PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PD Forum Awards - Most Fanatical Poster - JOneal7!

Hicks
06-15-2004, 04:46 PM
From now until 3PM Wednesday (I will try to make this go by that time every weekday), everyone has their chance to vote for the 2004 Most Fanatical Poster.

The Nominees Are:
able
JOneal7
MagicRat
Shade
Unclebuck

Kstat
06-15-2004, 04:47 PM
interesting decision

Suaveness
06-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Nevermind.

Hicks
06-15-2004, 04:48 PM
No Poll?

I go with Shade on this.

It's up now.

Kstat
06-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Shade gets my vote too. I respect the diehards.

Roaming Gnome
06-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by fanatical? Do you mean "most spirited or passionate" or something in that area?

ChicagoJ
06-15-2004, 04:53 PM
fanatical from dictionary.com

adj : marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea

OR

adj. : Possessed with or motivated by excessive, irrational zeal.

[hr]
I don't know about this category yet.

I might make a cop-out and declare that Rat is most fanatic - about the Pacemates.

But I don't know who's most 'fanatical' about the Pacers. Especially since the old-timers have a different way of expressing thier irrational zeal than the younger kids, but that doesn't make either group more or less fanatical.

Kstat
06-15-2004, 04:54 PM
fanatical

adj : marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea

OR

[hr]

Jay is a pretty fanatical SOB, i wonder how he got left off the list. :P

Hicks
06-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Tough decision. I went with my man able. The man lives in London England, but loves the Pacers enough to put all of this work in for us here at PD, including hosting my forum and website at no charge, and he is a far better host than the ones I paid to be months ago. Just outstanding.

For him to do all that while living on the other side of the Atlantic to boot, which means he also stays up to LISTEN (not watch) Pacer games from 1AM-4AM every game day, I have to vote for him. This is some serious die-hard devotion.

Suaveness
06-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Tough decision. I went with my man able. The man lives in London England, but loves the Pacers enough to put all of this work in for us here at PD, including hosting my forum and website at no charge, and he is a far better host than the ones I paid to be months ago. Just outstanding.

For him to do all that while living on the other side of the Atlantic to boot, which means he also stays up to LISTEN (not watch) Pacer games from 1AM-4AM every game day, I have to vote for him. This is some serious die-hard devotion.

And even better, he has British chicks to keep him company. Lucky guy.

Roaming Gnome
06-15-2004, 05:02 PM

Good point...that makes my choice a lot easier :)

Will Galen
06-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Joneal7 got my vote. I figure anyone that plans on moving to Indiana from Florida just to attend Pacer games is cra . . . er . . . fanatical. :laugh:

Frankly Indiana is a nice place to visit in the SUMMERTIME, but I wouldn't want to live there.

kerosene
06-15-2004, 05:06 PM
I had to go with able as well for the reasons Hicks mentioned. JO7's enthusiasm is hard to beat and UB's flat out devotion to the Pacers is amazing but able is just hardcore about things especially considering what he goes through to keep up with the Pacers.

Will Galen
06-15-2004, 05:07 PM

Hmmm, if I had read this before I voted I would have copped out again and waited to vote for Able or JO7, whichever was behind.

Pig Nash
06-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Joneal7 got my vote. I figure anyone that plans on moving to Indiana from Florida just to attend Pacer games is cra . . . er . . . fanatical. :laugh:

Frankly Indiana is a nice place to visit in the SUMMERTIME, but I wouldn't want to live there.

same thing

Unclebuck
06-15-2004, 05:16 PM
I voted for Shade.

Even though you need to chill out at times, you are the most fanatical of the group.

Suaveness, I nominated you in this category, but I can't vote for you because well because....

This is going to be a close vote, I think

Snickers
06-15-2004, 05:18 PM
This is a tough one. :arrgh:

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 05:25 PM

OR

Um, that would definitely be UncleBuck. The guy's even admitted he has no life outside the Pacers.

Kegboy
06-15-2004, 05:35 PM

OR

Um, that would definitely be UncleBuck. The guy's even admitted he has no life outside the Pacers.

