PDA

View Full Version : The Brandon Rush Highlight Thread

naptownmenace
06-30-2008, 06:16 PM
If you've never seen him play, you'll be surprised by how good he is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ad4JPI1lBE4&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ad4JPI1lBE4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm not sure why people say he can't create his own shot?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-_LwpNq_p8&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-_LwpNq_p8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great D!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kkhc9hsn3sA&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kkhc9hsn3sA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CompACE
06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Dang... he's a good passer - something we need if JOB plans on going up tempo.

andreialta
06-30-2008, 06:51 PM
i agree^^^^^.. and i like ure Manny Pacquiao picture

mrknowname
06-30-2008, 08:46 PM
i agree^^^^^.. and i like ure Manny Pacquiao picture

pacquiao is a beast. my favorite boxer right now

back to rush: can't wait to see him playing with granger. i think he'll be starting sooner than later

Naptown_Seth
06-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Rush does EVERYTHING. None of it is at all-star level, but he's pretty well rounded as a player.

Not a great dribbler, but pretty good scoring off the dribble (see the KY highlights early on for example). Solid hops for a SG too. Nice 3 ball, great help defense/ball deflections, solid passer, smart defender.

Look at the 3 minute mark of the KY reel (2nd clip). He throws a hard fake pass to get space for the pass to the cutter, pulls his defender to the left as well. Makes the defender pay by dribbling right and further expanding space to the cutter. Makes a brilliant pass to him in traffic for the score. This is your SHOOTING guard doing this.

His pass fake is a super hard two-handed style which is why they bite it so hard. His pass is from the waist off his dribble which catches them before they see it coming. So he's not just smart, he puts quality skills to use with those smarts. He's just a good athlete, not a freak, but like Kevin Love he plays a damn smart game.

Clip 3 - he not only trails the steal aggressively enough to have a shot at it, but he times it well and shows the hops. But then he sticks with the play from the weakside and makes a JO-like help defense block well above the rim. As I said in another thread, when did Reggie Miller ever do that? This kid is 100% not the next Reggie, he'll never shoot like that and probably won't be Mr. Big Time. But he's bringing a lot of good game to Indy.

imawhat
06-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I think Brandon is going to be much better than people are projecting. I had a mancrush on both Rush and Love, and overall I'm glad we got one of them.

The thing that blows me away is that he admits to having little coaching before college. I CANNOT believe his progression in such a short time. He has smarts that most players in the NBA who have been coached since grade school don't have.

I know we had the Daniels=McKey thread, but I think we should start a Rush=McKey thread. Their games aren't extremely similar, but Rush seems to always make the right play at the right time, just like Derrick.

I always got the impression that Kansas looked to him when they needed a play, which shows signs of leadership. So he may not be a go-to guy in the true sense, but he will be making the play.

Hicks
06-30-2008, 11:31 PM
What I don't understand is why the critique on him is he won't get much better. He shoots very well, he plays at least "good" defense, he can pass well, he's reasonably atheletic, he rebounds well, has a high bball IQ, and a good attitude. How the hell could he NOT be a very good player in the future? It sounds to me like the same deal as Danny Granger vs. Gerald Green. In the end, people saying Green was better were inadvertently saying he might some day be what Danny already was in the skill department. But since he was Mr. Athelete he got a lot of people riding his jock.

If you aren't very skilled and have a low ceiling, that's one thing. But knocking a guy (Hibbert comes into play a bit, too) who already possesses a multitude of skills for not having a long way to climb is just silly to me. THEY ALREADY BRING A LOT TO THE TABLE. OF COURSE they're not as likely to skyrocket in ability. They already HAVE a lot of ability!

CompACE
07-01-2008, 12:32 AM
He reminds me of Paul Pierce - Not saying he'll ever be that good, but he has the same qualities.

Anthem
07-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Ok, so the first highlight reel didn't do anything for me at all until the last few seconds... mostly it was showing that he's able to finish in transition. That's good, but I get the point after a couple times. His passing, though, really impressed me. The lobs were great... we haven't had somebody that could really do that on this team. I look forward to seeing he and Granger on the floor together.

The second montage was much better, although it lost direction halfway through. But at least it showed skills other than open 3s and transition dunks.

Since Reggie has retired, I've been saying that my top wish for this team was a real shooting guard, not a 3 or a 1. Looks like I finally got my wish. I forget who said it, but I see the Allen Houston thing. He's far more Houston than Reggie.

andreialta
07-01-2008, 02:05 AM
I like rush, but taking the starting spot away from Mike Dunleavy with this team will be hard. Job, LB, and the Pacers staff got rid of JO therefore stabilizing our CORE now. The SG and SF tandem of Mike and Danny. Brandon will be good off the bench, i think better than Marquis at SG. Really liked Rush last year but cuz of injuries he had to sit out, i think it's meant to be!!

Watching March Madness when Brandon was playing, at the same time the Pacers were playing, made me wonder if only we had Brandon instead of Kareem..

but now we got both.. i think Kareem might not be signed. but we'll see with the deals to come. or atleast to finalize

2minutes twowa
07-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Can't wait to see Ford pushing the ball on a fastbreak with Rush and Granger on the wings!

The Unknown
07-01-2008, 09:35 AM
If he impresses enough as a rookie, I expect he'll be our starting SG in 09-10, with Dunleavy either off the bench or moved elsewhere. Between he, Granger, Jack's size, and Ford's quickness, we now officially have perimeter defense again.

rock747
07-01-2008, 11:59 AM
He reminds me of Paul Pierce - Not saying he'll ever be that good, but he has the same qualities.

I agree very similar qualities.

naptownmenace
07-01-2008, 12:44 PM

I made that same comparison the day after the draft. They come from a similar system are are around the same size and have a lot of the same style.

denyfizle
07-01-2008, 03:50 PM
pacquiao is a beast. my favorite boxer right now

back to rush: can't wait to see him playing with granger. i think he'll be starting sooner than later

i posted something about Pacquiao here some 4 years back. i always felt he was something special, but i never thought he'd be this good. the best fighter P4P.

i hope the same thing happens with BRush.