PDA

View Full Version : Name that team

ABADays
07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
So the Sonics are on the way to OKC. I would be curious what you would name them.

I'm having a hard time not calling them the Oklahoma City Travelers.

The Unknown
07-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I saw the Soonics, I thought that was pretty creative.

Pig Nash
07-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I've heard Outlaws.

ajbry
07-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I've heard Outlaws.

Same. It's adequate enough.

idioteque
07-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Oklahoma City Robbers?

Oklahoma City Raiders?

I just hope that inept Howard Schultz never sniffs the NBA again, and I wish that swashbuckling owner of theirs many poor seasons.

count55
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Don't know if this is official, but they're supposedly down to these four names:

Thunderbirds
Outlaws
Barons
Thunder

Though I'm kinda partial to the "Surreys"...there uniforms could have fringe on top.

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/goats.jpg

ajbry
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Don't know if this is official, but they're supposedly down to these four names:

Thunderbirds
Outlaws
Barons
Thunder

Though I'm kinda partial to the "Surreys"...there uniforms could have fringe on top.

I like Thunderbirds...

Pig Nash
07-03-2008, 09:19 PM
the OKC Zapdos?

http://o.guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/12045/images/zapdos.gif

ABADays
07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I like Thunderbirds but I would have thrown Scouts into the ring. Yes I know, there was once a team called the Kansas City Scouts but they lasted for what, about 3 weeks.

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
OKC Prairie Dogs

http://www.nps.gov/wica/naturescience/images/Prairie-Dogs.jpg

ABADays
07-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Thunderbirds
Outlaws
Barons
Thunder

Where did you get this information? I can't find an OKC basketball board. I have to say they deserve a team after the Hornets but not anymore than the Seattle fans.

ABADays
07-03-2008, 09:25 PM
I've heard Outlaws.

I can hear Tinsley now "HOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEE!"

FrenchConnection
07-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I like Thunderbirds but I would have thrown Scouts into the ring. Yes I know, there was once a team called the Kansas City Scouts but they lasted for what, about 3 weeks.

The KC Scouts was a hockey team. They are now the NJ Devils. They played in KC for two seasons, then in Denver and then moved to NJ.

ABADays
07-03-2008, 09:39 PM
The KC Scouts was a hockey team. They are now the NJ Devils. They played in KC for two seasons, then in Denver and then moved to NJ.

Like I said - three weeks :p

count55
07-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Where did you get this information? I can't find an OKC basketball board. I have to say they deserve a team after the Hornets but not anymore than the Seattle fans.

The link I had was dead, but now that I think of it, it may have been some fan contest or voting...the Daily Oklahoman quoted Bennett as saying that they'd have a new name and colors soon, but no indication was given as to what it might be. Bennett mentioned that they needed to work with the NBA and Legal folks to be sure they could "protect" the name.

Isaac
07-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I still think they should be the Twisters.

Pig Nash
07-03-2008, 10:15 PM
The Oklahoma City Red Oaks?

The Oklahoma City Okie Dokes?

The Oklahoma City Oilers?

ABADays
07-03-2008, 10:20 PM
I saw the Soonics, I thought that was pretty creative.

I could go with that as long as the only person saying was Curly from The Three Stooges.

Aw Heck
07-03-2008, 10:23 PM
http://epbell.iweb.bsu.edu/trapezoids.jpg

Who says it has to make any sense?

SycamoreKen
07-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Oklahoma City Laters

Since they are in the West all of their games will be after the college ones are over. If they are smart their colors will be burgandy and white.

Pig Nash
07-03-2008, 10:27 PM
they could get a sponsorship from Now and Laters. Hardee har har.

Shade
07-03-2008, 10:27 PM
The Oklahoma City Pacers. :uhoh: :devil:

Pig Nash
07-03-2008, 10:28 PM
No that's the Seattle Sonics, formerly of Indiana.

ABADays
07-03-2008, 10:29 PM
The Oklahoma City Pacers. :uhoh: :devil:

For some reason I knew you would be the first.

Jose Slaughter
07-03-2008, 11:15 PM

This was my pick too.

I can almost hear 21,000 crazed Twister fans yelling ...... blow me......... blow me.......... blow me.......... Gooooooooooo Twisters!