I don't know, he's still pretty rational about it. When I see the word "irrational", Shade just jumps into my head.

Snickers
06-15-2004, 05:37 PM

OR

I don't know, he's still pretty rational about it. When I see the word "irrational", Shade just jumps into my head.

Wow, a glowing endorsement from Kegboy. :D

ChicagoJ
06-15-2004, 05:42 PM
fanatical

OR

[hr]

Jay is a pretty fanatical SOB, i wonder how he got left off the list. :P

:finger:

Although, I don't see too many others that drive three hours just to go to a home game as often as I do.

Kstat, a case could also be made about you as a fanatical Pistons fan. Of course, 'round here, we don't really give a :$h!t: about that.

:pepper:

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 05:43 PM

Hmmm, if I had read this before I voted I would have copped out again and waited to vote for Able or JO7, whichever was behind.

If I had read this before I voted, I probably would have voted for able, too. But I feel UB is equally deserving.

sweabs
06-15-2004, 05:57 PM

Hey stop lobbying Carlisle!!!!!!

:flirt:

MSA2CF
06-15-2004, 06:24 PM
I voted. :)

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 06:26 PM

Hey stop lobbying Carlisle!!!!!!

:flirt: <--- Gets my vote for gayest emoticon.

Hicks
06-15-2004, 06:30 PM

"gayest"? :unimpressed:

And before you ask, no I'm not.

Kstat
06-15-2004, 06:31 PM

dammit, I just lost $50. :banghead:

;)

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 06:41 PM

It is called the "flirt" emoticon, and since it's just us guys here...well, you figure it out, big boy. :flirt:

Snickers
06-15-2004, 06:48 PM

It is called the "flirt" emoticon, and since it's just us guys here...well, you figure it out, big boy. :flirt:

Commenting on a boy's "size" is a risky maneuver when you're in the midst of question aforementioned boy's sexuality. :flirt:

ABADays
06-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Are you kidding? Nobody on here needed more attention than Shade . . . . well until JO7 came along.

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 06:57 PM

Commenting on a boy's "size" is a risky maneuver when you're in the midst of question aforementioned boy's sexuality. :flirt:

Snickers
06-15-2004, 07:04 PM

There you go, honeybuns. :flirt:

BigMac
06-15-2004, 07:13 PM
My vote is for Magic Rat.

He did the video, always showed post game pix that HE took. Diehard fan there. He also sits in balcony seats (we had a posting argument about me not sitting in the balcony any more) so I've got to give him props!

Able-Great poster and great host. He was a close 2nd.

JOneal7-fun to read his stuff-very zealous. Reading his posts sometimes makes me think I'm reading the instant messages of my 14 year old daughter (with the ebonics, etc.). This was what set him behind for me. I'm still glad he's here, though.

Shade-Another good poster. But when I think of who has gone far and beyond the call of duty, his posts are very good but not like MagicRat. Keep up the good work Hades Scion!

Uncle Buck-can't get two awards-it's like the MVP and Cy Young-you have to have an unbelievable year to get both and it has been a good year for Buck but not a GREAT year!

Basically, a 4 way tie for second.

JOneal7
06-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I'M LOSING!!!!!!!!! NOOOOO! I TRYED MAN! I REALLY DID!
I'm in the indy star for crying out loud! :-P!
I'm devoted! i'm right there to! UHG! Don't make me go all out next year for that title! Cause i got plans already! EVEN MY SEASON TICKET DEPOSIT IS IN! BOO YA! Beat that suckaz! it's a start!
lol :)

JOneal7
06-15-2004, 08:26 PM
wait a second...lol no i'm not! WOO HOO! I'm Winning! After i make my victory speech, i will defend my title next season! and make runs at the big dawg titles. "POSTER OF THE YEAR" or "rookie poster" dissapointed i'm not in that!

