PDA

View Full Version : duke dynamite's Blog, It's Here!

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Alright, I've been contemplating this for a while now, and I have come to the conclusion that I am going to make a (hopefully consistent) weekly video blog about the team and everything going on around it. I have a pretty decent webcam and hope to get another soon.

Please provide me in this thread any (reasonable) input of things you would like to see. If anyone wants to help out with this, let me know. I could always use witing contributors.

I will also be acceptong PMs with commentary from selected users each show to hope to provide my two cents or at least try to provide some. I planned this video blog to start no sooner than two weeks before the season starts.

I will also put up a poll on what the title should be.

Pig Nash
07-03-2008, 12:07 PM
tits of gtfo.

J/K.

Um that sounds good, I'll watch it.

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks!

The videos will be hosted on YouTube (I'll obviously embed them into a thread), and I already have an account, but I am going to create one specifically for the blog.

JayRedd
07-03-2008, 12:18 PM
"New Guy Weekly" would be ideal.

But other than that, "Pacers Weekly" would be very good.

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 12:26 PM
"New Guy Weekly" would be ideal.

But other than that, "Pacers Weekly" would be very good.
I'm not that new anymore...

But oh well.

^_^

Gyron
07-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Edited....

Or Inside Pacers Basketball works too.

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I would really like for everyone to refrain from using inappropriate titles here.

ABADays
07-03-2008, 01:46 PM
You might run into some issues with the Pacers organization. Technically, they own all the video and any name associated with Pacers. I don't think you could consider any game footage or interviews as public domain. At the very least I would run it past them. Might save you some grief down the road.

But, some suggestions (no matter how bad they may be)

Pacers - Full Court
Fastbreaks
Full Court Press
Full Court Focus
Inside the Blue and Gold
From the Arc

maragin
07-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Blue & Gold Weekly
Pacers Diary
Pacers Journal
DD's Pacers Journal
Super Amazing Pacers Web Show
Boom Baby Weekly doesn't work, because BBW will get some weird web searches.
Pacers Insider
Pacers Overtime

idioteque
07-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't know what to name it, but do it and I'll sure as hell watch.

317Kim
07-03-2008, 03:07 PM
This is a great idea. For the past 5 or so seasons, I've been making Pacers Books. I cut out newspaper articles and boxscores of each game and important info and paste them in a notebook.

I like Pacers Weekly.

2minutes twowa
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I vote for Inside Pacers Basketball. Don't do Pacers Weekly, cause if you happen to miss a week, people will call you a liar:D

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
You might run into some issues with the Pacers organization. Technically, they own all the video and any name associated with Pacers. I don't think you could consider any game footage or interviews as public domain. At the very least I would run it past them. Might save you some grief down the road.

But, some suggestions (no matter how bad they may be)

Pacers - Full Court
Fastbreaks
Full Court Press
Full Court Focus
Inside the Blue and Gold
From the Arc

Where does that put "Pacers Digest"?

GO!!!!!
07-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Bedford Fan

Bedford Insider

Unwired Pacers

Inside Indiana

Duke's Pacers

Dynamite Knowledge

Xplosiv Pacers

not sure something representing your town or user id would be good, for when you go NATIONAL !!

I really like the idea and am excited to see how it works,

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks. I renounce Bedford. Damon Bailey isn't enough to make this town awesome.

aero
07-03-2008, 11:18 PM
I will be a viewer for sure. look forward to checking it out.

Hicks
07-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Where does that put "Pacers Digest"?

I think they've always left me alone because I don't profit, or at least because I don't draw in any money at all.

duke dynamite
07-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I think they've always left me alone because I don't profit, or at least because I don't draw in any money at all.
That's good. Because I don't plan on collecting either.

I do plan on calling my ticket coordinator and will see if they can do anything (maybe put this up with Brunner's or IndyCornrow's blog).

Not really sure how far I'd get, but this is for the awesome people at PD primarily.

LG33
07-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Boom Goes the Duke Dynamite?

Pig Nash
07-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Boom Goes the Duke Dynamite?

THIS!

Cornrows
07-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I'll gladly link the vid for you once it's posted here.

I'd also suggest avoiding the use of 'Pacers' in the name. I was thinking something along the lines of Blue and Gold Truth but Boom Goes the Duke Dynamite is now my leader in the clubhouse.

duke dynamite
07-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I'll gladly link the vid for you once it's posted here.

I'd also suggest avoiding the use of 'Pacers' in the name. I was thinking something along the lines of Blue and Gold Truth but Boom Goes the Duke Dynamite is now my leader in the clubhouse.

Cornrows in the house!!!

Awesome!

I need to change the poll I guess.

Hicks
07-04-2008, 10:41 AM
THIS!

OT, but that avatar is amazing. :laugh:

duke dynamite
07-05-2008, 05:57 PM
*Bump

So most of you guys have voted for Pacers Weekly. Per the guidance of Cornrows, I am going to name the show:

Blue & Gold Weekly

Thanks for your votes, and I really hope everyone would like to help out with the show.

I am making a question of the week feature on the show, so PM me your questions closer to when the show starts!

Pig Nash
07-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Aw man, i was hoping for Boom Goes the Duke Dynamite.

duke dynamite
07-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Aw man, i was hoping for Boom Goes the Duke Dynamite.
That can be the title of my Rant segments if I ever have any...

Just for you.

Pig Nash
07-06-2008, 12:46 AM
HUZZAH! :happydanc

duke dynamite
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM
We are getting close, I just wanted to bump this up a little.

Anyone want to contribute to the first edition?

Also, I may change it to just a text-based blog and not a video blog. Until I start my new job I will not have enough money for a nice webcam.

The one on my laptop does well, and the software automatically posts it to YouTube, but I want one for my desktop as well.

It is still going to be called Blue and Gold Weekly.

***I asked Dun Dun at the Eagle Ranch party if he would like to answer a few questions for me before the games, he said he would most definitely like that. Eek! :)

LG33
09-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Still a fan of the Pacer recaP palindrome for the title, Dukie.

duke dynamite
09-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Still a fan of the Pacer recaP palindrome for the title, Dukie.

I was advised to not use the team's name in the title of my blog, but that is a good one.

duke dynamite
10-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Well, it has begun! I really hope you guys enjoy it.

I great big thanks to Indy Cornrows for getting me hooked up.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2008/10/10/632178/back-to-the-future

tde3000
10-10-2008, 03:39 AM
wasn't it supposed to be a VIDEO blog?

duke dynamite
10-10-2008, 04:08 AM
wasn't it supposed to be a VIDEO blog?

Read a few posts up.

I'm going to stick with just text until I start working at this new place. Until then video will be limited. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm working on waiting until I can afford a nicer webcam than just the one on my laptop.

Until then, I'll be doing text while adding my photos.

Raskolnikov
10-10-2008, 04:27 AM
Looking forward to it, duke.