PDA

View Full Version : Rod Strickland?

blanket
06-14-2004, 12:04 PM
It looked like a Magic alumni meeting in Chicago, the NBA's version of the NFL's winter meetings. Looking for their next gigs: former GM John Gabriel, ex-assistant coaches Paul Pressey and Mark Hughes, and former players Sam Vincent, Monty Williams and Rod Strickland. Vincent and Williams will talk to the Magic, who are in need of three assistant coaches. Williams helped coach the Chicago camp. Strickland wants to be a scout if he ends up retiring. The Pacers have interest.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-sptschmitz14061404jun14,1,7202250.column?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Unclebuck
06-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Interesting. Where is the connection

Young
06-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Interesting. Where is the connection

Well rumor was two summers ago that Rod was going to play for Indiana but Indy got Erick Strickland instead.

I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, it was just a rumor but I remember it.

Slick Pinkham
06-14-2004, 12:56 PM
I thought in the past that the interest was purely Isiah's and that Rod liked Isiah and thought he could fit in.

I don't believe that "defense" and "Rod Strickland" are related in any way at this point in his career so I don't see the rationale, other than as a 3rd-string guy or AJ replacement should he get traded or claimed.

oops...

:blush:

If it's a SCOUTING job he's after, what's the harm in that?

indygeezer
06-14-2004, 12:58 PM
NO, the connection is as a Scout for the Pacers.