PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo - It's a new era!

Tyrion
06-28-2008, 07:09 PM
For Uncle Buck and some of the rest of you asking a year ago about long time Pacer fans who would actually leave because of all the crap that has gone on and what would bring us back...this is it. I was going to wait until Tinsley was actually gone to post this, but I'm just too freaking excited about coming back to Pacer games.

I have been a fan all my life, and even after the brawl I was a fan. However, the front office's unwillingness to deal with the embarrassment that our franchise had become led me to decide to stop supporting them by going to games, and really the brand of basketball coupled with the fact that they are only on FSN has led me to nearly stop watching. Well, I am coming back now. I won't rehash why I have hated watching JO, Tinsley, and Stephen Jackson (I did love Artest, but that's another issue). All of that doesn't matter. I have no idea if Bird is going to be a good GM long term, but I do know that he is DEFINITELY the right person for right now, because he is willing to clean up the mess.

As far as the individual players we got, I have been wanting the Pacers to do whatever it took to get Ford to be our starting PG for the last several years. I'm as giddy as a school girl. I just can't believe we were so fortunate to get him, and I think that everyone is going to love him as soon as they see what he will do for us on the floor. It's funny to me that some of you on here for the last 6 years have been complaining that we need a PG quick enough to keep people in front of him on defense...well, now we have the quickest pg in the league and people are complaining that he will get posted up by bigger pgs! Crazy. Our defense is going to go from the worst in the league to really, really good (not the best in the league but very good).

I can't wait for the season to start and to get back to Conseco! :dance:

Ty (formerly recap from the first days of Pacers Digest)

BoomBaby31
06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
I agree with everything you typed. People don't realize how hard it is to clean up a mess, the front office has done the best they can and got back the best they could get. A number of organizations would have just panicked and starting trading away stars, just to move on, we waited and got good potential and on top of that we are young. If Rush blooms and T.J stays healthy.. We could have our 1,2,3 (granger) positions locked up for 5+years and that isn't even scratching these young guys ages. I liked JO and he did alot of things for the organization and the community, but it's time to move on. He is going to a fine place up in Toronto its not like we sent him to the grizzilies. I have complete faith in Bird, I mean in my view he did an excellent job so far. Now lets get a 4 and go deep in the playoffs next year.