PDA

View Full Version : Official Summer League Thread

Pages : [1] 2

LG33
06-27-2008, 04:42 PM
When do the two trades become official? I ask because I would like to see our new picks - Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert - participate in the 2008 Orlando Pro Summer League from July 7-11. It will be upsetting if the trade cannot be finalized until July 9th, which I've heard a couple times now as the official date.

Either way, some of the big names we'll get to see include Derrick Rose (Chicago), Michael Beasley (Miami), Russell Westbrook (Sonics) and Brook Lopez (Nets) - I'm not sure if Yi Jianlian will be there because of the Olympics. Courtney Lee (Orlando), Chris Douglas-Roberts (Nets) and Mario Chalmers (Miami) are some of the other big names that should be in attendance. It'd also be pretty nice to see what, if anything, Josh McRoberts can do.

Games will be broadcast live off the Orlando Magic website.

Trader Joe
06-27-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't think they'll be able to play which sucks.

NuffSaid
06-27-2008, 05:00 PM
...July 9th...

Not sure if B. Rush, Hibbert or McRoberts would be able to play in Summer League games under the circumstances. I guess ideally, they'd play for their original teams on 7/8 July and then change over to the Pacers' roster on the 9th.

Just a guess...would be a bit ridiculous to go about things that way, but 'dem be the hand the players and teams have been dealt by yours truly...the Commish.

LG33
06-27-2008, 05:04 PM
See, the thing is that the Blazers and Raptors both participate in the Las Vegas Summer League the following week. Damnit!

NuffSaid
06-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Hmmm...

Now, that is interesting...

Anthem
06-27-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't understand why Rush won't be able to play in the summer league. Jack isn't BYC.

Trader Joe
06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't understand why Rush won't be able to play in the summer league. Jack isn't BYC.

Fool was saying yesterday that July 9th is when Jack's contract will go up enough for the trade to work.

Anthem
06-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Fool was saying yesterday that July 9th is when Jack's contract will go up enough for the trade to work.
Ah. Well that sucks then.

Guess Diener will be getting lots of summer league minutes.

LG33
06-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure Diener is eligible.

Roaming Gnome
06-27-2008, 06:54 PM
I would guess that our guys could be added to the summer league roster on the 9th.

I don't see anyone doing anything for a team they are not proposed to go to.

Roaming Gnome
06-27-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure Diener is eligible.

Why? I thought Artest played in summer league for us long after he was a veteran.

LG33
06-27-2008, 06:57 PM
But wasn't that because he missed however many games because of suspension? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I was under the impression that you couldn't send anyone older than rookies and sophmores.

idioteque
06-27-2008, 09:42 PM
I was under the impression that you couldn't send anyone older than rookies and sophmores.

Yeah, but Deiner is 15 years old.

Justin Tyme
06-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Why would anybody drafted but not under a contract play in the summer league thus risking an injury?

Will Galen
06-28-2008, 06:44 AM
But wasn't that because he missed however many games because of suspension? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I was under the impression that you couldn't send anyone older than rookies and sophmores.

You're thinking of the development league. I've heard Curry is going to work out with NY's summer league team and might even play a couple games.

LG33
06-28-2008, 04:32 PM
You're thinking of the development league. I've heard Curry is going to work out with NY's summer league team and might even play a couple games.

During the NBA season?

I think this is the worst part of the trade. What the hell are we supposed to do for 8 days? Will Bayless be part of our summer league team for the first two days?

PR07
06-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Vets can play in summer league. Bo Outlaw used to play in it every season.

Hopefully, they can play though. I'd be pretty disappointed if they couldn't.

Kuq_e_Zi91
06-28-2008, 04:44 PM
I think you can send any one to summer league to get better. Build confidence or whatever they need to do. But yeah, if Rush and Hibbert will miss summer league I won't be very happy. I'd HATE to see Bayless play for us in summer league when he knows he's not gonna be here/doesn't wanna be here. I still don't get why Stern won't let the league just announce the trades when they get proposed. I know there's some rule or whatever but whyyy??

tadscout
06-28-2008, 05:56 PM
<object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0' width='320' height='305' id='embeddedplayer'><param name='movie' value='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-indianapolis-532-pub01-live/current/articleplayer/singleclip/client/embedded/embedded.swf'/><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'/><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'/><param name='scale' value='noscale'/><param name='salign' value='LT'/><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000'/><param name='wmode' value='window'/><param name='FlashVars' value='playerId=articleplayer&referralObject=779724389&referralPlaylistId=playlist&adServerBasePath=http://gcirm.gannettvideo.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads&adPositionId=Video_prestream&adSiteId=gci-in-indianapolis.com&SSTSCode=sports/basketball/nba/pacers/article.htm&gpaperCode=gpaper138,gntbcstglobal&marketName=Indianapolis:indystar&division=newspaper&pageContentCategory=SPORTS&pageContentSubcategory=SPORTS04'/><embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-indianapolis-532-pub01-live/current/articleplayer/singleclip/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='embeddedplayer' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' menu='false' quality='high' play='false' name='articleplayer' height='305' width='320' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' scale='noscale' salign='LT' bgcolor='#000000' wmode='window' flashvars='playerId=articleplayer&referralObject=779724389&referralPlaylistId=playlist&adServerBasePath=http://gcirm.gannettvideo.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads&adPositionId=Video_prestream&adSiteId=gci-in-indianapolis.com&SSTSCode=sports/basketball/nba/pacers/article.htm&gpaperCode=gpaper138,gntbcstglobal&marketName=Indianapolis:indystar&division=newspaper&pageContentCategory=SPORTS&pageContentSubcategory=SPORTS04'' /></object>

Bird says, they won't be able to play in summer league...