Almost brings a tear to your eye. :cry:

ABADays
07-03-2008, 11:16 PM
This was my pick too.

I can almost hear 21,000 crazed Twister fans yelling ...... blow me......... blow me.......... blow me.......... Gooooooooooo Twisters!

Almost brings a tear to your eye. :cry:

I think the Seattle fans are already using the first part of that.

kester99
07-03-2008, 11:53 PM
The Okeydokes.

LG33
07-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Cellar Dwellers

thunderbird1245
07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I like Thunderbirds...

Me too. I've never had an NBA team named in my honor. :)

Hicks
07-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Bison!

Taterhead
07-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Oklahoma City Bombers

I know, bad taste, but it sounds pretty good.

Hoop
07-04-2008, 12:36 AM
The Oklahoma City Fighting Ewes (be afraid)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/BlackSheep.jpg

crunk-juice
07-04-2008, 01:31 AM
of those four names, i'd chose Outlaws. Thunder also sounds decent. but that has to be like black/yellow or something, not that red/white/blue BS i heard earlier...

OTD
07-04-2008, 03:10 AM
The Will Rodgers

BlueNGold
07-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Oklahoma City Bombers

I was wondering when someone would post that. In every attempt at humor there is a bit of pain. In this case pain > humor. I doubt the city would go for that one...

Anthem
07-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Outlaws should be reserved for when Vegas gets its first team.

CompACE
07-04-2008, 08:47 AM
The OKC Sonics
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/sonic/sonic.jpg

BoomBaby33
07-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Oklahoma City Wranglers.

I dont know how to resize pictures, otherwise I would put the logo on here. The Wranglers are an actual AFL team (or used to be - im not sure). Im sure the NBA team would trump the AFL team.

Check out this site. The logo is on there. Pretty cool website.

http://logoshak.com/

Check out the Macon team in this league (The PR team is genious):

<CENTER>MINOR LEAGUE HOCKEY</CENTER><CENTER>EAST COAST HOCKEY LEAGUE/ECHL</CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER>

Infinite MAN_force
07-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I kinda like OKC Barons. OKC Thunderbirds sounds good too.

If they really use outlaws they better hope they never have problem players. Press will have a field day with that.

Taterhead
07-04-2008, 12:28 PM
I was wondering when someone would post that. In every attempt at humor there is a bit of pain. In this case pain > humor. I doubt the city would go for that one...

Take it easy, I wasn't trying to be funny. The name wouldn't fly for obvious reasons, but I was thinking more along the lines of a bomber airplane than the terrorist bombings.

P.S. Almost every single non-nuclear bomb in our military arsenal is produced in southeastern Oklahoma.

Doddage
07-04-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm digging Thunder out of the four names.

Smooth_for_Pres.
07-04-2008, 01:06 PM
They could take a page out of the Toronto book and name their team after a cinema monster popular at the time of their creation...

The OKC Anton Chigurh's!!

http://blogs.allocine.fr/blogsdatas/mdata/9/1/9/Z20021109223000050242919/img/1179132688_chigurh_wildeyes.jpg

JayRedd
07-04-2008, 01:31 PM
OKC Prairie Dogs

They know drama.

jHjFxJVeCQs

RamBo_Lamar
07-04-2008, 02:39 PM
How about "The Oklahoma City Wrath" in honor of the John Steinbeck novel
"The Grapes of Wrath" which featured Ookies in its storyline.

Shade
07-04-2008, 02:46 PM

That was the first thing I though about posting, but decided it was in poor taste.

Not that's that's ever stopped me before. :shrug:

Shade
07-04-2008, 02:47 PM
They know drama.

jHjFxJVeCQs

Humor = pait + time. It's science.

It truly never gets old. :laugh:

TripleThreat
07-04-2008, 04:23 PM
OKC Prairie Dogs

if you have ever seen the prairie dogs in Oklahoma, you woudn't recognize them from this picture...

they are as round as they are tall. Too many McDonalds french fries and cheezy poofs.

TripleThreat
07-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Take it easy, I wasn't trying to be funny. The name wouldn't fly for obvious reasons, but I was thinking more along the lines of a bomber airplane than the terrorist bombings.

