PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PD Forum Awards - Most Valuable Poster - Unclebuck!

Hicks
06-14-2004, 03:47 PM
From now until 3PM Tuesday (I will try to make this go by that time every weekday), everyone has their chance to vote for the 2004 Most Valuable Poster.

The Nominees Are:
Bball
Jay@Section222
MagicRat
Peck
Unclebuck

Unclebuck
06-14-2004, 04:06 PM
This one is a tough one for me. How can I possibly pick between Jay and Peck. They both bring so much to this forum, and I read every word they write, as I do several others, but these two guys are probably my 2 favorites.

I have to vote for Peck in a very close decision.

The questions he ask, the points he makes, and his overall contribution is MVP worthy.

For this category I asked myself, which poster would I miss the most if they stopped posting. Peck is the answer to that question.

He is just a great writer.

P.S. I always feel bad about leaving so many great posters out

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 04:13 PM
We think you're great too, UB :D

Pig Nash
06-14-2004, 04:33 PM
We think you're great too, UB :D

my thoughts exactly!

Mourning
06-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Seconded! ;)

Snickers
06-14-2004, 04:39 PM
No votes for Jay? What is wrong with you people!? :(

Mourning
06-14-2004, 04:42 PM
You can vote, can't you? Anyway, he's a great poster, no doubt there! ;)

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Hard Decision , They all Deserve the Award IMHO

MagicRat
06-14-2004, 05:05 PM
http://www.une.edu.au/studorgs/thai/images/victory.gifA vote for me is a vote to hear the Ron Artest interview from today's Dan Patrick Show!!!!http://www.une.edu.au/studorgs/thai/images/victory.gif

:blush: :P :rolleyes:

MSA2CF
06-14-2004, 05:06 PM
No disrespect to anyone, but I voted for Bball. I like your comments, man. :thumbsup:

Unclebuck
06-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Can I change my vote to Jay, please someone vote for him. Plus if I change my vote from Peck to Jay I might just squeak this thing out. Oops this post might cost me a few votes, nevermind

bulletproof
06-14-2004, 05:34 PM
I voted for the person whose posts I read first when I come to the board. He knows who he is. ;)

kerosene
06-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Difficult decision. I know there were other deserving people nominated as well. Tough to pick just one from this group.

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 05:38 PM
No disrespect to anyone, but I voted for Bball. I like your comments, man. :thumbsup:

:D

bulletproof
06-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Can I change my vote to Jay, please someone vote for him. Plus if I change my vote from Peck to Jay I might just squeak this thing out. Oops this post might cost me a few votes, nevermind

Please tell me you voted for yourself.

Pig Nash
06-14-2004, 05:42 PM

Don't have to do that UB ;)

bulletproof
06-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Hicks, don't you think it would be better if you did the categories in reverse order, building up to MVP? It's going to be anti-climatic once we get to "Most Argumentative Poster."

Hicks
06-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Hicks, don't you think it would be better if you did the categories in reverse order, building up to MVP? It's going to be anti-climatic once we get to "Most Argumentative Poster."

I thought about it. But we're already in motion now, so I'm gonna leave it.

I'll try to build up the rest as best I can though.

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 05:59 PM
<Jeopardy tune in background>

Cripes I gotta make a choice????????

Can I get a lifeline???

I'll ask Mrs. G which one to choose (no wait she'd ask to see their butt).

Damn

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Ask the audience :laugh:

Pig Nash
06-14-2004, 07:49 PM
I voted for UB because he's the poster i most like hearing from.

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 08:07 PM
http://www.une.edu.au/studorgs/thai/images/victory.gifA vote for me is a vote to hear the Ron Artest interview from today's Dan Patrick Show!!!!http://www.une.edu.au/studorgs/thai/images/victory.gif

:blush: :P :rolleyes:

okay cough up the interview , you got 2 votes rat :flirt:

Peck
06-14-2004, 09:17 PM
I have no idea how I am even nominated for this.

In reality I'm more like Reggie on here than anything else. I'm living on past glory & every now & then I'll come in & hit the three. It's way past time to let others step forward.

We have a very fine group to choose from.