JayRedd
06-28-2008, 06:13 PM
When did he start breathing like Tony Soprano?

Hicks
06-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Sucks that we can't see Rush and Hibbert in Orlando, but oh well.

duke dynamite
06-29-2008, 03:38 AM
They can pull a Greg Oden and play in pick-up games.

Anyone want to start the league?

Commish position is up for grabs.

LG33
06-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I changed the thread title to "Official Summer League Thread" to gather all the information about the Orlando league into one page.

Btw, I don't think Travis will have recovered from his injury in time to compete in summer league either, so I'm struggling to find a reason to watch the games...

avoidingtheclowns
06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm struggling to find a reason to watch the games...

well...

Derrick Rose (Chicago), Michael Beasley (Miami), Russell Westbrook (Sonics) and Brook Lopez (Nets)... Courtney Lee (Orlando), Chris Douglas-Roberts (Nets) and Mario Chalmers (Miami)

Ownagedood
06-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Btw, I don't think Travis will have recovered from his injury in time to compete in summer league either, so I'm struggling to find a reason to watch the games...
Ya, there isn't much worth in it.. But still, we can see how some of our guys have progressed, such as Graham.. I can see him dominating this summer.

Ownagedood
06-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Woah... Wait a minute.. There may be a good reason after all.. I think the Portland trade has already gone through.. I was lookin at stats trying to see what to expect from some of our new players, and when I got to JJ, it already has him listed as a Pacer.. I know that's not saying much, they could have just put it in advanced, but the other players in the other trade were not changed.

tadscout
06-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Woah... Wait a minute.. There may be a good reason after all.. I think the Portland trade has already gone through.. I was lookin at stats trying to see what to expect from some of our new players, and when I got to JJ, it already has him listed as a Pacer.. I know that's not saying much, they could have just put it in advanced, but the other players in the other trade were not changed.

It means nothing...

Watch the video earlier in this thread... both trades are not official with the league till the 9th...

wintermute
06-30-2008, 06:06 AM
short blurb via hoopshype

Former Nebraska basketball player Aleks Maric, who wasn’t selected in Thursday’s NBA Draft, remains an unsigned free agent as of Friday, said his agent, Andrew Vye.

The 6-foot-11, 265-pound Maric will participate in the NBA’s Orlando summer league with the Indiana Pacers, Vye said. That league begins play July 2.

i doubt he makes the team though.

Naptown_Seth
06-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Exactly. Summer league is for ANYONE that wants to or the team insists upon. Ron did not have to go to Minnesota and play but he felt like he needed it.

This is such a stupid screw job for us thanks to a dumb technicality. Then again, who setup the Orlando league to start before the previous season was actually over? This isn't the first time a deal had to wait to be official after all.

MagicRat
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
so I'm struggling to find a reason to watch the games...

What? You're not looking forward to more gems like "I smell like aftershave and taco meat."?

Plus we'll get to see if Stanko can get his e-mails read during the broadcast again.

Tom White
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I would guess that our guys could be added to the summer league roster on the 9th.

I don't see anyone doing anything for a team they are not proposed to go to.

On top of that, you have the concern of a player getting injured before the trade becomes official. If one of these guys were to get injured playing for a team that they are going to be traded from in two days, that could throw a real wrench into the works.

avoidingtheclowns
06-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Plus we'll get to see if Stanko can get his e-mails read during the broadcast again.

that was marvelous

LG33
06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
What? You're not looking forward to more gems like "I smell like aftershave and taco meat."?

When you're right, you're right. I wonder what questions Stanko will ask this year...?

LG33
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Players expected to participate in the Pacers rookie and free agent camp Thursday-Sunday with name, position, height, weight, and college or country.

<TABLE rules=all width="100%" border=0 frame=box itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Ali Berdiel</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">F-G</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-6</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">200</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Valparaiso</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Tyrelle Blair</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">C</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-11</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">242</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Boston College</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Stanley Burrell</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">G</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-3</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">210</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Xavier</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Earl Calloway</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">G</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-3</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">175</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Indiana</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Pete Campbell</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">F</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-7</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">200</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Butler</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Josh Davis</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">F</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-8</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">242</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Wyoming</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Andre Emmett</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">F</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-5</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">220</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Texas Tech</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Vladimir Gulobovic</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">C</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">7-0</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">225</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Serbia</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Stephen Graham</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">F</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-6</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">215</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Oklahoma State</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Justin Gray</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">G</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-2</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">185</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Wake Forest (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080702/SPORTS04/807020414#)</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Aleks Maric</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">C</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-11</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">270</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Nebraska</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Anthony Lever-Pedroza</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">G</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-3</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">185</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Oregon</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Courtney Sims</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">C</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-11</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">245</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Michigan</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">David Teague</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">G</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-5</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">196</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Purdue</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Shawne Williams</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">F</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">6-9</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">225</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Memphis</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LG33
07-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Tyrelle Blair got 11 blocks in a game once, but don't expect much from him in terms of offense.

lavell12
07-02-2008, 01:28 PM
the team starts playing on the seventh but those trades aren't official until the 9th. my question is will mcroberts, rush, and hibbert play in the summer league after the trade is official?

MyFavMartin
07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I expect a good showing of Teague.

Boiler up!

Pacers
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Are these games available on TV anywhere? I don't have NBA TV, so hopefully they're shown somewhere else. Online, maybe?

LG33
07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Are these games available on TV anywhere? I don't have NBA TV, so hopefully they're shown somewhere else. Online, maybe?

