PDA

View Full Version : Tony Allen

Justin Tyme
07-01-2008, 09:58 AM
It was reported today by Hoopshype that Boston has allowed Tony Allen to become an unrestricted FA. I have always liked him as a player, and I remember watching that terrible injury occurr against the Pacers.

I know the Pacers roster is full, but I'd like to see the Pacers pick him up maybe in a S&T. I'm not sure that's posible. He'd be a nice addition as a SG, plus he can play PG. He'd make Diener expendable in a trade becoming the 3rd PG. IIRC, he plays good D. Any thoughts? Pro and con.

The Unknown
07-01-2008, 10:04 AM
A week ago, sure. Today? He's not needed.

Unclebuck
07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
He's a nice player who played extremely well before he suffered the horrible injury against the Pacers last season. He's mainly known for his defense, but showed he can really score also.

We really don't have the need for him though

JayRedd
07-01-2008, 10:15 AM
I always liked him a lot.

I've heard Bill Simmons and others criticize him a lot this year, however, which is a little disheartening. A team with as thin a back-court as Boston letting him go also doesn't bode well. But dude used to be pretty lock-down for a young guy pre-blowing out his knee.

Probably not worth it for us at this point though.

Justin Tyme
07-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I felt he might be worth having. I, personally, feel that there will be more players traded such as Quis, Williams, or maybe "another" SG where Allen would be a good pick up... depending on his new salary.

The other thing I liked was he has CHAMPIONSHIP experience. JMOAA