Bball is my brethern on most issues. We almost disagree on nothing so from an idealogical standpoint Bball is my man.

Magicrats pictures are always a treat. His season ending tribute was over the top good. So from a technalogical standpoint Magicrat is my man.

Jay hates Ron Artest worse than I do. ;) Plus he gets a worse ulcer at the games than I do. So from an emotional standpoint Jay is my man.

This brings me to Uncle Buck. We agree on so little when it comes to the Pacers. He tends to go into "superfan" mode when the season ends so therefor it's hard to discuss what may have gone wrong in the past year. His undying love for Ron Artest sometimes makes me want to bang my head against the computer screen.

But here's the thing. Nobody cares more about the Pacers than this guy. He's been there from the low's of the 80's up to today. His posting style is always crisp, clean & coherant. His topics are alway relevant. He always has something to say & he knows his basketball. Plus he knows what I know, at the end of the day Dale Davis is God. :)

Ok, that last part was actually my lie. He only thinks Dale's a Demi-God. ;)

He is the straw that stirs the drink on this forum as far as I'm concerned.

No offense to the other fine posters listed because each on thier own deserves the vote, but for me, hands down Uncle Buck is the Pacersdigest forum.

bulletproof
06-14-2004, 09:53 PM
No offense to the other fine posters listed because each on thier own deserves the vote, but for me, hands down Uncle Buck is the Pacersdigest forum.

Bball
06-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Except for that Bball guy, what a tough group of posters to choose from. There are certain posters who I always read... agree with or not....

I'm not sure how to single out just one.

I'm just glad Hicks and others were able to create this place for all of us and make it so it encourages such great community input and support.

-Bball

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 10:30 PM
GROUP HUG!!!!

ChicagoJ
06-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Been offline almost all day. I truthfully don't know how I got nominated for this one, but I'm flattered to be on this list. There are some guys that aren't on the ballot that are also among my favorites that also deserved consideration.

Let me compliment these other guys on the ballot. I might try to make longer, more inquisitive (okay, rambling) posts like Peck, but every time I start to do that, he's already beat me to it and said it better than I would have. I've been surprised that I've agreed with him as much as I have. But as has been noted, he's very good at laying out an argument and defending it. In another life, Peck might have made a fine lawyer, but I'm pretty sure the world is a better place because of his civil service. (See, I do pay attention to the non-basketball stuff you guys post, too. :o Actually, I don't know if civil service is the 'correct' label, but so what?)

Look at the great posts that are started by Peck. Many of other the other great posters on here achieve thier greatness because of the contributions they make to posts and questions initiated by Peck. In many ways, he's like the Jermaine O'Neal of this board, his presence consistently makes it easy for the rest of us. Peck, that's the type of stuff an MVP does...

bball's analysis, articles, etc. are always very good. Again, I think he does an excellent job of organizing his thoughts and making his points clear. I don't know if there's something in the water in Bedford, but his analysis is usually very similar to Jay's_Dad@Section222 and I really enjoy it. (Of course, if Jay's_Dad@Section222 were web-savvy enought to find this place, he'd also tell you how much I like to argue with his opinions. :P )

I love MagicRat's picture threads. Because that's my favorite thing about PD, I voted for him. I remember thinking, when we were talking about that gamewinning shot that the Kings dropped on us at the Fieldhouse, how much easier it was for me to "break down the x's and o's" because of his picture where JO didn't trap on the screen, forcing Tinsley to take an even longer path back to the shooter. ( :mad: ). Besides, for all the Springsteen bootlegs and .mp3s that Rat has shared with me, I guess you could say that he's bought my vote. :pimp: Rat is much like Tinsley, the PG who does a great job of setting up all of us 'gunners.'