Yeah, like I said earlier in the thread you can catch them (though the feed is pretty poor) with commentary on the Orlando Magic website. You can also send in questions to get answered by the announcers if you so desire.

Pacers
07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Sorry about that. I don't know how I missed that since it was in the very first freaking post. http://themommyretreat.com/forums/images/smilies/emb.gif

Since86
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Some interesting names on that list. Gray and Emmett to name two.

avoidingtheclowns
07-02-2008, 03:12 PM
this oughta make pat riley happy...

Beasley hurt in first Heat practice

MIAMI (AP) -- Michael Beasley's first official practice with the Miami Heat (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/teams/heat) ended quickly.

The Number 2 overall pick in last week's NBA draft was taken to a doctor for observation after getting struck in the chest by an inadvertent elbow during a defensive drill. It occurred about 45 minutes into Miami's first summer-league workout session.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra says the move was strictly precautionary and shouldn't affect Beasley's availability for Miami's five-games-in-five-days run through the Orlando summer league, which opens Monday.

The team did not immediately release an update on the extent of Beasley's injury or what sort of tests were being performed on the rookie, who averaged 26.2 points and 12.4 rebounds last season for Kansas State.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/07/02/beasley.ap/index.html

Deadshot
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I wish they would open this league up for the public. I live about an hour from Orlando and every year I'm not able to watch them...

rexnom
07-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I wish they would open this league up for the public. I live about an hour from Orlando and every year I'm not able to watch them...
I thought it was open. I remember Bill Simmons talking about going to the Vegas one last year and really enjoying it. Check your local listings (or whatever) to make sure.

Since86
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Bill did commentary for the game, I believe, that's why he was there.

Deadshot
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I thought it was open. I remember Bill Simmons talking about going to the Vegas one last year and really enjoying it. Check your local listings (or whatever) to make sure.

Every year the site says that its closed due to spacing issues at a small facility. Media is allowed in of course.

rexnom
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Bill did commentary for the game, I believe, that's why he was there.
I believe you're right. Actually, now that I think about it, I think that he even complained about it not being open to the public.

Anthem
07-02-2008, 08:57 PM
The Vegas one is open. The Orlando one is not.

A buddy of mine is a big Celtics fan, and a couple of years back he called in sick to work twice in one week to watch the Celts summer league team.

Roaming Gnome
07-03-2008, 12:18 AM
The Vegas one is open. The Orlando one is not.

A buddy of mine is a big Celtics fan, and a couple of years back he called in sick to work twice in one week to watch the Celts summer league team.

What happened to the Boston summer league? I always thought that one was well run and decently put together. I thought it was one of the more "permanent" summer leagues.

MyFavMartin
07-03-2008, 12:58 AM
What happened to the Boston summer league? I always thought that one was well run and decently put together. I thought it was one of the more "permanent" summer leagues.

don't remember it.

last year wasn't there orlando, vegas, utah and some weird named one in like LA?

Hicks
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
That's right, I remember there being a Boston one, too. In fact, didn't BostonConnection go one year and give us a report?

joeshmoe
07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
the team starts playing on the seventh but those trades aren't official until the 9th. my question is will mcroberts, rush, and hibbert play in the summer league after the trade is official?

Bird did say they would miss summer league. But it seems like there would not be anything stopping them from playing starting on the 9th. Apparently, Rush is in town getting physicals and talking to the media now. So I don't see why he couldn't be in Orlando on July 9th. Theoretically, they would be able to play the last three of the five summer league games.

Naptown_Seth
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I expect a good showing of Teague.

Boiler up!
I said to Kegboy (if he remembers) that I didn't get why they didn't bring in Teague LAST year. 3 ball, defender, why wouldn't you take a look at least? Finally they are.

I think Elgin was the one who was really big on Pete Campbell getting a look, so somewhere he's happy. Should be a moderately interesting camp. Frankly Shawne needs to bring it for this roster. He's got the skills to shine here and prove something to Larry.

Unclebuck
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm surprised they even do summer league anymore - just seems very outdated and extremely forgettable

joeshmoe
07-03-2008, 06:17 PM
When you're really excited about your draft pick, it is nice to have the immediate feedback of summer league.

Robertmto
07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm surprised they even do summer league anymore - just seems very outdated and extremely forgettable

I guess you forgot the incredible burst of joy I had when the Wizards signed Lee Humphrey to play summer league?

idioteque
07-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I guess you forgot the incredible burst of joy I had when the Wizards signed Lee Humphrey to play summer league?

I hope you check this thread again. I saw your avatar out to eat in Chinatown on Tuesday night. I was the only person who recognized him (I think).

avoidingtheclowns
07-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I hope you check this thread again. I saw your avatar out to eat in Chinatown on Tuesday night. I was the only person who recognized him (I think).

i work in chinatown and i cannot validate this. he is clearly lying so don't listen to him.

Robertmto
07-04-2008, 08:06 PM

lol I'm guessing u were. Kid is an athletic freak tho

i work in chinatown and i cannot validate this. he is clearly lying so don't listen to him.

tsk tsk tsk

avoidingtheclowns
07-04-2008, 10:37 PM
okay so he's officially not lying. i literally just walked into the dude in chinatown outside Fado and RFD.

Robertmto
07-04-2008, 10:58 PM
okay so he's officially not lying. i literally just walked into the dude in chinatown outside Fado and RFD.

did u fall?

idioteque
07-04-2008, 11:50 PM

I saw him outside of Chipotle when I was enjoying my guacamole filled tacos. Now that Hancock is out and Batman very soon maybe I'll see him again this weekend and if I do (which I guess is unlikely) I will get an auto for Robertmto and a kick in the nuts for atc.

