taking into consideration the small market). I wanted to know how much tickets would cost to watch a game in late december or early january at Canseco Field House? I live in Toronto, so I wouldnt mind driving the 4 hours to watch a game this coming season.

I wanted to know how much you guys think I could get scalped tickets for (preferably lower bowl or court side)?

Kegboy
07-04-2008, 11:29 PM
No idea on the scalpers, but you better factor in another couple hundred for speeding tickets if you expect to get from Toronto to Indy in 4 hours.

Ramitt
07-04-2008, 11:31 PM
He his talking about Canadian hours. As the US dollar has devalued so has our time. I figure 4 Canadian hours must be worth about 2 Us Days currently. I miss making fun of Canadian money.

MillerTime
07-04-2008, 11:52 PM
LOL my bad guys. Its 8 hours. I totally misjudge the time. http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Mississauga&1s=ON&1a=5100+Erin+Mills+Parkway&1z=L5M+4Z5&2c=Indianapolis&2s=IN&2a=125+S.+Pennsylvania+Street&2z=46204

Back to tickets...anyone know how much they go for around?

denyfizle
07-05-2008, 02:02 AM
I wanted to know how much tickets would cost to watch a game in late december or early january at Canseco Field House? I live in Toronto, so I wouldnt mind driving the 4 hours to watch a game this coming season.

I didn't know Toronto was that close to indy. Canseco fieldhouse might trade you tickets for a pack of HGH but Conseco charges the same all the time. Decent seats are as low as $50 but if you wait til halftime the scalpers will sell you ringside seats for $10 a piece! :)

MillerTime
07-05-2008, 02:33 AM
I didn't know Toronto was that close to indy. Canseco fieldhouse might trade you tickets for a pack of HGH but Conseco charges the same all the time. Decent seats are as low as $50 but if you wait til halftime the scalpers will sell you ringside seats for $10 a piece! :)

i wouldnt mind paying for court side if i can get a decent price

Erik
07-05-2008, 09:00 AM
I can't stand dealing with scalpers. If you're willing to spend around $50-$60, you can get good seats through Ticketmaster.

DGPR
07-05-2008, 09:10 AM
The best way to do this is to drive through Indy to the southside and into Greenwood. From there you have to pick me up and take me to the game with you. It's the only way I know this is going to work.

Jose Slaughter
07-05-2008, 09:30 AM
ooooooooooooooohhhh, I'm not even going to swing at that one, even thou I think I could hit that baby outta the park!

Naptown_Seth
07-05-2008, 09:46 AM
i wouldnt mind paying for court side if i can get a decent price
Just yourself or will it be a pair or more? $170 I think will put you in the 2nd row on the ends, face value. But you usually can't by 2 of those from the box office together.

I'm assuming scalpers are going to be backing down a little this year after taking a hit last year. By the final 2 months you could easily get way below face value, even online. How that goes this year will obviously depend on how the team is doing.

Personally if I drove 8 hours I wouldn't want to wait till halftime to get into the game just to sit close/cheap.

duke dynamite
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/0708_Seating%20Chart_price-grid.pdf

duke dynamite
07-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I can't stand dealing with scalpers. If you're willing to spend around $50-$60, you can get good seats through Ticketmaster.
Sometimes I screw them over really bad and only tell them I have so much money. Then they eventually give in and sell for less than face value. I only do this when I want good seats really cheap. Usually I have a few extra people with me.

The best way to do this is to drive through Indy to the southside and into Greenwood. From there you have to pick me up and take me to the game with you. It's the only way I know this is going to work.

You pay for your ticket, and I'll pick you up on the way to the games. My dad lives in Greenwood.

TripleThreat
07-05-2008, 03:13 PM

i thought you didn't like ticket scalpers...

printing fees...ink charges...convenience fee...scalping charges...they are all the same.

Naptown_Seth
07-05-2008, 03:35 PM
i thought you didn't like ticket scalpers...

printing fees...ink charges...convenience fee...scalping charges...they are all the same.
No kidding. Do it from home it's like $7 or worse even at will call. Drive/walk 6 blocks to Conseco and it's free. Wow, some fair deal.

Last year I got cheaper tickets from scalpers than the box office anyway. I'm not pro-scalping but having seen the stories where TM helps fuel their own resell outlets (aka scalpers) I really dislike them.