PDA

View Full Version : Jerryd Bayless

LAPacer
06-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Is he overrated, underrated, or just about right for this forum.

The consensus around here is that he is a top 4 talent.
Here are the number 4 picks over the past 5 years.

07 - Mike Conley Jr
06 - Tyrus Thomas
05 - Chris Paul
04 - Shaun Livington - excluded in comparison due to injury, but he was good.
03 - Chris Bosh

I think he will be as good as only Mike Conley Jr. Bayless' athletic abilities are ridiculous, but he is an undersized two guard with short arms. Same length as DJ Augustine.

Taterhead
06-28-2008, 01:19 AM
I watched Bayless a lot last year, I live in AZ. And I think he has more talent than Conley as a PG. He averaged like 4 APG playing the two for AZ, and I just think in Obies system, you need an unselfish scorer to max out the potential of the system. You need scorers at every position if posible, and Bayless is a dynamic scorer.

The thing I liked most about Jerryd was that he can create his own shot and shots for others, something we do not have a player that can do. And he is far from a selfish player. He is a very willing passer who can score in a variety of ways. I viewed him as a back-up, playing time at the 1 and 2 for the next couple of years, grooming him as the eventual PG to replace Ford.

I thought he was the perfect back-up guard for us because he could play the one allowing Dun and Granger to play the wings, or the two allowing us to go small and quick moveing Dun or Granger exclusively to SF, and fill in for any one of three injured players because of the versatility of our line-up. If anyone of the wing players gets hurt, Bayless could fill in.

As far as Bayless having short arms. Big deal. He has good size and a lot of quickness to go with it. That is a silly reason to pass on a player. 1-2" in arm length means a lot less than basketball ability.

Infinite MAN_force
06-28-2008, 01:49 AM
I would not be surprised if he ends up traded for Conley at some point. Portland really wants Conley back with Oden.

Anthem
06-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Is there a time limit on this poll? I'd love to see it closed before the end of the season, then brought back at the end.

Rajah Brown
06-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Actually, I think he's VERY close to being another Ben Gordon w/ a
bit more fluid athleticism.

DisplacedKnick
06-28-2008, 08:40 AM
He's a top 4 pick this year - but this year isn't the year Wade was picked.

Hard to say where he ends up but he's a big-time athlete and now he has some extra motivation.

Putnam
06-28-2008, 08:41 AM
The top ten teams in the draft, who all scouted Bayless assiduously, passed on him.

I personally know nothing about the kid, but the force of all those experts says Bayless isn't what he was hyped to be. He's a mid first-rounder.

edc
06-28-2008, 08:42 AM
"He walks on water" :laugh:

count55
06-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Is there a time limit on this poll? I'd love to see it closed before the end of the season, then brought back at the end.

I assume you mean "end of the summer".

As always, the selections on the poll are slightly fuzzy.

I picked the "Top 10 Value" because I thought he was a top 10 value. I also think he'll end up being a starter.

I do think he's a better prospect than Rush, but then, that's why we got Jack in the trade as well. However, I expect Rush to be a 6th man/eventual starter, too.

The most likely scenario is that Bayless will end up being the best player involved in the trade. However, it is far from a sure thing.

Anthem
06-28-2008, 09:06 AM
I assume you mean "end of the summer".
Correct. My bad.