Robertmto
07-05-2008, 12:14 AM
I saw him outside of Chipotle when I was enjoying my guacamole filled tacos. Now that Hancock is out and Batman very soon maybe I'll see him again this weekend and if I do (which I guess is unlikely) I will get an auto for Robertmto and a kick in the nuts for atc.

both would b greatly appreciated

avoidingtheclowns
07-05-2008, 08:27 AM

if he had that coordination he wouldn't have slipped to 18

LG33
07-05-2008, 11:41 AM
are you saying you have small nuts...?

In other news, two more days till we see the new Shawne Williams!

avoidingtheclowns
07-05-2008, 12:28 PM
are you saying you have small nuts...?

i'm saying mine haven't dropped yet.

rexnom
07-05-2008, 01:18 PM
I still think he's lying, I went to Matchbox last night and I didn't see him. Therefore both of youse are lying.

avoidingtheclowns
07-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I still think he's lying, I went to Matchbox last night and I didn't see him. Therefore both of youse are lying.

matchbox. nice choice.

3 * 6 * 9

LG33
07-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I'll be living in DC next month. The five hour drive to hang out with AD was starting to get tiresome.

RandyWrinkles
07-06-2008, 11:34 AM

You can watch the games at the Magic homepage. I watched some last summer and the quality is not that good. They only have one or two camera angles and it's difficult to follow. Hopefully they upped the technology for this year.

CableKC
07-06-2008, 11:45 AM
When do the game start?

rexnom
07-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I was in Chinatown again all night last night staring at every tall, black man to see if they were McGee...no luck with Javale, but I did almost got into three fights.

idioteque
07-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I saw a fat kid in Chinatown pick a fight with a cop last night outside of Aveda, looked like Oliver Miller.

We legitimately have numbers for a DC forum party/excuse to get drunk in Chinatown.

rexnom
07-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Hey, I'm totally up for it, we might even be able to get some other east coast people down if we do it during a weekend.

In other news, I did not get in a fight with a cop, even though I was around that 7th and H area last night.

LG33
07-06-2008, 08:09 PM
The Pacers play the OKC TBA at 3:00 tomorrow.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/summerleague.html

dal9
07-07-2008, 02:05 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/2008_camp_cuts.html
Lever-Pedroza leaves due to injury, roster down to 12:

6 Miguel "Ali" Berdiel F/G 6-6 200 12/27/83 Valparaiso Santurce (Puerto Rico)
16 Stanley Burrell G 6-3 210 9/16/84 Xavier Xavier (NCAA)
11 Earl Calloway G 6-3 175 9/30/83 Indiana Ft. Wayne (D-League)
22 Josh Davis F 6-8 242 8/10/80 Wyoming BC Kyiv (Ukraine)
29 Andre Emmett F 6-5 220 8/27/82 Texas Tech Belgacom Liege Basket (Belgium)
54 Vladimir Golubovic C 7-0 225 2/24/86 Serbia Vojvodina (Serbia)
23 Stephen Graham F 6-6 215 6/11/82 Oklahoma State Indiana (NBA)
20 Justin Gray G 6-2 185 3/31/82 Wake Forest CEZ Basketball Nymburk (Czech Rep.)
51 Aleks Maric C 6-11 270 10/22/84 Nebraska Nebraska (NCAA)
44 Courtney Sims C 6-11 245 10/21/83 Michigan Iowa (D-League)
2 David Teague G 6-5 196 6/4/83 Purdue AEL (Greece)
4 Shawne Williams F 6-9 225 2/16/86 Memphis Indiana (NBA

CableKC
07-07-2008, 03:27 AM
There are 2 games scheduled after July 9th.....will Hibbert and Rush be able to play in any of those games?

avoidingtheclowns
07-07-2008, 12:51 PM
over/under on the pacers winning one game in orlando?

Gyron
07-07-2008, 12:55 PM
There are 2 games scheduled after July 9th.....will Hibbert and Rush be able to play in any of those games?

To my understanding, they will not be able to participate because they aren't on the roster at the beginning.

Gyron
07-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Lol, they brought courtney Sims back again. That kid has been Yo-yo'ed by the pacers so much I bet he's getting a fear of strings.....

MyFavMartin
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/summer_preview_080707.html

Rose, Beasley, Westbrook all competing
Pacers face top picks this week in Orlando Summer League

By Conrad Brunner | July 7, 2008 Though the Pacers' draft picks won't be able to participate, three of the top four picks in the June 26 NBA Draft and seven first-rounders overall will compete in the Orlando Pro Summer League that runs today through Friday at the RDV Sportsplex.

Shooting guard Brandon Rush of Kansas (drafted No. 13 by Portland) and center Roy Hibbert of Georgetown (drafted No. 17 by Toronto), both reportedly among the seven players acquired by the Pacers in two separate draft-night deals, can not officially become members of the team until the NBA approves the trades. That could happen as soon as Wednesday, though it's unclear whether the newcomers could join the summer-league roster for the final two games.

The Pacers begin play today (3 p.m.) against Oklahoma City (formerly Seattle), which has No. 4 pick Russell Westbrook of UCLA. Indiana faces No. 1 pick Derrick Rose with Chicago Tuesday (approximately 7 p.m.); No. 2 pick Michael Beasley with Miami Wednesday (approximately 7 p.m.). The Pacers face Orlando Thursday (approximately 5 p.m.) and New Jersey Friday at 11 a.m.

All of the games will be streamed live online at OrlandoMagic.com

Other first-rounders in attendance are expected to be No. 10 pick Brook Lopez of Stanford (Nets), No. 21 pick Ryan Anderson of California (Nets) and No. 22 pick Courtney Lee of Indianapolis Pike High and Western Kentucky (Magic).

