PDA

View Full Version : PF = Josh Smith

Pointz
06-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't post on here much but the events of the past week have me pretty excited about the P's future. With some of our recent trades we have decent options when it comes to acquiring some impact players and with Obie's offense and some of the rumblings around the league what are the opinions of us trying to acquire Josh Smith? He is young, athletic, and could provide a defensive presence for us. He could excel in Obie's system and I haven't heard much about his attitude since he was rookie. Thoughts? Opinions?

P.S. I am a big time Arizona Wildcat fan and the draft fell on my birthday so the Bayless pick was amazing for me personally but it was the right move for THIS team and its makeup. My Uncle is a professor at U of A and said that there were grumblings about Bayless' attitude and team play.

Shade
06-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I would LOVE to have Josh Smith here, but I really don't see what we could offer Atlanta for him.

Trader Joe
06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Smith would be perfect unfortunately he's probably going to soon become overpaid and I'm not sure there is anything to really give ATL for him. He's definetely part of their long term plans.

rexnom
06-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Also, Smith has some attitude problems. He's not worth it IMO.

croz24
06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
smith does what he wants. he has no sense of structure or discipline. no thanks.

Pointz
06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Interesting reads about Smith. I don't follow him much but caught some highlights and stats off ESPN so my opinion is kinda green. I posted this after reading an article on the FA market being weak and nobody wanting to shell out big $$$ due to the 2010 FA class.

Justin Tyme
06-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Also, Smith has some attitude problems. He's not worth it IMO.

You beat me to the punch.

Last season on a Hawks board there was a lot of rumblings about his attitude and selfishness.

Plus I want a DD type PF that is a better scorer than DD was.

JHcutt18
06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Smith would be perfect unfortunately he's probably going to soon become overpaid and I'm not sure there is anything to really give ATL for him. He's definetely part of their long term plans.

Actually, Josh Smith is a RFA and Atlanta is not wanting to pay what he wants, around $11mil per year. I am sure his attitude "problems" are making ATL not want to invest so much money in him. I would love him in a Pacers uniform though, probably the most athletic player in the NBA aside from Lebron.

Anthem
06-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Actually, Josh Smith is a RFA and Atlanta is not wanting to pay what he wants, around $11mil per year. I am sure his attitude "problems" are making ATL not want to invest so much money in him. I would love him in a Pacers uniform though, probably the most athletic player in the NBA aside from Lebron.
Not at 11mil/year.

If that's what we wanted, we could have traded with New York and gotten back Zach Randolph.

Trader Joe
06-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Someone will pay him 11 mill/year. Which will make him overpaid.