PDA

View Full Version : Brand is now Unrestricted

Hulk54
07-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Elton Brand is officially an unrestricted free agent. Let the deals begin!!

Anthem
07-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Tinsley/Foster/Shawne/pick in a sign-and-trade? Come on Clipperland, you know you wanna!

And then I woke up. Still, had to get that in.

Anthem
07-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Ok, I just keep thinking about how nice it would be to get Elton Brand in a Pacers uni.

What's he expected to fetch on the open market? Both in terms of dollars and in terms of what the Clips are likely to take back in a trade.

Just for kicks:

Rasho - Hibbert
Brand - Murphy
Granger - Graham
Dunleavy - Rush
Ford - Jack

That's a playoff team, right there. And yes I know the Clips wouldn't take back Tinsley. Still, I can dream.

dohman
07-01-2008, 01:01 AM
We can all wish. If we were able to land him we would be a mid 50 win a season team for sure. We would have 2 Big centers. A great SF and a very good back court.

please dont make me wake up!

Hicks
07-01-2008, 01:05 AM
I think he's headed to Miami, but you never know, seeing as how they have Marion and Beasley right now. Of course, a sign and trade takes care of that.

If they did a sign and trade with us, I'd offer Dunleavy and Foster.

Tyrion
07-01-2008, 01:07 AM
I would offer Danny and Foster if they would do a S&T with us, and that is likely the best they will be offered. Dunleavy and Shawne can play sf, and Dun, Rush, and Rush can split sg. That's a top 4 team in the east.

Aw Heck
07-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Yes, Anthem, unfortunately I think you're dreaming. But I'm dreaming right there with you.

I don't see any scenario in which Brand winds up here in Indy, outside of Brand demanding a trade here (keep dreaming).

If Brand still wants to be a movie producer, I would think he would like to remain in California, or at least a team on the west coast.

But if Bird ended up getting Brand without giving up too much, then I think he's frontrunner for Executive of the Year. (Keep dreaming...)

I think the main reason Brand is opting out is because he's 29. If he waited another year, he might not get a contract that is as long term as he'd like. Another reason he'd opt out is the off chance that he could escape the Clippers. But I think he's mainly looking for a long contract.

Isaac
07-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Ok, I just keep thinking about how nice it would be to get Elton Brand in a Pacers uni.

What's he expected to fetch on the open market? Both in terms of dollars and in terms of what the Clips are likely to take back in a trade.

Just for kicks:

Rasho - Hibbert
Brand - Murphy
Granger - Graham
Dunleavy - Rush
Ford - Jack

That's a playoff team, right there. And yes I know the Clips wouldn't take back Tinsley. Still, I can dream.

I honestly think that team would contend to go to the finals in the East. There is a lot of depth, defense and versatile scoring.

I would bet my house, car, bank account and job on the Pacers not getting Brand though.

However, I would be a quite happy bum if it happened.

Hulk54
07-01-2008, 01:40 AM
With Shaun Livington being released by
LAC and Corey Maggette probably leaving
town, this is what their team looks
like without those two and Brand.

Brevin Knight/Mobley
Eric Gordon
Al Thorton/ Tim Thomas
Josh Powell
Kaman

So, what do we have that will fit their needs?
They definitely need guard help, small
forward help badly, and post help. Well
that pretty much looks like everything.
They will be looking for something good
for Brand though. As much as we all
would LOVE to give them Tinsley and
Williams they may be looking for more
than that. I am really a fan of
Dunleavy and his consistency. But, is
this worth it?

Indiana Gets
-Elton Brand

L.A. Clippers Gets
-Mike Dunleavy
-Marquis Daniels

New line ups for both

Ford/Jack
B-Rush/Graham
Granger/Williams
Brand/Murphy
Hibbert/Foster/Rasho (any of these 3 to start)

Brevin Knight/Mobley
Eric Gordon/Daniels
Dunleavy/Tim Thomas
Josh Powell/Al Thorton
Kaman

I think this helps both teams.
They can worry about their Power Forward problem with whatever they
might get from Maggette.

duke dynamite
07-01-2008, 01:53 AM

Just for kicks:

Rasho - Hibbert
Brand - Murphy
Granger - Graham
Dunleavy - Rush
Ford - Jack

Wow, that is a playoff team.

Hulk54
07-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Here is one more.....

Indiana gets
-Elton Brand

LAC gets
-Dunleavy
-Foster

Line ups...

ford/jack
b-rush/graham
granger/williams
brand/murphy
hibbert/rasho

knight/mobley
eric gordon
dunleavy/tim thomas
foster/ al thorton
kaman/ josh powell

this probably helps them more and doesn't affect us too much. I would hate to see both Dun and Foster go, but this would make for a better team. You have to make those tough decision Bird.

duke dynamite
07-01-2008, 01:56 AM
With Shaun Livington being released by
LAC and Corey Maggette probably leaving
town, this is what their team looks
like without those two and Brand.