Indiana University will be well-represented with No. 29 pick D.J. White (Oklahoma City) and free agent Marco Killingsworth (Miami). Since going undrafted after finishing his I.U. career in 2006, Killingsworth has played in Turkey, Korea and Italy.

The Pacers' roster will feature one I.U. product (point guard Earl Calloway) as well as veterans Shawne Williams and Stephen Graham.

Other NBA veterans of note in Orlando include Chicago forwards Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah, Miami guard Daequan Cook, Oklahoma City forward Jeff Green and Orlando forward James Augustine.

Kegboy
07-07-2008, 01:51 PM
http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/nba/11191/300_nba-orlandmagic_060502.asx&video=&nbasite=nba

For anyone who wants to stare at the floor.

dal9
07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
You know, here's something:

Everyone has been pissed at the NBA for the trade moratorium, but shouldn't we be pissed at the Magic or the Pacers?

1: Why schedule the summer league before the deadline (Magic)
2: Why sign up to play in a summer league that takes place before the deadline (Pacers)

Its not like the moratorium deadline came as a surprise...

avoidingtheclowns
07-07-2008, 02:55 PM
oh george & dante, how we've missed thee

kbunch
07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Uh oh, Marco Killingsworth siting on Miami's summer league roster, I'll be interested to get a look at him playing...

Gyron
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Dante and Gilante! And they have actual email! Can't wait to hear the questions....

LG33
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Shawne for 2!

Gyron
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Woohoo! 2-0!

LG33
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
OKC is playing like a team without an identity.

dal9
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
8-0!!!
Watch out Celtics!!!

dal9
07-07-2008, 03:09 PM

Youve been waiting to say that havent you...

BPump33
07-07-2008, 03:09 PM

Good work.

Pacers
07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
LMAO. These guys are hilarious.

2minutes twowa
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Nice strong take by Shawne.

BPump33
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I can't tell their voices apart, but one of these guys just called OKC, "The Bombers." I know that was debated on here, so I thought I would throw it out there.

avoidingtheclowns
07-07-2008, 03:20 PM
i prefer dante's earlier name "The Oklahoma City Austrians"

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
wow westbrooks looks good.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Looks like we are dumping it into the bigs for layups or fouls.

Pacers
07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I can't tell their voices apart, but one of these guys just called OKC, "The Bombers." I know that was debated on here, so I thought I would throw it out there.

Call me Thomas, but I highly doubt that any team hailing from Oklahoma City will be called the "Bombers", even though it's a kickass nick.

Robertmto
07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I can't get this video to work for me for anything~

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Shawne Williams is the only standout so far.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:31 PM
ill try to keep everyone posted as much as possible. so please disregard my double post.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
stephen looks good 8 points first qtr, stanley burrell is not looking that good.

avoidingtheclowns
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
STANKO with the Diener shout-out

LG33
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
He had to.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
30-25 pacers 2nd qtr

cgg
07-07-2008, 03:36 PM

They're calling them something different every 30 seconds or so.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Westbrook was worth all the hype. Earl Calloway looks like he has a shot to make the team, even with 3 pgs already. 34-25 pacers

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
40-30 pacers 2nd quarter

LG33
07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
wait, what'd you have to do with it?

Huh?

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Can we keep this to the actual game please?

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:48 PM
42-35 2nd quarter the kolovic kid is very active and may make the team, will be tough with 16 players contracted. lol.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:49 PM
42-37 2nd quarter 56 sec left to go

2minutes twowa
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I agree, Vladimir Golubovic is playing well. (Had to go to pacers.com to make sure I spelled his name right)

LG33
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
No Pacersdigest mentions yet.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 03:52 PM
earl calloway just blew by his defender for a layup with a few ticks left in the 2nd quarter 45-36 halfteime pacers

LG33
07-07-2008, 03:54 PM
For those just joining us, the web feed is available at: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/summerleague.html

And you can e-mail the commentators at: danteandgalante@orlandomagic.com (danteandgalante@orlandomagic.com)

MrSparko
07-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm looking forward to more Stanko E-mails....

Since86
07-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Stupid work restrictions, I can't watch.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Anthem
07-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I can't get this video to work for me for anything~
Might be IE-only.

Welcome to 1998.

MrSparko
07-07-2008, 04:00 PM
It's working for my Firefox.

Anthem
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
"Bandits" seems official...

Anthem
07-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Who just drew the foul? Was it Graham?

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Yea i like "Bandits" more than the "Drillers", "Austrians" or any thing else i've heard.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
47-42 pacers

Anthem
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Josh Davis hits a nice 3.

Gyron
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
"Bandits" seems official...

Seems like that would be an ideal team for "Skoal" to endorse.

Anthem
07-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Nice take by Shawne, except for the charging foul at the end.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
48-46 pacers 6:50 left in the 3rd

Anthem
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Holy cow what a pass. Who was that?

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
nice pass by josh davis, but courtney sims does NOT know how to go straight up to the rim.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:11 PM
stephen graham is dominating the game, i really like earl calloway.

Anthem
"Stephen Graham is dominating this game on the offensive end for Indiana. As he did last year."

Dukins
nice alley oop to sims from calloway.

DGPR
07-07-2008, 04:13 PM
bad crack on Shawne :(

Gyron
07-07-2008, 04:13 PM
56-45 Indy's still up.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:14 PM
55-45 pacers

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
nice move by calloway missed the layup

Anthem
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Wow. Airball by Westbrooke.

Anthem
07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
bad crack on Shawne :(
Eh, they made up for it. "That's not really fair to Shawne... he hasn't done anything to deserve that."

