PDA

View Full Version : Compare and contrast: Ike Diogu and Roy Hibbert

Hicks
06-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Does anyone feel up to doing this justice?

I can only guess since I don't truly know much about Hibbert; I can mainly just guess.

LAPacer
06-28-2008, 12:44 AM
I'll do one based on the limited knowledge I have of both. So it will be short.

Ike:
Undersized that even long arms can't hide this weakness, Polished and efficient offensive game in the post, above average explosiveness, completely unaware of how to run a play on offense. Always in the wrong position. Below average defender. Has a low team basketball IQ, but high post awareness of himself and defenders around him in the post. Decent J.
Wishful potential to be Barkley, but more like and old/aging Corliss Williamson for now. Needs to read the playbook every night to have a long career in the NBA.

Roy:
Great size, Polished and efficient offensive game in the post, extremely slow. Knows where to go to ask for the ball in an open space on the court. Good shot blocker. Thinks the game well and is an extremely mature individual. High character, great work ethic, student of the game. Suspect J.
May be very foul prone due to lack of quickness. Wishful potential to be Ewing, but more like an Ostertag for now. Needs to lift weights and cardio to make up for lack of speed to have a long career in the NBA.

hoopsforlife
06-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Hibbert is intelligent and Ike is not as much.