PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Rush Being Courted

Pacers
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07022008/sports/nets/nets_go_a_courtin_118140.htm

Rush is apparently on a long list of free agents that the New Jersey Nets are looking at.

OnlyPacersLeft
07-02-2008, 08:11 PM
see ya kareem....

rexnom
07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Ok.

Shawne#4
07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
As cool as it would be to have brothers on the same team, Kareem would just be a bench warmer for Brandon.

Oneal07
07-02-2008, 09:09 PM
LOL. . .I thought you meant he's going to court

Smoothdave1
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Hope you didn't sign a 2 year lease, Kareem......... maybe Brandon can take it over for you?

rexnom
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM
As cool as it would be to have brothers on the same team, Kareem would just be a bench warmer for Brandon.
Just a weird mojo having brothers on the same team...especially with the younger one being better.

LoneGranger33
07-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Y'all are jerks.

NuffSaid
07-02-2008, 11:00 PM
It would be cool to have both brothers on the same team. Honestly, I was kinda hoping Toranto would have thrown in Joey Graham in the JO trade. But realistically, it's not going to happen especially since Brandon and Stephen are better than their respective siblings.

317Kim
07-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Aw. So much for the Rush Bros Duo.

I also thought this meant that Kareem was going to appear in court.

ChicagoPacer
07-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Can't say as I blame any team trying to pick up Rush. He's a plug and play kind of player who can fit well in the right role. Not a defensive juggernaut or mobile obviously, but a 15 pt/36 min guy who can shoot. He is much more valuable to a team that has a creator/penetrator where he can rely on a spot up J. We can debate how creative and effective Carter is these days, but he can draw doubles off penetration better than any of our guys. Best of luck to Kareem no matter where he ends up.

wintermute
07-02-2008, 11:36 PM
awkward time for brothers in the nba.

kareem possibly losing his roster spot to brandon.

pau gasol being traded for his brother marc, among other pieces.

on kareem though, he knew coming in that it would be a short term deal. remember that he asked for a one year deal precisely because he planned to parley that into a longer term contract.

MyFavMartin
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Can't say as I blame any team trying to pick up Rush. He's a plug and play kind of player who can fit well in the right role. Not a defensive juggernaut or mobile obviously, but a 15 pt/36 min guy who can shoot. He is much more valuable to a team that has a creator/penetrator where he can rely on a spot up J. We can debate how creative and effective Carter is these days, but he can draw doubles off penetration better than any of our guys. Best of luck to Kareem no matter where he ends up.

agreed. he could be a good guy off the bench like JJ who can shoot the outside shot and can be paired with a good penetrator, ala Carter, McGrady, DWade, Ben Gordon, etc.

MyFavMartin
07-02-2008, 11:42 PM
awkward time for brothers in the nba.

kareem possibly losing his roster spot to brandon.

pau gasol being traded for his brother marc, among other pieces.

on kareem though, he knew coming in that it would be a short term deal. remember that he asked for a one year deal precisely because he planned to parley that into a longer term contract.

I'm sure they all realize it's business.

CableKC
07-03-2008, 12:31 AM
I hope that he is able to sign a contract elsewhere. He's good enough to be a decent rotational SG.

robocop's cousin
07-03-2008, 02:13 AM
I seen Kareem getting a smoothie at Circle Centre Mall last season, he seems real

aero
07-03-2008, 05:12 AM
Kareem is pretty much done as a pacer it looks like.

Mourning
07-03-2008, 05:38 AM
Good for him, good for him. I actually liked having him this past year and he played better then I expected even hitting atleast one game-winner and several other games were he secured victory for us in the late fourth quarter.

I felt he had to go with Brandon beying drafted. I don't like to have brothers playing on the same team at all actually. I think it's a recipe for friction in the team and between themselves especially when they play the same position.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

JayRedd
07-03-2008, 06:41 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07022008/sports/nets/nets_go_a_courtin_118140.htm

Rush is apparently on a long list of free agents that the New Jersey Nets are looking at.

I imagine the Nets are interested in just about anyone they can get to take a 2-year deal.

count55
07-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I hope Kareem goes on to have a successful career, but I don't see a place for him here. He did well for us for the investment made, but I think we're in better shape now.

dgranger
07-03-2008, 09:34 AM
hey....i havent posted here in while.....i dont know why but...

So long Kareem the Dream...:censored:

Naptown_Seth
07-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Y'all are jerks.
I have to agree. KRush was fine, he put out the effort, had some runs of solid play and was without a doubt fairly or under paid. Weird for 2 brothers to be on the same team, maybe, but not if they're fine with it.

How about instead "congrats to KRush on a successful return to the NBA". If this was some Butler guard everyone would be gushing about how he managed to survive banishment to Europe and made it back into the NBA.

It's a good story. I get why the Pacers might not be in the market to pay him, though I wouldn't be shocked if they did at a reasonable level. Let's not hold KRush accountable for Bird's ridiculous hype last summer.

Young
07-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Kareem came in and did a good job for us. I appreciate what he did and will not complain if he is re-signed which doesn't look like will happen.

I can see the Lakers and Magic being good fits for him.

I wish Kareem nothing but the best for the rest of his career. I hope to see him do well.

rexnom
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm not complaining. I just think it's weird mojo to have two brothers on the same team.