PDA

View Full Version : kobe pulls a rasheed

t-Bone
06-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Bryant, coming off a miserable game, making eight of 25 shots with two assists, honored his media commitments and then made his way to the team bus. He stopped for one more question: Why should anyone think the Lakers can keep this thing going the way this series has unfolded?

"I'm telling you right now," Bryant said. "We'll win Tuesday."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers14jun14,1,1081110.column?coll=la-home-headlines

guarentees are coming pretty cheap now a days, i guarentee i'll watch the game tomorrow, i guarentee i'll be pulling for detroit, what else can we guarentee :laugh:

Snickers
06-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I guarantee Kobe will shoot a lot. And miss a lot too.

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Kobe is not rasheed, he lacks the meaness to back it up. Oh he'll try. Just like he did in the last 4 minutes last night, and the Pistons will win by 20.

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 01:21 PM
When Rasheed made that guarantee, I knew Detroit would play well.

But Detroit has completely outplayed the Lakers. Sorry, they don't win.

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 01:24 PM

"They" which "they" don't win??????

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 01:27 PM

"They" which "they" don't win??????

Lakers, of course. Lakers have been outplayed. Out hustled. And out willed. Kobe can't back his words by himself. This is a team game, and other than Shaq and Kobe, no one else has come to play.

Steveman
06-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Funny, but all of the sudden I feel that not only will the Lakers win tuesday, but go on to win the title? Be honest now, would you be shocked if that actually happened?

Snickers
06-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Funny, but all of the sudden I feel that not only will the Lakers win tuesday, but go on to win the title? Be honest now, would you be shocked if that actually happened?

:banned:

Blasphemy!! Let us bask in the glory of Laker defeat!!

Sad thing is, the Lakers so lucky that it could actually happen. :blush:

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 01:47 PM

Normally I would be feeling taht way, since they ARE the luckiest damn team in the world.

BUT, they are just outclassed this time. It is over for them.

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Well seeing how the Home team has never won the middle 3 it could be possiable and I don't think detriot has played what I would call a terriable game yet , so maybe there due ;)

MagicRat
06-14-2004, 02:04 PM

There's that pessimism we know and love.......... :devil: :P

Suaveness
06-14-2004, 02:09 PM

There's that pessimism we know and love.......... :devil: :P

:laugh: I'll take pessimism for the Lakers ANY day of the week.

sweabs
06-14-2004, 04:44 PM
The weird thing is...if Lakers win Game 5...they have homecourt advantage :o

Kstat
06-14-2004, 04:47 PM
The weird thing is...if Lakers win Game 5...they have homecourt advantage :o

Yeah...because we all saw how much difficulty the Pistns had playing in LA................ :rolleyes:

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Big dif between sheed and Kobe. sheed said it and his teamates rose up to cover his back. I don't think kobe should turn his back to his teamates...they might druther stick something in it.

DisplacedKnick
06-14-2004, 04:52 PM
I thought the Lakers had their shot last night.

They've played hard two games in the series. One they won on a last second shot when the Pistons did some dumb things down the stretch. The other was last night.

Shaq had a monster game last night on 2 days' rest. And he played 47 minutes. Anyone think he can have anything like that tomorrow?

BTW - props to him. I haven't seen him that active on offense in years. Too bad he's too slow to effectively defend any more.

If Detroit keeps their focus and intensity tomorrow, they win. That's how I see it anyway.

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 04:55 PM
That's the Kicker when Shaq get's Rest he can play his *** off , Shaq may have lost a few steps , but he ain't lost too many IMHO

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 05:01 PM

They've played hard two games in the series. One they won on a last second shot when the Pistons did some dumb things down the stretch. The other was last night.

Shaq had a monster game last night on 2 days' rest. And he played 47 minutes. Anyone think he can have anything like that tomorrow?

BTW - props to him. I haven't seen him that active on offense in years. Too bad he's too slow to effectively defend any more.

If Detroit keeps their focus and intensity tomorrow, they win. That's how I see it anyway.

I thought it was VERY obvious last night that the OT loss had taught the Pistons a very valuble lesson. They did everything right to protect their lead last night. That is one of my knocks against the Pacers. They don't seem to remember these lessons. (Portland and SA come to mind...DUNK THE DAMN BALL REGGIE!! DUNK THE DAMN BALL!!! [size=9] I knew it, dammit, I just F8* knew it![\size])

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 05:02 PM

I thought it was VERY obvious last night that the OT loss had taught the Pistons a very valuble lesson. They did everything right to protect their lead last night. That is one of my knocks against the Pacers. They don't seem to remember these lessons. (Portland and SA come to mind...DUNK THE DAMN BALL REGGIE!! DUNK THE DAMN BALL!!! I knew it, dammit, I just F* knew it!!!

naptownmenace
06-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Another thing to that seperates Kobe from Sheed is that Sheed's teammates acually like him and are willing to rally behind him.

Kobe, on the other hand, isn't in the same situation.