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
57-46 3:45 to go in 3rd pacers still up

Anthem
07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Nice quick post move by Sims.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:18 PM
stephen can Not handle the rock, pass it to the pg for crying out loud

DGPR
07-07-2008, 04:18 PM
"They might want to explain why he's been scored on 15 times" lol

DGPR
07-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Calloway just got dropped to the floor like a bad habit.

*edited*

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Calloway just got murdered.

bad choice of words :(

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:22 PM
66-49 pacers

idioteque
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Didn't take me too long to get annoyed by these announcers.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:25 PM
stephen graham went from star to rats in 3 quarters.

DGPR
07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
stephen graham went from star to rats in 3 quarters.

It seems like he's forcing it too much.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:27 PM
68-55 pacers few sec left in 3rd.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:27 PM
stanley burell with the 3 at the buzzer

DGPR
07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Burrell is clutch

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:30 PM
shawne should be dominating the summer games. He had 7 points in the 1st and still has 7 with four fouls. Not looking promising for him.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:31 PM
burrell horrible pass and got dunked on in the process.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
omg please take stephen graham out of the game. ill-advised shot AGAIN.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:33 PM
75-64 pacers with 7:44 left in the 4th

Gyron
07-07-2008, 04:33 PM
75-64 Pacers

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Golobovic has high energy and is really impressive as far as his hustle. Could be a poor man's jeff foster with a better shot.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
80-69 pacers with 6:54 left 4th

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:38 PM
83-69 pacers 5:06 left in 4th.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Right now out of the bunch of free agents, calloway and golobovic looked the best today. For those on the pacers team currently, shawne looked the worst and stephen graham forced everything.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:43 PM
88-72 3:33 left in the 4th

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
91-74 pacers

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:46 PM
good no look pass from emmett to shawne williams

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
95-76 2:00 left pacers winning. teague has a bandage over his left eye. mop up time.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I cant watch anymore, all 5 of the pacers on the floor at this time wont make the time, absolutely horrific. See ya. 95-78 pacers 37.5 secs left.

Dukins
07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Pacers win Pacers win. 95-78

idioteque
07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Well, you can't say we didn't win anything this year.

And I'm glad that turdbucket Bennett lost.

Pacers
07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
The commentary is the only thing worth watching/listening to.

Justin Tyme
07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Can anyone post the Pacers'game stats? I'm sure many posters would appreciate it. Thanx Justin

avoidingtheclowns
07-07-2008, 05:13 PM
the boxscore hasn't been posted yet but can be found at http://www.nba.com/magic/news/sl_scores.html

Robertmto
07-07-2008, 05:45 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/magic/Game_1_Box_Score.pdf

idioteque
07-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Stanko has to be PISSED that this Vladirmir Grosdfklsdffkl;asdsjldgv guy is stealing his thunder. I think Stanko will eat him tonight and old Vlad has played his last game as a Pacer.

Justin Tyme
07-07-2008, 06:26 PM
the boxscore hasn't been posted yet but can be found at http://www.nba.com/magic/news/sl_scores.html

Thanx! The box scores are up now. Interesting for a 1st summer league game.

Anthem
07-07-2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/magic/Game_1_Box_Score.pdf
Shawne doesn't look as bad in that setting. 5 of 10, playing the PF spot between Sims and Graham.

Earl Calloway was better than I expected... plus he's wearing #11. Does he know something we don't?

We outscored them in every quarter.

====

So does this game tell us anything at all? Other than Shawne looking at the PF spot?

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Shawne doesn't look as bad in that setting. 5 of 10, playing the PF spot between Sims and Graham.

Earl Calloway was better than I expected... plus he's wearing #11. Does he know something we don't?

We outscored them in every quarter.

So does this game tell us anything at all? Other than Shawne looking at the PF spot?

Even with many players not on the actual team, there still is a defensive 3 second violation!

Am I going crazy!?

LG33
07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Travis Diener's summer league record high 34 points was threatened by Michael Beasley this evening, but the new forward for the Miami Heat ultimately fell 6 points short in his summer league debut.

Noodle
07-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Travis Diener's summer league record high 34 points was threatened by Michael Beasley this evening, but the new forward for the Miami Heat ultimately fell 6 points short in his summer league debut.

Seriously, Diener? Goes to show how insignifigent summer league games really are. Sometimes I forget that these guys are mostly outcasts. Maybe, Diener is the future. LOL

Isaac
07-07-2008, 07:12 PM

I enjoyed that. I've been telling Bulls fans all Summer how stupid they are to take Rose over a dominant all around scorer like Beasley, and this is step one in their realization of that.

Ownagedood
07-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I forgot that started already.. I'm gonna miss most of the games.. :(

317Kim
07-07-2008, 07:35 PM
It was good to see a win this afternoon. :woot2:

I'm glad tomorrow's game will be on later in the evening.

Doddage
07-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I enjoyed that. I've been telling Bulls fans all Summer how stupid they are to take Rose over a dominant all around scorer like Beasley, and this is step one in their realization of that.
I hate to say it, but I hope Rose doesn't pan out since the Bulls have gotten way too many breaks in recent drafts. I love Rose as a player and all, but with how lucky Chicago has gotten, they should have already won a championship or two by now.

idioteque
07-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I hate to say it, but I hope Rose doesn't pan out since the Bulls have gotten way too many breaks in recent drafts. I love Rose as a player and all, but with how lucky Chicago has gotten, they should have already won a championship or two by now.

I can't root for the Bulls because they're in our division and I never liked MJ, but I think the team has been very disappointing when looking at their talent level versus actual performance. They had some high draft picks a few years back, but ironically most of their high picks were in really awful drafts.