UB, I didn't vote for you, and truthfully I feel somewhat guilty about that since I just admitted that Rat bought my vote ( :D ). I've not encountered anyone as passionate about NBA basketball and the Pacers as you are... in fact, I think you are the only person I've met that I would consider 'more passionate' about the Pacers than myself. I wonder sometimes how many more Pacers fanatics were born in October 1969? (I said I was paying attention. ;) )

But here's the great thing about UB: as you've all seen over the past couple of weeks, UB and I don't really agree on Ron Artest at all. :devil: Last summer, I was ready for the Pacers to just cut Artest and move on. But once I started getting involved with PD, I kept asking myself, "UB seems to know what he's talking about, so why does he love Artest so much when I'm ready to just cut his @$$ and move on?" Anyway, even when I don't agree with UB, he constantly inspires new angles for me to watch for, consider, and analyze. There has only been one other person that has so consistently challenged me to analyze the Pacers in new ways, and again that's Jay's_Dad@Section222. :buddies:

Maybe over the course of the next couple seasons, I could improve and actually challenge for "Forum MVP." Until then, I appreciate the people that voted for/ nominated me, and I apologize to some of my other favorites (Kegboy, Kerosene, Ragnar, BillS, some of those foreigners that we're going to talk about in a few days, etc. *) for taking a spot on the ballot.

And thanks to Hicks and able for giving us a home with moderators that we can respect and trust.

:dance:

* of course, I just made a big mistake by naming a few people because I know I'm going to forget to name a few others that I really enjoy, too.

Unclebuck
06-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Not sure if we are supposed to do this, but my nominations were, Able, Kerosene, MagicRat, Peck and Jay, and if I could have if he would have let me I would have nominated Hicks who deserves some special award for all the work he has done.

Jay for three years until I found out what Peck did I thought he was a lawyer, he is so good at asking questions.

To be an MVP you have to contribute quantity and quality and or add something unique to the forum.

Nothing makes my day more than to log on in the morning and see a thread started by Peck.

Cactus Jax
06-14-2004, 11:53 PM
It was tough between Peck and Unclebuck, and all of these guys as well. Peck, and UB both bring excellent game analysis, and will let you know how they honestly feel after every game. I voted for UB because he has me think of things I didn't even recognize or see in a game, plus he's so dedicated.

Also I want to point out a special thanks to Kerosene for all of the articles he posts on here, plus also because he's a Pacer fan out on the west coast much like myself. :P

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 12:24 AM
To be an MVP you have to contribute quantity and quality and or add something unique to the forum.

I'll take quality over quantity anyday. But hell, if uniqueness is one of the criteria for MVP, I should have won this one hands down. And yet, I wasn't even nominated. ;)

By the way, why does everyone feel compelled to say who they voted for? I wonder if we'll see as much candor in the person we most love to hate thread.

Unclebuck
06-15-2004, 08:47 AM
I plan to comment on who I vote for in each category

MagicRat
06-15-2004, 09:08 AM

Man, where were you in my time of weakness? I could've used my vote....... :blush:

At least now I know how Bill Murray felt during the Academy Awards.... :P

DisplacedKnick
06-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Guess I'll mention that I thought UB vs Peck is virtually a toss-up. They each are invaluable - but generally they talk about different aspects of the Pacers.

I voted for UB. Why? Last year I voted for Peck.

Gyron
06-15-2004, 12:54 PM
I voted for Unclebuck because his posts are always the first ones I read when I log on.

The rest on the list are just losers.... :laugh:

JUST KIDDING!

I thnk everyone of the people on the list and several that were not lsited make this place what it is, a great place to come, discuss something we all love and have somehow dedicated our lives and a place where we all feel like friends, even if many of us have never met in Real life.

/salute to all of the candidates!

Will Galen
06-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Hicks and Able make this the place it is, but the category isn't most valuable, it's most valuable poster.

To me there are two posters the forum feeds off of, Peck and Buck. To put it in Reggie Jacksonise, two straws that stir the drink. How do you separate them?