Brevin Knight/Mobley
Eric Gordon
Al Thorton/ Tim Thomas
Josh Powell
Kaman

So, what do we have that will fit their needs?
They definitely need guard help, small
forward help badly, and post help. Well
that pretty much looks like everything.
They will be looking for something good
for Brand though. As much as we all
would LOVE to give them Tinsley and
Williams they may be looking for more
than that. I am really a fan of
Dunleavy and his consistency. But, is
this worth it?

Indiana Gets
-Elton Brand

L.A. Clippers Gets
-Mike Dunleavy
-Marquis Daniels

New line ups for both

Ford/Jack
B-Rush/Graham
Granger/Williams
Brand/Murphy
Hibbert/Foster/Rasho (any of these 3 to start)

Brevin Knight/Mobley
Eric Gordon/Daniels
Dunleavy/Tim Thomas
Josh Powell/Al Thorton
Kaman

I think this helps both teams.
They can worry about their Power Forward problem with whatever they
might get from Maggette.

Larry Bird is not letting go of Dun Dun. Three reasons:

1. His contract is too big, even in Clippers' standards.
2. He will not play for his dad.
3. LB said he is not trading Mike.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-01-2008, 02:09 AM
They need a PG. Why not throw in Tinsley with Williams, Foster, and Marquis.

Hulk54
07-01-2008, 02:15 AM
They need a PG. Why not throw in Tinsley with Williams, Foster, and Marquis.
I am great with this. If LAC is.

Jose Slaughter
07-01-2008, 02:19 AM
How about this one.

Marquis Daniels -- 6,860,000
Jeff Foster ------ 6,175,000

thats 13,035,000

throw in a future #1 & do a sign & trade where Brand starts around 14, give or take.

I guess we could even add Williams, at just over 1.5 I think Larry could live without him.

The Clippers get a solid front court player, a guy that can play the 1, 2 & 3, major cap room next summer, plus a future #1.... in the mid to late 20's by my guess.

Brand gets to be the final piece to a very promising team as well as get the money he most likely wants.

Nesterovic - Hibbert
Brand - Murphy - Baston
Granger - Dunleavy
Rush - Graham
Ford - Jack - Diener

Pig Nash
07-01-2008, 02:25 AM
My crystal ball says, "Y'all are crazy."

Jose Slaughter
07-01-2008, 02:28 AM
I've seen your crystal..... & crazy is a compliment.

I've seen nuttier sign & trades happen than what have been suggested here.

Shade
07-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Foster, Dun, and a future #1 for Brand?

Sign me the F up.

Ford/Jack/Diener
Rush/Quis/Graham
Granger/Williams
Brand/Murphy/Baston
Nester/Hibbert

tora tora
07-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Foster would need to stick around for anyone to take them seriously as "dangerous" in the playoffs.

Pig Nash
07-01-2008, 02:47 AM
I've seen nuttier sign and trades too, but Brand would probably resign with LAC if he got the right offer so it's not like a Peja situation or anything.

Pacemaker
07-01-2008, 03:50 AM
I am great with this. If LAC is.

Lets do this NOW !!!!!!!!! ASAP !!!!!!!!!!

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-01-2008, 03:58 AM
Well, all 4 of those players salaries comes out to $21,357,960. Elton Brand was scheduled to make 16,440,000 if he didn't opt out. He did and he's looking for a raise. If the Clips re sign him around the 19-20 Mil, we might have a deal.

TheSauceMaster
07-01-2008, 05:26 AM
3. LB said he is not trading Mike.

Yeah , obviously Larry Bird would never lie. :rolleyes:

I'd bet if the right trade came along ,Larry Bird would ship Dunleavy off in a heartbeat. :devil: It would have to be a very good deal though. :laugh:

You can probably relax though cause I don't see us getting Brand. All the reports I have seen so far say Brand wants to resign with the Clippers.

Rajah Brown
07-01-2008, 06:38 AM
It'd be great to have Brand. But I wouldn't pay him $20 mil per.

rexnom
07-01-2008, 06:48 AM
It'd be great to have Brand. But I wouldn't pay him $20 mil per.
Yeah...let's not be suckered into like a 6 year 20mil per deal with Brand. How good is it going to look to be paying Brand 16mil in 4 years when he's 33?

wintermute
07-01-2008, 07:06 AM
if i'm miami, i'd go for broke a la boston:

beasley + whatever filler (blount, haslem, banks, wright, cook)

for

brand (s&t) and kaman

that would be a heck of a starting lineup for the heat : kaman-brand-marion-wade-whoever (probably chalmers)

for the clippers, they're set up nicely for a rebuild in 2 years, featuring beasley, thornton, gordon plus star free agent in 2010

MillerTime
07-01-2008, 08:11 AM
we would have to send Dunleavy, his father would love to coach him. Something like:
Daniels, Diener (they need a backup PG and they probably dont take Tinsley), Foster, and Dunleavy

Ford
Granger
Williams
Brand
Murphy

Will Galen
07-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Dreamers!