P.S. Almost every single non-nuclear bomb in our military arsenal is produced in southeastern Oklahoma.

i used to work for a company based out of Oklahoma City, and I work in the banking industry. I know a woman who's husband worked in the Federal Reserve Bank in that very building, who now has a chair for a tombstone. I have been to the site many times.

Simple decorum would have prevented you from saying anything that could even be misconstrued for that day...regardless of the reasoning behind the name.

Instead of telling someone to take it easy, perhaps you should simply apologize...and quite possible...just plain delete your original post. Just a thought.

Taterhead
07-04-2008, 09:26 PM
i used to work for a company based out of Oklahoma City, and I work in the banking industry. I know a woman who's husband worked in the Federal Reserve Bank in that very building, who now has a chair for a tombstone. I have been to the site many times.

Simple decorum would have prevented you from saying anything that could even be misconstrued for that day...regardless of the reasoning behind the name.

Instead of telling someone to take it easy, perhaps you should simply apologize...and quite possible...just plain delete your original post. Just a thought.

You just need to get over yourself.

I explained myself already, and I wasn't making fun of the bombings in any way. There is no need to apologize, I didn't do anything wrong. If that isn't acceptable to you, well that's too bad.

If the mods want to delete it since TripleThreat "Knows someone" and is offended, well they can make that judgement for themselves.

kester99
07-04-2008, 09:34 PM
The Fightin' Okeydokes.

ABADays
07-04-2008, 11:10 PM

I explained myself already, and I wasn't making fun of the bombings in any way. There is no need to apologize, I didn't do anything wrong. If that isn't acceptable to you, well that's too bad.

If the mods want to delete it since TripleThreat "Knows someone" and is offended, well they can make that judgement for themselves.

Sorry Tater - I gotta agree with Triple Threat.

Shawne#4
07-04-2008, 11:29 PM
The Oklahoma City Outlaws has the most ring to it, but I doubt Stern would be comfortable with it at a time when the league is desperately trying to improve its image.

My 2nd choice would be the Twisters. Not as much ring, but it connects with the state and makes sense. Nothing wrong with it.

Anthem
07-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Thirded.

count55
07-04-2008, 11:36 PM

Thirded.

Fourthed

Roaming Gnome
07-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Taterhead, your attempt to be funny was "lame" at best. Your insensitivity to Triple Threat was just plain disgusting. Yeah, you did nothing wrong that I feel comfortable warning you about or even assigning an infraction for, but I will let you know that your comment was as classless as I've seen on this forum in a long time.

This is not what Pacers Digest is about.

idioteque
07-04-2008, 11:45 PM
If they're not going to call the team the Bombers, they won't call it the Twisters either. I highly doubt people who had relatives that have died in an Okie Tornado would appreciate that.

Taterhead
07-05-2008, 03:38 AM
Taterhead, your attempt to be funny was "lame" at best. Your insensitivity to Triple Threat was just plain disgusting. Yeah, you did nothing wrong that I feel comfortable warning you about or even assigning an infraction for, but I will let you know that your comment was as classless as I've seen on this forum in a long time.

This is not what Pacers Digest is about.

Let me ask you this. I have had a family member blow his own brains out, is that grounds to ban the emoto-icon that features a smiley face pulling out a gun and blowing his brains out falling into a heap of blood that I've seen on here on several occasions? The first thing that popped into my mind was my cousin when I saw it. And that's me, not someone I know, or used to work with. I guess what I'm saying is, don't be hypocritical. If your goal is to offend noone, then do a better job of that.

If you don't feel comfortable warning me for it or issuing an citation for it, then no apology is necessary, no matter who demands one. It wasn't meant to be a joke, I already said that. I posted my reasons for the name, I even agnowledged the name would be in bad taste because of the incident. What else do you want? I guess just to issue an apology for something I didn't do to someone piggy backing sympathy off someone who was directly involved in the situation? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Like I said, if it's offensive, delete it. If my comments are truly disgusting, and the most classless you've seen on here for a long time, ban me. I could care less and I probably won't post here anymore anyways. The overly uptight and judgemental is not really my crowd.

Just stop whining about it.

TripleThreat
07-05-2008, 10:06 AM

regardless of the meaning behind it...your comment was crass. You yourself even realized it when you posted it, yet still didn't have enough common courtesy NOT to post it. Your continued defense of it is deplorable.

