PDA

View Full Version : The Hits Just Keep on Comin' (Colts Injury)

D-BONE
07-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Hagler joins Harrison, Freeney, et al in the infirmary. Hope he can get back and contribute by early regular season. Sounds painful. Ouch.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080702/SPORTS03/807020415/1058/SPORTS03

McClintic Sphere
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Clint Session and Phillip Wheeler, your time is now.

duke dynamite
07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Poop.

Hoop
07-02-2008, 06:08 PM
That could be a season ending injury. I know when a weight lifter tears a peck it takes a real long time to heal. Guess it depends on if it's a complete or a partial tear.

D-BONE
07-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Clint Session and Phillip Wheeler, your time is now.

Amen to that. Session was intriguing in his extended PT last season. With a year under his belt I would guess him to be the front runner to start, at least opening the season.

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Rob Morris may be getting a phone call sooner than he thought...

McClintic Sphere
07-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Amen to that. Session was intriguing in his extended PT last season. With a year under his belt I would guess him to be the front runner to start, at least opening the season.

Session looks made for a cover 2 linebacker, kind of like a larger version of Bob Sanders. Thick, quick and nasty. Now if he can just learn the defense enough to play with some of Bob's instincts . . .

Rob Morris may be getting a phone call sooner than he thought...

Rob Morris and Booger McFarland are two guys who I'm sure would love to come back and play for the Colt's at a very low price, but could either of them pass a physical?

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Rob Morris and Booger McFarland are two guys who I'm sure would love to come back and play for the Colt's at a very low price, but could either of them pass a physical?

At this point, if they are healthier than our current injured players, we are in a better spot than we were.

Gamble1
07-07-2008, 04:58 PM

At this point, if they are healthier than our current injured players, we are in a better spot than we were.[/quote]

Say what?

To me both of those guys would get at least the vet minimal which is high for Morris's talent and reasonable for Boogy.

We have enough guys lined up to fill Haglers place until he recovers.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
But are these guys we have now experienced enough?

Gamble1
07-08-2008, 12:26 PM
But are these guys we have now experienced enough?

Only time will tell right. If you think about it dungy has been able to coach up linebackers in the past. Session is not a rookie and its not like Hagler was a second round pick with amazing ability like wheeler coming out of college. Correct me if I am wrong but Dungys defense is more predicated on the mlb brackett dropping back into coverage not the OLB. I know he uses variations of this but if Gary goes down then I will worry.

Early reports have Hagler out for maybe 2 months which is not so bad if it is true.

Outside linebacker Tyjuan Hagler is doubtful for Colts camp
By Tom James
Tribune-Star Correspondent

INDIANAPOLIS ó The Indianapolis Colts may be without one of their starting outside linebackers when training camp begins at Rose-Hulman on July 24.

Tyjuan Hagler, who has battled a variety of injuries since arriving in Indianapolis as a fifth-round draft choice in 2005, reportedly suffered a torn pectoral muscle while lifting weights last week.

According to an Internet report by NFL.com writer Adam Schefter, Hagler is expected to miss most ó if not all ó of training camp and could be sidelined for nearly two months.

The injury will probably keep the former University of Cincinnati standout on the sidelines for the teamís Sept. 9 regular-season home opener against the Chicago Bears. Team officials have yet to confirm or deny the injury or its possible ramifications.

Hagler started seven regular-season games a year ago and was in the starting lineup in the Coltsí home playoff loss to San Diego. He made four starts at weak-side linebacker, filling in for the injured Freddie Keiaho, before moving to take over for Rob Morris as the starter at strong-side linebacker.

The Kankakee, Ill., native had 54 total tackles and a quarterback sack last season.

The injury to Hagler could mean increased playing time for second-year outside linebacker Clint Session or rookie outside linebacker Philip Wheeler. Session, a fourth-round draft pick in 2007, started against the Chargers in the regular season and had 23 total tackles with two interceptions and a forced fumble last year.

Wheeler, the Coltsí third-round draft choice in April, can play all three linebacking positions. He saw work primarily as a backup to middle linebacker Gary Brackett during the teamís spring workouts and organized team activities. Second-year outside linebacker Victor Worsley, who was sidelined most of last year with an injury, may also be in the mix.

Hagler could end up being one of three Indianapolis defensive starters sitting out training camp, along with defensive end Dwight Freeney (foot) and strong safety Bob Sanders (shoulders). Freeney and Sanders underwent surgery but are expected to be available for the nationally televised Bears game at Lucas Oil Stadium.
<!-- icons -->

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 07:57 PM
What if they can't be coached up?

Gamble1
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
What if they can't be coached up?

Why don't you think they can't be. One already has experience and has proven himself in games.

Looking at the past draft picks at linebacker the colts are 7 out of 3 with producing starters. One out of those 3 bad apples was injuried and the other played as a defensive end.

By the way none of those picks were in the 2nd round like wheeler.

To answer your question there is always the free agent market if we are really that bad off but I highly doubt we will be.
Freddie Keiaho (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/21084.html)<O:p</O:p
Tyjuan Hagler (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/60937.html)<O:p</O:p
Gardner</ST1:p
whelsh<O:p</O:p
Pope<O:p</O:p
Whiteside<O:p</O:p
June<O:p</O:p
Thorton<O:p</O:p
Morris<O:p</O:p
Peterson<O:p</O:p