PDA

View Full Version : Ron On ESPN Chat room about 1:00 (2 Eastern)

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 01:30 PM
GO to ESPN NBA BOard

Welcome to ESPN.com's moderated chat room. On Monday, June 14, Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest will drop by to take your questions on the NBA Finals and much more.
Despite his team losing Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals to the Detroit Pistons, Artest is coming off a career year in which he appeared in his first NBA All-Star Game and was named NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Artest was third in the NBA in steals per game (2.08) and held his offensive targets to 8.1 points per game.

Artest rebounded from a 2002-03 season in which he was suspended for 12 games due to flagrant fouls and other indiscretions, to reach career highs this season in points per game (18.3), rebounds per game (5.3) and assists per game (3.7).

Artest won't be stopping by until 2 p.m. ET on Monday. Feel free to send some questions now and we'll save them until he arrives. Just type your name and question in the fields below and click "Post Message" to send it our way!

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 01:48 PM
hmmm , Okay maybe I am lost :(

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Lost? Just go to the Nba espn page. It's in the middle under "Sportsnation"

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Found it thanks Sauve :)

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Found it thanks Sauve :)

Yeah

And it looks like it's going to be 1:30 now.

Bball
06-14-2004, 01:56 PM
It says Artest won't be there until 1:30PM (EST) (2:30 EDT) now.

I wonder if he has a migraine? :idea:

-Bball

Stryder
06-14-2004, 02:01 PM

-Bball

He was just on the Dan Patrick show...

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 02:03 PM
hmmm making the rounds huh??

Next thing ya' know he'll be on Letterman.

able
06-14-2004, 02:07 PM

-Bball

what did they talk about ?

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 02:07 PM
hmmm making the rounds huh??

Next thing ya' know he'll be on Letterman.

That would be funny. I don't think he'd do well though...

Stryder
06-14-2004, 02:20 PM

-Bball

what did they talk about ?

Hmmm...let's see...

He was quite funny, for what part of the interview that I caught...

He predicted the Lakers would win in 7 games. Artest seemed to not want the Pistons to win at ALL....hehe

Was asked if the game was on the line, who would you not want to be guarding: Kobe, AI, or Lebron...Artest said he wouldn't want Kobe to have the ball at all....

Said Lebron played him the toughest this year...

If the game was on the line, he wouldn't want anyone else but Reggie to take the shot, except of course if Reggie was covered, then he could take the shot himself... :laugh:

Was asked if he ever wanted to fight Mike Tyson...said No, he has kids.

Was asked what the Lakers need to do to win, he replied something about giving the ball to Shaq about 90% of the time.

Was asked who was the biggest trashtalker. Artest immediately replied Paul Pierce, without a doubt. He said something to the effect of I could be guarding him and he had scored 0 points, and he still would be talking.

There was more, but I can't remember all of it...

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Chris (Royal Oak, MI): Hey Ron- Does it hurt less to see the team that beat you destroying the Lakers and know that you lost to the very best? Can't wait to see my Pistons battle your Pacers again next year.

Ron Artest: (2:39 PM ET ) It still hurts not to be playing right now, but we're definitely looking forward to playing against them next year.

Doesn't seem like a person who's worried about beign traded ;)

Stryder
06-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Chris Timmerman, Michigan: Do you think Al Harrington will be with the pacers next year?

Ron Artest: (2:49 PM ET ) I think Al will be a big time player ... hopefully he will be a big time player with the Pacers next year.

Hehe.

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 02:59 PM
And its over. Cell phone problems :unimpressed:

Why can't tom tolbert every have cell phone problems :unimpressed:

bulletproof
06-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Doesn't seem like a person who's worried about beign traded. ;)

Why would he be worried?