CableKC
07-07-2008, 08:00 PM
For those that watched the game....did anyone notice how DJ White did?

His Box Score wasn't very impressive. I even forgot that he was eventually traded to the Sonics.

dal9
07-07-2008, 08:06 PM

His Box Score wasn't very impressive. I even forgot that he was eventually traded to the Sonics.

He played OK; did not stand out by any means. But I think he's safely on the team.

Robertmto
07-07-2008, 08:23 PM

he hit a few of his patented 15 footers and had one put back off an o board. he'll make the team, he and westbrook were the main componenets of the offense runnin the PNR all game. Well when Jeff Green wasn't doin his best Kobe impersonation (and he missed about as many as him too)

Isaac
07-07-2008, 08:56 PM

Me too. I can't stand the Bulls. Growing up in Chicago during the Jordan years, my hatred for them grew to a point that no sports team will ever surpass.

Being a big fan of Beasley I was horrified to see the Bulls get the number 1 pick. I was so happy to see Rose pass him on the draft board, because I never got all the hype with Rose. I saw a lot of him at Simeon, and a lot of him at Memphis. He is not a number 1 pick by any stretch of the imagination.

The Bulls finally made a huge blunder.

croz24
07-07-2008, 09:10 PM
wasn't able to watch the game today, but it's encouraging to see calloway's statline. shawne can also be a really good player in the league if he ever gets it together mentally.

does anybody know if these games are archived?

dal9
07-08-2008, 01:36 AM
wasn't able to watch the game today, but it's encouraging to see calloway's statline. shawne can also be a really good player in the league if he ever gets it together mentally.

does anybody know if these games are archived?

i dont think they archive them.

heres a stat: Brook Lopez-- 20 mins, 0 rebs

LG33
07-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Didn't see the last game (Nets v. Magic). Anything stand out to anyone?

MillerTime
07-08-2008, 08:05 AM
just a reminder to everyone....all games are streamed for free on NBA.com

underwave
07-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Didn't see the last game (Nets v. Magic). Anything stand out to anyone?
lee, byars played for ORL and they kinda looked good. especially it was good to see derrick byars knocking on NBA door.(broadcasters said he played for german and french league) though he still didn't have that quick first step to pass through the defenders. both of them 'shot' very well.
and for for NJN CDR and Anderson caught my eyes. especially Anderson showed the quickness and scoring ability(made 2 3pointers-2/6). considering that he's a bigman he was quite impressive.(don't know he could handle his game in the NBA but i think he fits quite well in to the Pacers style) and for CDR he displayed his usual game, 'scoring'. thing is i don't know he has other parts of game in him. he kept the ball by himself quite long(maybe coaching staff ordered such play IMO)
other than that 4 players there wasn't any player that caught my eye. after checking the boxscore Jaycee Carroll did pretty well, though. i remember the broadcasting dudes praising awful lot about him, but as i checked the players to watch before the game(the quality of the camera angle made me to do so. i couldn't tell who's who), so. oh, Yuta Tabuse who played for the PHX showed up. it was good to see asian playing.(I'm south korean) that pretty much sums up the game.

naptownmenace
07-08-2008, 10:19 AM

I totally agree. I think that Beasley will wind up being the better player and possibly the best PF since Karl Malone.

Naptown_Seth
07-08-2008, 10:40 AM
But how about Beasley working toward a shot per minute statline. I mean you get 2-3 possessions per minute max.

One thing about summer is that it's sometimes tough to read. White looked better than Shawne in summer ball. Granger was expected to dominate his 2nd summer and never really did. Harrison tore up Bogut and nothing came of it.

I think you get a rough idea but it's definitely tricky to gauge. However I don't recall guys being absolutely outplayed and then doing okay in the season.

Slick Pinkham
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Seriously, Diener? Goes to show how insignifigent summer league games really are. Sometimes I forget that these guys are mostly outcasts. Maybe, Diener is the future. LOL

I think Bo Outlaw once averaged 30 points and 10 rebounds in summer league, then rode the pine for more than one team that same year.

LG33
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
lee, byars played for ORL and they kinda looked good. especially it was good to see derrick byars knocking on NBA door.(broadcasters said he played for german and french league) though he still didn't have that quick first step to pass through the defenders. both of them 'shot' very well.
and for for NJN CDR and Anderson caught my eyes. especially Anderson showed the quickness and scoring ability(made 2 3pointers-2/6). considering that he's a bigman he was quite impressive.(don't know he could handle his game in the NBA but i think he fits quite well in to the Pacers style) and for CDR he displayed his usual game, 'scoring'. thing is i don't know he has other parts of game in him. he kept the ball by himself quite long(maybe coaching staff ordered such play IMO)
other than that 4 players there wasn't any player that caught my eye. after checking the boxscore Jaycee Carroll did pretty well, though. i remember the broadcasting dudes praising awful lot about him, but as i checked the players to watch before the game(the quality of the camera angle made me to do so. i couldn't tell who's who), so. oh, Yuta Tabuse who played for the PHX showed up. it was good to see asian playing.(I'm south korean) that pretty much sums up the game.

