PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of Harrington Kinda sucks now

bigrichard82
06-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Not saying that he was the savior, but it would be nice to have him at PF with JO gone. We probably wouldnt be in this position if he was still a Pacer though. He would be a decent 4 in this offense. Oh well, at least we wont give another 1st round pick for him. Anyway, does anyone wish he was still here?

Infinite MAN_force
06-28-2008, 01:41 AM
He would be a good 4 in theory. His offense would be a good fit.

I don't know about his lack of passing, rebounding, and bad attitude though...

MyFavMartin
06-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Anyway, does anyone wish he was still here?

No.

I want team players.

Nuff said.

bigrichard82
06-28-2008, 01:47 AM
No.

I want team players.

Nuff said.

at this point in his career, al will have to realize he will never be the man. I think GS is a humbling situation and coming back here would be ideal for him. I know it wont happen, but without JO he is a great fit.

jeffg-body
06-28-2008, 01:47 AM
No, I think of him as being too I and me type of guy, not the team player we need. I am chanting for Marion

JHcutt18
06-28-2008, 01:50 AM
No, I think of him as being too I and me type of guy, not the team player we need. I am chanting for Marion

So you don't want a "me" guy like Harrington, you want a team player like.......Marion? That makes no sense.

avoidingtheclowns
06-28-2008, 01:57 AM
will the warriors take murphy back? then sure i'll take al.

(d_c, i know, you don't have to lecture. i know it won't be happening... actually i haven't seen d_c lately. still alive?)

Mourning
06-28-2008, 01:58 AM
at this point in his career, al will have to realize he will never be the man. I think GS is a humbling situation and coming back here would be ideal for him.

That's hoping he will think that way, but history does suggest otherwise and I think that far in your career you are not likely to make such a mentality turnaround from where he has been going.

Anyway, didn't want him the second time around and I would definitely be VERY pissed if we were to bring the dude in for a third stint (that's destined to fail aswell). So, I guess my answer would be "no", besides we need someone at the PF spot who not only has some offensive moves, but also looks as to the other players around him and what they are doing aswell as rebound decently. He does neither IMO.

Just my :twocents:.

CableKC
06-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Since when was Harrington a PF?

He couldn't handle being a PF in Nellie's lineup, what makes you think he can under JO'B?

bigrichard82
06-28-2008, 02:12 AM
That's hoping he will think that way, but history does suggest otherwise and I think that far in your career you are not likely to make such a mentality turnaround from where he has been going.

Anyway, didn't want him the second time around and I would definitely be VERY pissed if we were to bring the dude in for a third stint (that's destined to fail aswell). So, I guess my answer would be "no", besides we need someone at the PF spot who not only has some offensive moves, but also looks as to the other players around him and what they are doing aswell as rebound decently. He does neither IMO.

Just my :twocents:.

Oh my.....A well though out response. I dont know what to do with myself. Part of me actually agrees with you. I am more talking in hind sight. What can you do though. He is possibly available though. Not many PFs that fit our system available this year. Sean Williams is kind of a poor mans AH. I am fine with giving him a shot. A 6-9 PF wit ability all over the floor is what we need. I only say AH because he is strong enough to play the PF and SF positions. Not to mention, he was a reality for us. I don't even know a good suggestion past AH.

Will Galen
06-28-2008, 03:30 AM
at this point in his career, al will have to realize he will never be the man. I think GS is a humbling situation and coming back here would be ideal for him. I know it wont happen, but without JO he is a great fit.

Some people won't be humble no matter what. I liked him as baby Al when he still played defense. I would rather have Croshere back than Al, and I know Al is a much better player.

Will Galen
06-28-2008, 03:43 AM

In the strongest possible language this is not at all feasible! You can't just plug a $17m all star into this team without giving up something you don't want to give up.

Anthem
06-28-2008, 08:04 AM
In the strongest possible language this is not at all feasible! You can't just plug a $17m all star into this team without giving up something you don't want to give up.
I'd have said that about Gasol, too.

As for the thread, Harrington is like AJ. I rooted for him while I was here, but since then I've never once said "Man, I wish we still had that guy."

Roaming Gnome
06-28-2008, 08:21 AM
As for the thread, Harrington is like AJ. I rooted for him while I was here, but since then I've never once said "Man, I wish we still had that guy."

Yeah, I felt that way when Al was playing in Atlanta and didn't want him back the first time. This last time Al was here really proved what kind of Character and teammate he was and I want no part of that on this team.

Al Harrington wore out his welcome to me with his comments in the Star saying he was going to go Artest in the offense to get what he wanted out of the offense. Bye-bye jerk off.

Unclebuck
06-28-2008, 09:09 AM
No, he doesn't fit into this offense very well. Although there are strong rumors out of the Bay area that he is asking to be trade.

But in reality, Al s another player who played his best under Rick Carlisle (the list is starting to be a long list) Al's game has been exposed.

BobbyMac
06-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Poutin Al doesn't rebound, pass or set screens...the only thing that sucks about him is his game.

Justin Tyme
06-28-2008, 09:41 AM
In Harrington's case, third time isn't a charm. I never wanted him the 2nd time, and thought it was an absolute mistake bringing him back. 3rd time would be a disaster to the team concept.

To me Harrington was a tweener who couldn't guard the quick SF's and wasn't big enough to play with the big boys at the PF. Al's niche the 2nd time around was his 3 pt shooting. The Pacers don't need Al's 3 pt shooting at 4 with Murphy, they need a low post presence, rebounding, and some D which Harrington doesn't have. JMOAA

rm1369
06-28-2008, 09:55 AM
So you don't want a "me" guy like Harrington, you want a team player like.......Marion? That makes no sense.

I agree and can't believe you are the only one who mentioned this. People complain about JO and Al's attitude and then want Marion? Marion's name was always in trade rumours because it was widely known he didn't believe he got enough credit in Phoneix! He wasn't happy on a team that highlighted his strengths and allowed him to play with Nash! I want absolutley no part of Marion.

LAPacer
06-28-2008, 10:05 AM
No Al. No Thanks.

owl
06-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Troy Murphy is a decent option especially the way he was playing last year.
I hear NY has a pf for trade.

denyfizle
06-28-2008, 01:11 PM
yea now it does... especially after we just gave away Diogu like that. we could've gotten a much better deal than Murph and DunDun's ugly contracts and 2 players we will never really use for 2 players capable of averaging 20+ ppg. that's what really irks me more about the Bayless trade.

Rajah Brown
06-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Harrington is a head case who's not as good as he thinks he is.
That certainly isn't unique in the NBA. But it's a bad combo.

No thanks.

grace
06-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Considering I didn't want him to come back in the first place I'd have to say my answer is no.

maragin
06-28-2008, 03:30 PM

Al's another player who played his best under Rick Carlisle

I wish Al the best, but I didn't want him back the second time. I cringed when I saw that he was by the scorer's table, waiting to enter the game.

NuffSaid
06-28-2008, 06:25 PM
No.

I want team players.

Nuff said.
Hey! That's my line. And you typed it wrong! It's "'Nuff Said". (j/k :p)

CapnBruisin
06-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Harrington was brought back mainly because of nostalgia of when he was on the great Reggie led teams.

Any decision based on nostalgia rarely works out for the best.