PDA

View Full Version : predictions

Steve
06-14-2004, 12:45 PM
I think all of the trade talk regarding Harrington is a smoke screen. I believe Artest is the one who will most likely be traded. he has the highest trade value. I think we will use him to make a play for McGrady.

I have also heard some rumors from people with decent connections that Artest was a bit of a disruption behind the scenes. I hope these rumors are wrong, but looking at it, it seems to make some sense with some of Artest's behavior around the play-offs.

I have heard that McGrady and Dampier have been to town for a visit.

I think we are in store for some major changes this off-season.

Unclebuck
06-14-2004, 12:52 PM
I have heard that McGrady and Dampier have been to town for a visit.

I think we are in store for some major changes this off-season.

If they have been in town for an official visit the Pacers organization is in big trouble. Of course they could always come on their own.

I don't foresee major changes

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm with you Buck. The closest would be if we got a really good deal for AH. That is about it. We have a great bench for a reason. They can move up if needed.

Hicks
06-14-2004, 01:01 PM
You know, McGrady is a decent defender himself, so if you're gonna give up Ron for a star....

Kegboy
06-14-2004, 01:11 PM
You know, McGrady is a decent defender himself...

I don't know, I remember a certain Christmas Game*...

*Warning- A "Christmas Game" mention has just been made. Be prepared to see this thread degenerate into an all-out flame war between the Sunshine Brigade and the Dark Side, centering on the virtues or lack thereof of one Jonathan Bender. Any children or posters with impressionable minds should leave this thread immediately. That is all.

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 01:17 PM
I agree that nothing major is going to happen. And trading Ron is major.

Of course, we can only speculate. But unnecessary trades can hurt this team.

Steveman
06-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Well, if we deal Al to Chicago for the #3 pick next week, then look out ;)

Listening to management, there just might be major changes.

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 02:12 PM
If Tmac and Dampier were in town , which I doubt because some news media hound woulda been reporting and accorinding to a Article I was reading today AL for the Number 3 isn't enough ..chicago wants more than AL for the #3

MagicRat
06-14-2004, 04:46 PM
I think all of the trade talk regarding Harrington is a smoke screen. I believe Artest is the one who will most likely be traded.

Well, Ron said in his chat that he hoped Al would be a big time player for the Pacers next year.....doubt if this is how he envisions it happening, though.

I have also heard some rumors from people with decent connections that Artest was a bit of a disruption behind the scenes.

Have you been PM'ing bulletproof again?......... :P

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 05:42 PM
I have also heard some rumors from people with decent connections that Artest was a bit of a disruption behind the scenes.

Have you been PM'ing bulletproof again?......... :P

Maybe it's bulletproof's alter ego :whoknows:

:P :P :P :P

Steve
06-14-2004, 06:20 PM
I am not trying to be coy...just respectful of the people I was talking with about the future of the team. I am not sure they would want certain details on a public forum.

At any rate we will see. I still expect some major change. I think Bird will push for a big change. If Artest was disruptive, I would expect Bird to trade him. He seems to have a very low tolerance for unprofessional behavior.

wintermute
06-14-2004, 11:53 PM
does trading al qualify as a major change? he's our top 6th man after all.

i do believe that pacers will - in fact, must - do something to strengthen the backcourt, whether via free agency, the draft, or (most likely imo) via trade.

i don't think center is a big issue, it seems our frontline is good enough.

Kegboy
06-15-2004, 01:05 AM
You know, McGrady is a decent defender himself...

I don't know, I remember a certain Christmas Game*...

*Warning- A "Christmas Game" mention has just been made. Be prepared to see this thread degenerate into an all-out flame war between the Sunshine Brigade and the Dark Side, centering on the virtues or lack thereof of one Jonathan Bender. Any children or posters with impressionable minds should leave this thread immediately. That is all.

Nobody took my Christmas game bait? You guys are no fun. :(