PDA

View Full Version : TJ Ford interview on the trade

JBones19
07-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I didn't see this on here yet, forgive me if it is.

Pretty good 15 min interview about his role in Toronto and his thoughts on coming here-

http://www.tjfordlive.com/ford/index#

-J

duke dynamite
07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Nice. Good find.

Isaac
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
He was watching his words very carefully, but he clearly was upset that the media and fans wanted to see Calderon instead of him. He thought the media intentionally portrayed the image of him not being a team player to get the Calderon bandwagon moving and run him out of town.

Kid Minneapolis
07-02-2008, 07:04 PM
He's got a slick site.

joeshmoe
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
He thought the media intentionally portrayed the image of him not being a team player to get the Calderon bandwagon moving and run him out of town

WHAT????

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
It'll be interesting to see what number he chooses. He wears 11, and Jamaal is still here. I also like how in the interview, when the guy was talking about our depth at PG he conveniently left Jamaal out.

The Unknown
07-02-2008, 07:15 PM
He's got a slick site.

It is. There's some great videos there that show his great passing and athleticism that are really getting me pumped up to see him in blue and gold.

Hicks
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
If T.J. isn't just B.S.ing everyone, I liked what he said. He sounds thoughtful and considerate. And if you believe him, he wasn't miffed at not starting.

Hicks
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
It'll be interesting to see what number he chooses. He wears 11, and Jamaal is still here. I also like how in the interview, when the guy was talking about our depth at PG he conveniently left Jamaal out.

They didn't leave him out at all; they said up front we're expected to move him, and I think we'll buy him out unless we find a trade worth making. Tinsley won't be back.

duke dynamite
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/ford_pacers.jpg

I honestly thing whether or not Tinsley is still on the team I'd hope TJ would throw down on Tins to get #11.

Pacers
07-02-2008, 07:46 PM
WHAT????

I think (hope?) he was talking about the media in Toronto, not here.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-02-2008, 07:50 PM

I honestly thing whether or not Tinsley is still on the team I'd hope TJ would throw down on Tins to get #11.

Good work. I hope so too. I don't know if Jamaal would back down like that though.

duke dynamite
07-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Jamaal will come out of it with a black eye and broken sturnum.

Chester Rumble!!!

Thanks. BTW: That image is optimized for an avatar. PM me if anyone wants it.

OnlyPacersLeft
07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Jamaal will come out of it with a black eye and broken sturnum.

Chester Rumble!!!

Thanks. BTW: That image is optimized for an avatar. PM me if anyone wants it.

and TJ comes out with a broken neck...

avoidingtheclowns
07-02-2008, 08:28 PM
If T.J. isn't just B.S.ing everyone, I liked what he said. He sounds thoughtful and considerate. And if you believe him, he wasn't miffed at not starting.

watch the youtube presser below on TJ's site. he seems a little less easy going about not being a starter.

CompACE
07-02-2008, 08:34 PM
It sounded like he was gonna cry at the beginning of the interview :) I'm not against TJ Ford... It just sounded like he was about to start ballin.

duke dynamite
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
and TJ comes out with a broken neck...
Nah, Tinsley is too fat to catch him.

Oneal07
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
He was watching his words very carefully, but he clearly was upset that the media and fans wanted to see Calderon instead of him. He thought the media intentionally portrayed the image of him not being a team player to get the Calderon bandwagon moving and run him out of town.

In some way I agree. . . I was one of the people that wanted Calderon to get more minutes because TJ was playing reckless at times and forcing the issue too much. A lot of people here in Toronto lost trust in his game. And you can say the media used it against him. But I still think he's a quality pg and I'm glad he's on the Pacers. The main reason cause he dissects the defense and we got shooters wide open

joeshmoe
07-02-2008, 10:31 PM
He thought the media intentionally portrayed the image of him not being a team player to get the Calderon bandwagon moving and run him out of town.

In some way I agree. . .

In some ways you agree that.....something TJ said in that interview indicated that he was crazy enough to think that there was a vast media conspiracy to insight the fans into forcing ownership into trading him. I must have missed that.

MyFavMartin
07-02-2008, 10:38 PM

I would think Larry Bird walk in and hand Ford a jersey with his name on it and #11 and that would be the end of that.

And any number Tinsley may get, if he's even going to have one, will be after Roy, Brandon, McBob, and the cleaning lady choose.

count55
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I would think Larry Bird walk in and hand Ford a jersey with his name on it and #11 and that would be the end of that.

And any number Tinsley may get, if he's even going to have one, will be after Roy, Brandon, McBob, and the cleaning lady choose.

While that may happen, it's far more likely that, if (God Forbid) both guys were on the roster during training camp, that either Ford would get a different number, or he would, according to universally recognized tradition, have to "buy" the number from Jamaal. This practice has been in existence forever, and all players, great and mediocre, have honored it.

All that being said, Ford will wear #11 this season. I consider it more likely that I will be on the Pacers roster than Jamaal will...(and Hibbert would have to buy his number from me.)

BlueNGold
07-02-2008, 10:48 PM
A negative number would be most appropriate for Tinsley. As for Ford, I hope they give him Tinsley's number, locker and girl friend...

count55
07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
A negative number would be most appropriate for Tinsley. As for Ford, I hope they give him Tinsley's number, locker and girl friend...

To be honest, I'd prefer that TJ not touch anything that JT has "handled".