MillerTime
07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Dreamers!

i know what you mean. We're not going to get him, we have no cap space to sign a free agent of that calibre

DGPR
07-01-2008, 08:30 AM
I heard a rumor that Elton Brand is wanting a S&T with the Pacers involved.

I started that rumor.

Justin Tyme
07-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah...let's not be suckered into like a 6 year 20mil per deal with Brand. How good is it going to look to be paying Brand 16mil in 4 years when he's 33?

Agreed!

As Will said DREAMERS. The Pacers just got rid of a broken down overpaid ex-Allstar at 44 mil, so why on earth do the Simons want to spend even more in salary... 75-100 mil?

Brand just opted out of 16 mil contract, so why would he do a sign and trade, as someone suggested, of Williams and Foster who's salary is 7 mil? He's looking for a long contract somewhere in the range he just opted out of.

Not one poster has even taken into consideration or mentioned that Brand is coming off a season long injury, but want to mortgage the franchise that Brand will be fine. Again, why would the Simons be willing to take the chance? They are the ones paying the $money$.

If the Pacers wouldn't trade for Cory Maggette 2 years ago due to concerns of health issues, who was at a very reasonable salary, why are they going to trade for Brand with the type salary he will demand?

Reality folks reality! It's not even in the ball park of ever happening. Sorry to deflate your dreams/fantasies.

Mourning
07-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I think he's headed to Miami, but you never know, seeing as how they have Marion and Beasley right now. Of course, a sign and trade takes care of that.

If they did a sign and trade with us, I'd offer Dunleavy and Foster.

And don't forget he signed a contract offer from Miami last time around when the Clippers decided to match it, so it's not strange to expect Riles to make a second try and having success this time.

Anyway, would LOVE to have Brand in a Pacers uniform! It's also very unlikely, alas though.

Anthem
07-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Yes, Anthem, unfortunately I think you're dreaming. But I'm dreaming right there with you.
Yeah, I woke up this morning and felt stupid. No way the clips deal brand to us.

Nice dream, though.

wjs
07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
We almost certainly don't get Brand, but should make a cheap offer (Foster/Shawne/Marquis/whatever + next year's 1st if they also take Tinsley, with a S & T at ~ $72 mm for 4 years). I'd like to keep Dun and Granger, and not overpay.

How is Brand's health?

Brand aside, what's interesting is what a nice team this might be, as early as next season, if Larry can pick up a decent PF. (Brand, Gooden, Villanueva ... ) by trading some of our spare pieces.

MyFavMartin
07-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I heard a rumor that Elton Brand is wanting a S&T with the Pacers involved.

Actually it was on CNNSI yesterday, which stated a 3 way w/ Marion coming to Indy and us sending them Mikey?

Think LA would want the expiring Rasho and possibly Williams along with a 1st rounder... Might swap Mobley for Tinsley and cash...

Indra
07-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Actually it was on CNNSI yesterday, which stated a 3 way w/ Marion coming to Indy and us sending them Mikey?

Think LA would want the expiring Rasho and possibly Williams along with a 1st rounder... Might swap Mobley for Tinsley and cash...

I would take Marion as well. If there's a way we could trade around some of our extra guys, some cash, and maybe a future pick for either Marion or Brand, I'm all for it.

CapnBruisin
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM

This would be so unbeleivable it would made my head explode if it actually happened, but damn I would be excited once I gathered all the bits back together.

MyFavMartin
07-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I would take Marion as well. If there's a way we could trade around some of our extra guys, some cash, and maybe a future pick for either Marion or Brand, I'm all for it.

Maybe we could send Tinsley to Miami and take on Banks? Same length of contract but smaller....

Not sure how the team would perform in the playoffs with Marion at PF.

Would love to see Brand in a Pacers uni and would have to send out a deal similar to what Boston sent Minny, including 2 first rounders as well as Dunleavey and some combination of Daniels, Williams, Rasho, Tinsley, Diener, Baston, or Foster.

Who are FAs next summer that LA would want to make a run at?

duke dynamite
07-01-2008, 11:18 AM
we would have to send Dunleavy, his father would love to coach him.
There have been many articles, including while he was with Golden State that playing for his father would never work. Sr. said it would be nice, but he also stated that it would not be good for the team. I'll try and dig that up...

Link?

MyFavMartin
07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Link?

I saw it on CNNSI's FanNation or ESPN, but I can't find it now. It was just a draft night rumor.

It's interesting that TJ Ford was almost sent to Charlotte. Guess this means the great, omnipotent Larry Brown has just validated Indy's trade for Ford...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba?page=6

LA Clippers making a push for Udrih. Sac will need a PG. Chicago has Hinrich and a lot of spare parts and can see them being an active trader this summer.

duke dynamite
07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks, iPacer.

McKeyFan
07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
If the Pacers wouldn't trade for Cory Maggette 2 years ago due to concerns of health issues, who was at a very reasonable salary, why are they going to trade for Brand with the type salary he will demand?

Um . . . cuz Donnie's not here anymore?