PDA

View Full Version : Make or break?

ABADays
07-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Aside from a few posters the general consensus seems to be TPTB did a great job in and around the draft. Now, here's the question. If Bird can get a deal done (dare I say any deal) for Tinsley how would that affect your thinking toward his capabilites to lead this organization?

Kraft
07-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Er, ask me in two years?

I'm sure we're all glad to see some movement. Lord knows that roster was stagnant. But I can't evaluate him completely. Any deal for Tinsley, though, would likely get a gold star.

Justin Tyme
07-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Any deal for Tinsley, though, would likely get a gold star.

Maybe 3 or 4 if he unloaded Williams as well in the same deal!;)

2minutes twowa
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
I like what Bird has done so far, but anyone can stir the pot. Whether he can add the right ingredients for a playoff contending team will be the true test. I would say the team has to have 2-3 years of steady improvement before we can start patting LB on the back.

Kraft
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
We'd be out of gold stars, and knuckleheads, if Daniels, Tinsley and Williams were gone with one swoop.

Arcadian
07-01-2008, 03:39 PM
When we become contenders I will say Bird has gone a pretty good job. The knock on Donnie was that he was content with almost winning a championship. I see no reason to change the criteria.

Anthem
07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Aside from a few posters the general consensus seems to be TPTB did a great job in and around the draft. Now, here's the question. If Bird can get a deal done (dare I say any deal) for Tinsley how would that affect your thinking toward his capabilites to lead this organization?
Any deal would be too vague for me to commit to.

Almost any deal, or anything that brings back value and doesn't kill us financially, and I'd say yes.

count55
07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Any deal would be too vague for me to commit to.

Almost any deal, or anything that brings back value and doesn't kill us financially, and I'd say yes.

I'd settle for "doesn't kill us financially." Any deal that brings back value for Jamaal should get Larry his own wing in the Front Office Hall of Fame.

duke dynamite
07-01-2008, 07:20 PM
I would think that at this point, any deal that could get Tinsley out of here will be a positive one in terms of re-aquiring a fan base.

Rajah Brown
07-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Did I miss something ? Have we played a game with this group ?

The jury is out on Mr. Bird and will remain so for quite awhile.

ABADays
07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Did I miss something ? Have we played a game with this group ?

The jury is out on Mr. Bird and will remain so for quite awhile.

Rajah

Freddie Lewis or JT?

Rajah Brown
07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
ABA-

You know what, I was never a really big Freddie Lewis fan. Not
sure why. Probably because he was my best bud's favorite Pacer
when we were youngsters so I had to keep him at a distance to
facilitate the typical ball-busting that goes on between guys.

I sure as hell loved those teams back then though and FL was as
big a part of them as anyone else was.

Lewis vs JT ? No question, Freddie all the way.

indygeezer
07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Don Buse or Billy Keller?

ABADays
07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Don Buse or Billy Keller?

Now that's a tough one. REALLY tough. Probably Buse 50.2% to Kellers 49.8%

Rajah Brown
07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Willie Wise or Zelmo Beatty ?

ABADays
07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Willie Wise or Zelmo Beatty ?

Zelmo will always win here for me remembering the epic battles with Mel. But Wise was definitely no slouch.

I think I hijacked my own thread.

Rajah Brown
07-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Just amusing myself w/ the Utah Stars reference ABA.
Epic battles indeed !

YoSoyIndy
07-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I like the moves he has made. Getting rid of Tinsley is an expectation, so my mind won't change when he's moved.

Bird will prove to be a solid team president. He's done a fantastic job since DW has left, and I'm sure it will continue.

Young
07-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Well I like the type of players Bird seems to be after.

The problem here is while he brought in some high characrter guys we didn't get rid of any troubled players and i'm mostly talking about Jamaal here.

If we get anyone or anything decent for Jamaal that would be great. Kind of doubt it though. He needs to be bought out though at least.

Shawne will probably be kept IMO. He doesn't have enough value to get us anyone good.

Marquis might be able to. His expiring contract would appeal to teams.

We can't judge Bird a week after he made some trades. The clock to judge him on has started with this off season. I won't be content if we are done. But I won't be upset if he doesn't manage to add a player like Shawn Marion either.

BlueNGold
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Bird has a clean slate right now IMO. It could be that two cooks in the kitchen were part of the problem...or maybe it finally took enough hard knocks for TPTB to start making the right decisions.

Anyway, he as two years to prove himself. If we make the playoffs this coming year, he gets an added extension. If we don't make the playoffs the next two years, heads will begin to roll.

Jose Slaughter
07-02-2008, 12:21 AM
ABA

As long as Tinsley in not on our roster when training camp starts, I don't care how they manage to remove him.

RWB
07-02-2008, 08:21 AM
ABA

As long as Tinsley in not on our roster when training camp starts, I don't care how they manage to remove him.

That's right, you were always a Sopranos fan. :devil:

Putnam
07-02-2008, 08:55 AM
That's right, you were always a Sopranos fan. :devil:

Or, perhaps, a Jeff Gilooly fan.