...and I need to get over myself? One of the people in this discussion is full of themselves, and it's not me, i can assure you.

Cherokee
07-05-2008, 11:57 AM
If they're not going to call the team the Bombers, they won't call it the Twisters either. I highly doubt people who had relatives that have died in an Okie Tornado would appreciate that.

And don't forget all those people attacked by prairie dogs!

DrBadd01
07-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Oklahoma City Cowboys. . . I like T-Birds to though.

duke dynamite
07-05-2008, 12:48 PM
And don't forget all those people attacked by prairie dogs!
Darn, I'll delete that post...

:cry:

idioteque
07-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Prarie Dogs tend to be dangerous.

Gyron
07-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Oklahoma City Wagon Wheels....That way, when they spin rightback out of town in a few years after the novelty wears off and the attendance drops off, it won't be a surpise.

PacerGuy
07-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Oklahoma City Bombers

If everyone is going to kill Tarter over this, how about you also send in your comments of distain & disguest to 1070 "The Fan" & Bob Kravitz, because he (Bob) made the same insensitive & crass comment/ suggestion last Thurs on his show. I am a bit surprised it has not gotten more attention.
Both myself & a friend have asked the station to have "Crapitz" to apologize for the comment, & while the station manager who replied admitted it was in bad taste, he did not sound like he was going to take the matter that far. Maybe if some of you also write, then he will.....

MyFavMartin
07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Introducing Your Oklahoma Scissortail Flycatchers!

Justin Tyme
07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Introducing Your Oklahoma Scissortail Flycatchers!

That's kinda catchy, but for some reason I just don't see Stern approving it.

NuffSaid
07-07-2008, 05:16 PM
I actually considered suggesting the "Twisters," but the name just doesn't roll off the tongue very well. If they did have a contest, my suggestion would be the "Wranglers". Even considered "Rough Riders", but too many words..."Oklahoma City Rought Riders" - vs - "Oklahoma City Wranglers".

The name works with the state's heritage of being formed out of the old west.

Gyron
07-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Oklahoma City Okras

NuffSaid
07-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Oklahoma City Wranglers.

I dont know how to resize pictures, otherwise I would put the logo on here. The Wranglers are an actual AFL team (or used to be - im not sure). Im sure the NBA team would trump the AFL team.

Check out this site. The logo is on there. Pretty cool website.

http://logoshak.com/

Check out the Macon team in this league (The PR team is genious):

<CENTER>MINOR LEAGUE HOCKEY</CENTER><CENTER>EAST COAST HOCKEY LEAGUE/ECHL</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>
Sorry, dude. Didn't mean to steal your thunder. But as they say, "great minds think alike." Here's the logo that once belonged to the OK Wranglers of the AFL. That team disbanded in 2001, but you gotta love the logo.

http://logoshak.com/~asgsport/images/Oklahoma_Wranglers.gif

Not sure if they'd ever bring back the name, but atleast we know it once fit a OK team somewhere.

idioteque
07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Oklahoma City Wagon Wheels....That way, when they spin rightback out of town in a few years after the novelty wears off and the attendance drops off, it won't be a surpise.

POTY :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

waxman
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
OKC Thunderbirds?..... what is this..... roller derby?

317Kim
07-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I like the Wrath and the Thunderbirds the best so far.

OKC Bandits anyone?

Justin Tyme
07-07-2008, 07:14 PM
FYI, Midwest City, OK is a burb of Oklahoma City, and eons ago MCHS' nick name was the Bombers. Tinker AFB is stationed there thus the name Bombers. They may have changed it now after the Oklahoma City bombings.