Natston
06-15-2004, 08:31 PM
This could get interesting... :devil: :lurk:

MagicRat
06-15-2004, 08:39 PM
EVEN MY SEASON TICKET DEPOSIT IS IN! BOO YA! Beat that suckaz! it's a start!

If you've paid attention, you've already seen my season ticket deposit for next year......... :cry:

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/Tickets.jpg

FWIW, my wife disagrees with everyone but BigMac!........ :P

BigMac
06-15-2004, 08:50 PM
EVEN MY SEASON TICKET DEPOSIT IS IN! BOO YA! Beat that suckaz! it's a start!

If you've paid attention, you've already seen my season ticket deposit for next year......... :cry:

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/Tickets.jpg

FWIW, my wife disagrees with everyone but BigMac!........ :P

Remember, I'm there for you my man!!!!!!!!

TheSauceMaster
06-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Magic Rat , I voted for you :P

You gave me so much joy with the pacemate pics :devil:

Ragnar
06-15-2004, 09:00 PM

OR

:laugh: What you mean you do?

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 09:52 PM

OR

:laugh: What you mean you do?

Ummmm...yes. :)

MagicRat
06-15-2004, 10:00 PM

I'm a magic fan...
And a Pacer Fan...

Hmmmmm..........note which one he lists first......maybe he's actually the most fanatical Magic fan.....hmmmmmmmm :devil: :P

Snickers
06-15-2004, 10:06 PM

I'm a magic fan...
And a Pacer Fan...

Hmmmmm..........note which one he lists first......maybe he's actually the most fanatical Magic fan.....hmmmmmmmm :devil: :P

Yes, but notice how he capitalised "Pacers," but not "magic?" :hmm:

kerosene
06-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Tight race in this one.

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 12:41 AM
I VOteD FuR JONEAL7 CuZ HE Be MY DAWggg!!!

DO U-All Know HOW FREAkin' LONG iT TAKEZ tO TyPE LIKe THIZZZ?

MOST FanATICaL - MOST DEF!!!

JOneal7
06-16-2004, 01:37 AM
iT tAkEs aWhIlE tO tYpE lIKe ThAt...!
GO ME!
lol
And don't pull that magic stuff! I have 2 loves! have since 94! :)
so whaaaaaaaaaat!
shade giving me trouble...I'm mad! I'll pull a rabbit out of my hat and keep my votes steady...hmmm, how can i lock this up...
*goes to the lab to think*
lol

Snickers
06-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Spelling Conseco correctly in your sig couldn't hurt. :flirt:

TheSauceMaster
06-16-2004, 01:43 AM
is it just me or is his avatar getting larger and larger :confused:

Snickers
06-16-2004, 01:47 AM
is it just me or is his avatar getting larger and larger :confused:

Seems like it to me.... must be a subtle facet of his plot to take up more and more of our Pacer lives.... :uhoh:

JOneal7
06-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Why i have no idea what you are talking about ;)

lol...
I always get it mixed up, plus it's late!
GOOOO PACERS
TMAC+JO=5 Rings In 5 YEARS!

JOneal7
06-16-2004, 02:14 AM
you fools got me in trouble! YOU ARE SOOOOOO OFF THE CHRISTMAS CARD LIST! lol

Snickers
06-16-2004, 02:42 AM
Damn. That's worse than being just *slightly* off the Christmas card list. :(

And quit complaining, you're still up 14-11. :flirt:

JOneal7
06-16-2004, 03:12 AM
lol...woo hoo! no way i can lose now!

Hicks
06-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Final Results:

able
19% [ 10 ]
JOneal7
29% [ 15 ]
MagicRat
19% [ 10 ]
Shade
21% [ 11 ]
Unclebuck
9% [ 5 ]

Congratulations to the 2004 Most Fanatical Poster, JOneal7!

MSA2CF
06-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Hicks, JOneal7 must have gotten ahold of you.

