PDA

View Full Version : "Foster knows best" Q&A with Jeff

Unclebuck
06-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Enjoyable read. (and to think some of you thought in the summer the only thing he did was stumble around Noblesville drunk)

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/ad_foster_080628.html

Ignite the Passion. Restore the Pride.
Foster Knows Best

What do you like to do in your spare time?
When I have time, I love to read WWII history books. I just started Human Smoke. It’s an excerpt of quotes and stuff from the 30s and 40s. My wife and I had twins recently, so it’s been hard to read a book.

You have twins?
A boy and a girl. They just turned two years old.

You must be a busy dad.
Now I am! During the season, my wife is a miracle worker. I don’t know how she does it because we’re gone so much.

Does fatherhood change your focus as a player?
People would probably say I’m a lot calmer. I’m still a little hyper and excitable, but it puts things into perspective, you know what you want to do with the rest of your life and what you need to accomplish and what everything really means.

What about as a person?
Of course. I just sold my dream sports car and bought a minivan.

If you’re not reading history books, you’re…?
Hanging out with the kids. I’m just looking forward to playing with them and enjoying slides and swing sets and coloring and everything every little two-year-old likes to do. It’s just fun watching them soak everything up and taking in life as it comes to them.

What makes you impatient?
Everything! The scary thing is I can see it in my son, he’s worse than me already! I’m like, “Oh my gosh, here we go.” It was probably a fault I had as a kid, and I don’t know if every kid has it.

Growing up, did you play other sports?
I played every sport: soccer, baseball, basketball, football, and a little golf and tennis. My parents always just said, “Keep him sweaty, he’ll stay out of trouble.” I was sweaty all the time. I’m going to try it with my kids.

What motivates you?
Well, now obviously, just to do whatever I can do to make the best life possible for my kids and educate them to the highest degree they can be educated and support them in whatever they want to do. And mold them in my image. Just kidding!

rexnom
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Love him! There's NOOOO way the Pacers are trading Foster. I'd put him right beneath Granger and the untouchable chart.

Lord Helmet
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Nice read.

Don't trade Jeff.

ABADays
06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
The only way I would ever trade Jeff is to try to get him to San Antonio for his last few years. I think there is always a place for a Jeff Foster type.

Arcadian
06-30-2008, 04:31 PM
He is a good guy.

The question I came away with though was: Why did he have to sell his sports car to get a mini-van?

Gyron
06-30-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm guessing that was a wife thing. Saftey maybe?

DGPR
06-30-2008, 04:56 PM
He couldn't afford the sports car and the mini-van? :bs:

CableKC
06-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Is it even possible for Foster to be "more calmer"?

CableKC
06-30-2008, 05:04 PM
He is a good guy.

The question I came away with though was: Why did he have to sell his sports car to get a mini-van?
That's what every father does. I did it when I had my 1st son and found it very helpful. It was a safety thing for me.....remember....the bigger car always wins in a car accident ;)