Roaming Gnome
07-07-2008, 07:38 PM
FYI, Midwest City, OK is a burb of Oklahoma City, and eons ago MCHS' nick name was the Bombers. Tinker AFB is stationed there thus the name Bombers. They may have changed it now after the Oklahoma City bombings.
http://sc.mid-del.net/images/pageitems/396/p193293143_334.jpg?sc_id=1163780294http://sc.mid-del.net/images/pageitems/390/p90839671_339.jpg?
I was curious if they did keep their name after the bombing, and yeah.... they did.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Nice little tid-bit:

Could They Be the Outlaws?

http://sportstechnow.com/2008/07/06/domain-research-will-the-new-oklahoma-city-nba-team-be-called-the-outlaws/

ABADays
07-07-2008, 07:44 PM
I think they should become the Corrals. OKCorrals. Then those stupid D-fense signs used at NFL games could be incorporated in the logo. "Join the Shootout with the OKCorrals".

idioteque
07-07-2008, 07:45 PM
A lot of the suggested names sound like Arena league or even rollerderby names, but I think that's more likely because the words "Oklahoma City" are in front of the nickname.

Justin Tyme
07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I was curious if they did keep their name after the bombing, and yeah.... they did.

I'm truly surprised.

Another piece of trivia... Midwest City's Jarman Jr High had the nickname of the Jets. Again b/c of Tinker AFB.

MrSparko
07-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Oklahoma City Ligers?

Shade
07-07-2008, 11:38 PM
A few ideas:

Oklahoma City In My Pants

ROT IN HELL, OKLAHOMA CITY!!!

Oklahoma City: It's Fun.

Random, Scattered, Disturbed Oklahoma City

317Kim
07-07-2008, 11:39 PM
In yo' pants, son.

Cherokee
07-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Oklahoma City Okras

I like it but judging by the response on the board the idea got ... well, squashed.

PacerGuy
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Oklahoma City Steaks.

Mmmmmmm, Steaks.............:deadhorse

317Kim
07-08-2008, 12:01 AM
OKC Mongooses

Shade
07-08-2008, 12:02 AM
They've just released the first picture of their mascot:

http://www.div.ca/graphics/eddie_buckwheat.jpg

CompACE
07-08-2008, 12:02 AM
The Oklahoma City Slickers
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000059TFL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

317Kim
07-08-2008, 12:07 AM
They've just released the first picture of their mascot:

http://www.div.ca/graphics/eddie_buckwheat.jpg

Is it not showing up for me or is it really the little red "x"?

Shade
07-08-2008, 12:08 AM
That little red "x" seems to be getting around a lot tonight. :hmm:

317Kim
07-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Yes, indeed.

Plenty of mysteries tonight. Finding OKC a team name, referrals, and now little red x's.

Merz
07-08-2008, 12:17 AM
the Oklahoma City Oklahomans (it worked for the texans)

the Oklahoma City Trailoftearsblazers (sorry to my Native American friends)

the Oklahoma City Air Cleaners (due to being #2 national in Clean air act)

the Oklahoma City Rural route mail carriers

the Oklahoma City People

the Oklahoma City Landstanders

Naptown_Seth
07-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Hmm, I'm going with Carpetbaggers. However along the Grapes of Wrath theme they could be the Dusters and play in the Dust Bowl.

OKC - now 5% more interesting than Delaware

JayRedd
07-08-2008, 12:30 AM
The Oklahoma City Panhandlers?

It works on multiple levels.

Merz
07-08-2008, 12:38 AM
The Oklahoma City Panhandlers?

It works on multiple levels.

I tought of that one, but OKC is not in the panhandle.
though it could work for other reasons.

MrSparko
07-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Oklahoma City Tumbleweeds!

LG33
07-08-2008, 02:17 AM
How about just the Fellers.

It would make it easy for the announcers:

"Well, I'll be, these Fellers sure are decent ballplayers."

"Yessir, I reckon we'll be seeing these Fellers in them there playoffs up yonder"

MrSparko
07-08-2008, 02:22 AM
The Gamblers?

For their next move in 5 years.

Its like chess man always gotta think 5 moves ahead.

Merz
07-08-2008, 02:31 AM
The Gamblers?

For their next move in 5 years.

Its like chess man always gotta think 5 moves ahead.

or the blackjacks could work.
a blackjack oak is a tree that grows in the Oklahoma area.
and we all know how blackjack works for Vegas as you hinted their next move would be to.

MrSparko
07-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Way to improve on my idea :P.

ABADays
07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Let's p*ss off the whole state of Texas and go with Longhorns.

2minutes twowa
07-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I think they should go the Golden State route:

Middle State Land Lovers

count55
07-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I think they should go the Golden State route:

Middle State Land Lovers

lubbers or nothing.