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S

:laugh:

MagicRat
06-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Note to self:

Top Ten Ways to Improve my Fanatical Polling performance next year

10. Move to England and take over site-hosting duties.
9. Purchase zoom lens for better Pacemates pictures to retain the battleground Saucemaster vote.
8. Less time taking pictures, more time trying to score wristbands.
7. Explain that normal people are not able to produce audio evidence of Pistons fans yelling during the National Anthem on cue.
6. Move to Chicago; Get Pacers tie.
5. When Artest trades are mentioned, grab my chest and stagger around shouting "I'm coming to join you, Elizabeth!"
4. After the Pacers drop the 3rd game of the season to go to 2-1, declare that the rest of the season will be a back door sweep and the Pacers will finish 2-80.
3. Buy oversized Pacers baseball cap.
2. Instead of posting the "Rick Carlisle Show", get "You are there" audio from Rick's house. :ninja:
1. Less photoshop, more CAPSLOCK.....

Editor's Note - Any similarity to PD posters living or dead is purely coincidental..... :P

ChicagoJ
06-16-2004, 05:22 PM
:laugh:

Note to self:

I wasn't even nominated, so that won't help you much. And you can't get officially registered Illinois "BOOM BBY" license plates, since *somebody else* already has them.

:dancingbavetta:

Snickers
06-16-2004, 05:23 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

:cry: .... it's sad because it's true.

MagicRat
06-16-2004, 05:42 PM
I wasn't even nominated, so that won't help you much. And you can't get officially registered Illinois "BOOM BBY" license plates, since *somebody else* already has them.

:dancingbavetta:

Well, I nominated you, so I felt you had some elements I could add to my game......

SycamoreKen
06-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Note to self:

9. Purchase zoom lens for better Pacemates pictures to retain the battleground Saucemaster vote.
7. Explain that normal people are not able to produce audio evidence of Pistons fans yelling during the National Anthem on cue.
5. When Artest trades are mentioned, grab my chest and stagger around shouting "I'm coming to join you, Elizabeth!"
4. After the Pacers drop the 3rd game of the season to go to 2-1, declare that the rest of the season will be a back door sweep and the Pacers will finish 2-80.
2. Instead of posting the "Rick Carlisle Show", get "You are there" audio from Rick's house. :ninja:

Editor's Note - Any similarity to PD posters living or dead is purely coincidental..... :P

Hey you forgot featureing and Orlando Magic player in your avatar. shouldn't doing that automaticlly force you to give up the most fanatical PACER fan award?

JOneal7
06-16-2004, 06:02 PM
LOL, Cmon now! Thats hunter blocking the shhhh out of michael ruffin! :P
I'll change it tho, lol

Kstat
06-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Note to self:

Hey you forgot featureing and Orlando Magic player in your avatar. shouldn't doing that automaticlly force you to give up the most fanatical PACER fan award?

Well see, now he needs to start his campaign for the most fanatical MAGIC fan award....... :P

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Poof, and the avatar is gone :o

Hicks
06-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Zep, these people were nominated, I didn't arbitrarily select them.

Hicks
06-16-2004, 06:46 PM
I never took that as a jab. You're wasting time posting big respones over nothing. I was just explaining that if you had issues with who was up for voting, that it was decided by the forum-base (those that post here), so it's really not any "farce". That's all.

:shrug:

JOneal7
06-16-2004, 06:48 PM
that xxansassX or w/e his name was has only been around during the eastern conf finals. Bragging how no ones a true fan and reggie miller is god. Notice he isn't hear now? but i bet you come playoff time he will be.
Long live my reign! and i had 16 votes it says ;)
lol

Shade
06-16-2004, 06:52 PM
No Poll?

I go with Shade on this.

Shade gets my vote too. I respect the diehards.

I voted for Shade.

Even though you need to chill out at times, you are the most fanatical of the group.

When I see the word "irrational", Shade just jumps into my head.

Are you kidding? Nobody on here needed more attention than Shade . . . . well until JO7 came along.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course, like my boys in blue and gold, I came up just a little short. :cry:

Congrats JOneal7...you psycho! :P

sweabs
06-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Note to self:

I voted for you MagicRat - maybe next year!
Don't change anything - we really appreciate all you do.