Since I can't split my vote I guess I'm going to cop out. Not entirely though. I'm going to watch the vote totals and if it gets down to where I can tie it up by giving either a last minute vote, I'll do so.

bulletproof
06-15-2004, 02:04 PM
No disrespect intended toward UB, but he gets the most votes because he says what most people want to hear. Peck is more of a contrarian. Guess who I voted for? Again, no disrespect toward UB as I find his posts quite informative, if not a wee bit too agreeable. ;)

MagicRat
06-15-2004, 02:05 PM
No disrepect intended toward UB, but he gets the most votes because he says what most people want to hear. Peck is more of a contrarian. Guess who I voted for? Again, no disrepect toward UB. ;)

Why would being 25% of my total be disrespectful to UB? :confused: :P

Unclebuck
06-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Again, no disrepect toward UB as I find his posts quite informative, if not a wee bit too agreeable. ;)

You suck, oops that is not agreeable :laugh: :laugh:

sweabs
06-15-2004, 04:16 PM
UB - you would have gotten my vote if you brought back the John Candy avatar :devil:

Hicks
06-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Poll is now CLOSED. :)

Hicks
06-15-2004, 04:43 PM
The winner is - Unclebuck! :dance:

Congradulations Mr. Buck. :D

Final Poll results:

Bball
8% [ 5 ]
Jay@Section222
13% [ 8 ]
MagicRat
6% [ 4 ]
Peck
27% [ 17 ]
Unclebuck
44% [ 27

Suaveness
06-15-2004, 04:46 PM
UB only won because I got all the monkeys in the zoo to vote for him :unimpressed:

:flirt:

Kstat
06-15-2004, 04:49 PM
UB is a VERY deserving MVP. I hope he gets a special sig or title or something under his avatar.

Snickers
06-15-2004, 04:52 PM
UB is a VERY deserving MVP. I hope he gets a special sig or title or something under his avatar.

:nod: Motion seconded.

Hicks
06-15-2004, 04:55 PM

That's a good idea :idea:

*runs off to do that*

Hicks
06-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Done! :)

Snickers
06-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Very nice! Congratulations, Buck! :dance:

Unclebuck
06-15-2004, 05:11 PM
I would like to thank my mom and dad, my brothers and sisters, my aunts and uncles, cousins, and my whole extended family. Thanks to all my teachers I had growing up, coaches, everyone I have ever talked to in my whole life. :laugh:

Now you know why I was not nominated for most humorous poster.

I do appreciate the votes, Thanks

Roaming Gnome
06-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Congrats UB...Great job! :yes:

Kstat
06-15-2004, 05:17 PM
M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :champions: :champions: :champions: :champions: :champions: :champions: :champions: :champagne: :champagne: :champagne: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Kstat
06-15-2004, 05:22 PM
UB has become this forum's "Tim Duncan."

*cops pulls UB over tomorrow*

"Sir, did you know that you were going 65?"

*UB just stares*

"Ok, 55........"

sweabs
06-15-2004, 05:53 PM
UB is the man!!!
I always look forward to reading his posts, along with Peck, Jay and many others.

One request though, for UB.

BRING BACK JOHN CANDY!!!

http://www.pacersdigest.com/unclebuck.gif

ABADays
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
I thought UB was missing? I remember reading a story on here about that at one time this season?

Congrats!

TheSauceMaster
06-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Congrats UncleBuck

BostonConnection
06-15-2004, 09:14 PM
UB, congrats, you've definitely brought the same level of great posting here that you did in the 'old place'! :thumbup:

I have to admit though, it feels weird to see a 'MVP' poster vote without old IS standbys like Scott H, Twes, PFFL, etc. on the nomination list, but time does march on...

kerosene
06-16-2004, 12:52 AM
I have to admit though, it feels weird to see a 'MVP' poster vote without old IS standbys like Scott H, Twes, PFFL, etc. on the nomination list, but time does march on...

Congrats UB, you've certainly earned this (but I voted for Peck, sorry :P )

BC you're right with what you said there but these 5 here give anyone a run for their money. Posting more often might make some of the folks you mention more visible (hint hint)

I'd like to give a shout out to the guys I nominated in different areas who didn't make it for the final vote in any of categories:

Arkman
BostonConnection
Doug
Hicks
Jose Slaughter
King Mob
LedZeppelinColt
pacertom
Skaut_Ech
Stryder
unstandable

And you deserve much credit for the Game Threads. I'm not always around to partake but I read them when I'm not and am happy that those are done and are there.

Also, thanks Jay and UB. I'm flattered and surprised by your comments but I'm nowhere near worth considering. After all, I'm just a dude tryin to get by :)

Unclebuck
06-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Bump just to see what the results were two years ago, and to see how I've mailed it in the past two years