Oklahoma City Not-to-distant-futurers?

Could we move them to Tulsa and call them the "Timers"?

How 'bout to Pryor and call them the "Commitments"?

They could target the female demographic and call themselves the "Oklahoma City and the Sexes".

OK...this is just getting embarassing, so I'll quit now.

2minutes twowa
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
How 'bout to Pryor and call them the "Commitments"?

Or the Pryor Richards?:rimshot:

Wow, I am a :loser2: I apologize.

SoupIsGood
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
The OKC Poor Yoricks

Gyron
07-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Let's p*ss off the whole state of Texas and go with Longhorns.

That's awesome. :laugh:

Gyron
07-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Oklahoma Ohomo's?

Ehh, maybe a little too far....

naptownmenace
07-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Serious names:

Oklahoma City Rattlers

Oklahoma City Coyotes

Oklahoma City Badgers

Oklahoma City Oilers

Oklahoma City Rustlers

Non-Serious names

Oklahoma City Bible Thumpers

Oklahoma City Milkers

Oklahoma City Pines

Oklahoma City Prairie Chickens

Oklahoma City Klansmen (or OKCKKK for short)

Or they could go with the Oklahoma City Rioteers

MyFavMartin
07-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Oklahoma City Riflemen with Chuck as their headcoach

or go the Clint Eastwood route and call them

Oklahoma City High Plains Drifters

Trader Joe
07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
The Oklahoma City "Holy Crap the NBA was actually dumb enough to send a team here see you in Las Vegas in five years" Stopgaps?

P.S.
I can't wait for the first guy drafted by Oklahoma City, if you think Bayless looked depressed when we picked ooooh boy just wait and see the facial expression their first draftee is gonna produce on draft night. That will be one of the funniest moments in draft history, I'd bet my life on it.

MyFavMartin
07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
The Oklahoma City 2 Hours from Dallas

crunk-juice
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
i thought it was already the OKC Barons?

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Oklahoma City Cocker Spaniels

Trader Joe
07-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I really can't believe Oklahoma City actually has a team. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

JayRedd
07-08-2008, 06:07 PM
They should just trade for Barbosa and Sideshow and go with the Oklahoma City of God.

ABADays
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
The Oklahoma City "Holy Crap the NBA was actually dumb enough to send a team here see you in Las Vegas in five years" Stopgaps?

P.S.
I can't wait for the first guy drafted by Oklahoma City, if you think Bayless looked depressed when we picked ooooh boy just wait and see the facial expression their first draftee is gonna produce on draft night. That will be one of the funniest moments in draft history, I'd bet my life on it.

My guess is any player would be happy to be drafted by anyone to get into the NBA.

Trader Joe
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
My guess is any player would be happy to be drafted by anyone to get into the NBA.

ABA, Bayless looked truely horrified when he was drafted by the Pacers. These guys who are going top ten know someone will draft them so they are more interested in where they go.

MyFavMartin
07-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I really can't believe Oklahoma City actually has a team. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

yes and according to the city signs, louisville is the 16th largest city in the US and they don't have an NBA team.... can you believe that?

Louisville Proud Marys

Sollozzo
07-09-2008, 12:44 AM
yes and according to the city signs, louisville is the 16th largest city in the US and they don't have an NBA team.... can you believe that?

Louisville Proud Marys

Metro Population is all that matters when judging a size of an area, and Louisville is the 42nd largest metro area in the US (OKC is the 42nd).

The "city" of Louisville is bigger than Boston, Miami, and Atlanta. But all that counts is the city proper, and not the suburbs. Do those 3 cities feel far larger than Louisville when you are in them? Of course they do, because they are at the center of enormous metropolitan areas that dwarf Louisville. Suburbs contribute greatly to a city, and Louisville's number of suburbs can't hold a candle to those cities in which it's "city" pop beats.

This same post could be made for Indy. Indy brags that it's the 12th largest city in the US, but like Louisville it cheats and counts the entire county as it's population. It's metro pop is a distant 33rd. If Miami was like Indy and counted all of Dade county as it's population it would be over 2 million people (as opposed to 400,000). What I'm saying is, is that if all cities cheated like Indy and Louisville then Indy and Louisville would be waaaaaay down there in city populations.