PDA

View Full Version : My crazy trade idea....

burnzone
06-14-2004, 05:41 AM
I know everyone hates a bunch of trade ideas, and especially homer ones, but I really feel this is a workable one.

I also agree with Peck that Flip Murray would be a good fit here, so I tried this one on realgm, and it works.

This trade gets Chicago Al Harrington, balances out Seattle's roster a bit, reuniting Fred Jones, and Luke Ridnour, giving Seattle a hell of a potent backcourt off the bench.
It also gives us an immediate upgrade at SG, and\or PG, and a decent big body backup center in James.

So here it is:

Seattle trades:

PG Ronald Murray (12.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.5 apg in 24.7 minutes)
PG Antonio Daniels (8.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.2 apg in 21.3 minutes)
C Jerome James (5.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 15.2 minutes)

Seattle receives:

PG Anthony Johnson (6.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 21.9 minutes)
SG Fred Jones (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
PF Jerome Williams (6.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -8.0 ppg, +2.4 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

Indiana trades:

PG Anthony Johnson (6.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 21.9 minutes)
SG Fred Jones (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)

Indiana receives:

PG Ronald Murray (12.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.5 apg in 82 games)
C Jerome James (5.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 65 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (17.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 80 games)

Change in team outlook: +10.2 ppg, -0.3 rpg, and +1.5 apg.

Chicago trades:

PF Jerome Williams (6.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.1 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (17.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 35.1 minutes)

Chicago receives:

PG Antonio Daniels (8.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.2 apg in 71 games)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 79 games)

Change in team outlook: -2.2 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Seattle, Indiana, and Chicago being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Seattle, Indiana, and Chicago had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1641645

Ok, I know AJ would need to be staying put, and agree to this trade, but Seattle would get a hell of a backup point to offset the loss of murray, a poor contract, but hell of a rebounder in Junkyard dog (this is where our 29th pick given to Seattle might make this work), and an up and coming Sg in Fred Jones, who would be an area favorite.

Chicago would get rid of a bad contract in Junkyard Dog, and get Antonio Daniels to slightly offset the loss of Crawford, then get Al Harrington, and keep their 3rd pick in the draft.

The Pacers would lose a solid backup PG in AJ, but if we could add Flip Murray, and Jamal Crawford to our rotation, that would be on hell of an upgrade in the backcourt, because both of those guys can play PG, or SG, and shoot the rock. Then adding the 7'1" big body of Jerome James would bolster our front court, to make it a very acceptable rotation at the 5, compared to what we had this year.

I know this looks very homerish on paper, but if we throw the 29th pick at either one of those, probably Seattle, and Chicago keeps the #3, it might work out for all 3 sides.

Ok, blast away.

Will Galen
06-14-2004, 06:11 AM
It's not a trade that grabs you, but it looks ok to me. Both Flip and Crawford can fill it up, yes I'd do it. I think Chicago maybe would do it. I can't think right now who their shooting guard would be so maybe not. No use creating a gaping hole to patch a hole. Seattle would be borderline.

Of course come the expansion draft it may be a moot trade, both AJ and JJ are rumored to be unprotected.