Cool, thanks. If it's any consolation, my favorite South Korean NBA player was Ha-Seung Jin.

underwave
07-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Cool, thanks. If it's any consolation, my favorite South Korean NBA player was Ha-Seung Jin.
well. he was a first player to play in NBA. i'm fine with that. but disappointed when i heard he was kicked out from the roster because of the poor conditioning. he should have hustle/struggle to make the spot.
http://pds5.egloos.com/pds/200703/02/16/b0036216_11031343.jpg
i'm posting the news paper that says 'a storm like 2 assists(in yellow) - against New York Knicks Played for 1min 45sec, but failed to make he's first goal(in white)' no hard feelings about him, though. (this 'article' itself was pretty muched joked around in s.korea). i wish him the best!
well, apparently he was drafted #1 for this years KBL draft.:)
Edit: oh i found interesting thing to add. this years FA from MEM, Andre Brown actually played for KBL team.(played 54 games, averaged 21.5points-59.1 FG%, 11.4rebounds) i saw him play for MEM and also during his career in s.korea, and thing is he could be a nice add he we really don't have the back-up.(I heard lot of complement about him) well, just letting some of PD fans know.

LG33
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I used to dominate NBA Live '06 with Yao, Ha-Seung and Darko as my bigs with Luke Ridnour and Ray Allen in the backcourt. I can't wait to see some Olympic basketball this year though. Erazem Lorbek (Slovenia), Stanko Barac (Croatia), and Ha-Seung (S. Korea) all have to get past the qualifiers first.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/pres/qual/p/openNodeIDs/6663/selNodeID/6663/qual.html

1. Composition of groups:

Group A: Brazil, Greece and Lebanon

Group B: Cape Verde, Germany and New Zealand

Group C: Canada, Korea and Slovenia

Group D: Cameroon, Croatia and Puerto Rico

2. Preliminary Round:

14th July 2008:

Game A1: Greece vs. Lebanon
Game B1: New Zealand vs. Cape Verde
Game C1: Korea vs. Slovenia
Game D1: Croatia vs. Cameroon

15th July 2008:

Game A2: Lebanon vs. Brazil
Game B2: Cape Verde vs. Germany
Game C2: Slovenia vs. Canada
Game D2: Cameroon vs. Puerto Rico

16th July 2008:

Game A3: Brazil vs. Greece
Game B3: Germany vs. New Zealand
Game C3: Canada vs. Korea
Game D3: Puerto Rico vs. Croatia

The teams placed 1st and 2nd in each group will advance to the Quarter-Finals; the teams placed 3rd in each group will be eliminated and may return home. The games of the Preliminary Round and the Quarter-Finals will be played at 13:00 hours, 15:30 hours, 19:30 hours and 22:00 hours. The exact order of games will be fixed in March.

17th July 2008: Rest Day

3. Quarter-Finals:

18th July 2008:

Game 13: A1 vs. B2
Game 14: B1 vs. A2
Game 15: C1 vs. D2
Game 16: D1 vs. C2

The games of the Quarter-Finals will be played at 13:00 hours, 15:30 hours, 19:30 hours and 22:00 hours.

4. Semi-Finals:

19th July 2008:

Game 17: Winner 13 vs. Winner 15
Game 18: Winner 14 vs. Winner 16

The two winners of the Semi-Finals will qualify for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. The two losers will play in the Finals the game for the 3rd place (Game 19 below) for one remaining Olympic spot. The Semi-Final games will be played at 19:00 hours and 21:30 hours.

5. Finals:

20th July 2008:

Game 19 (20:00 hours): Loser 17 vs. Loser 18

The winner will qualify for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow, those commentators really don't want to be there...

They suck.

MyFavMartin
07-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Put Rush on Rose?

Placebo
07-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Put Rush on Rose?

is he playing?
I don't think so

spazzxb
07-08-2008, 07:10 PM
anyone else see them zoom in on rose while he missed a warmup layup? I found it humorous.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Ill try to keep everyone updated as much as i can.

Chi wins the tip. Rose loses it on the first posession.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
shwane williams fouled on a pull by tyrus thomas

CableKC
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Someone's going to have to matchup some #s with players.

I have no clue who is who since there is no color-commentary going.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Shawne makes 1 free throw.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
nice drive by sims for a easy bucket

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Calloway starts the game yay

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Someone's going to have to matchup some #s with players.

I have no clue who is who since there is no color-commentary going.

I have a big 23" monitor, I can see them all. :devil:

Dukins
nice drive and dish by graham

CableKC
Also...I heard that Bird was there to watch the game. Not sure if it's true or not since it's from the previous Color Commentary guys before.

spazzxb
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
who is the tall white guy who can't shoot?

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
williams actually looks like a POWER forward so far.

spazzxb
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I have a big 23" monitor, I can see them all. :devil:
and post at the same time?

I could hook my DVI to my 57 in DLP if you want a pissing comp. JK:-)

Dukins
who is the tall white guy who can't shoot?

josh davis

bambam
earl deserves a chance

Dukins
9-2 pacers lead

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:21 PM
earl deserves a chance

I hope earl makes it, he was 100% better than owens and most likely 75% better than diener. He has poise, something that cant be taught.

LG33
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Shawne is 4; Stephen is 23.

bambam
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
shouldnt shawne be scoring a d doing more than looking lost?

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Shawne is 4; Stephen is 23.

stephen is 23

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:24 PM
shawn as a ways to go, he looks lost.

spazzxb
josh davis

or pass, or block it seems.

and thx for the name

avoidingtheclowns
this is borderline unwatchable without D&G

also, didn't really get a good look at him, but is that heywood workman reffing?

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
nice pick by rose from calloway. shawne just throws it off the back of his teammate instead of the pg to bring it up the floor.

duke dynamite

also, didn't really get a good look at him, but is that heywood workman reffing?
Yeah, that's him alright.

bambam
is that Del Harris on the Bulls bench? I am telling you, that is big to have someone like him on a bench as a asst coach.

LG33
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Shawne looks like he has clueless teammates.

Dukins

a true pacer fan will watch no matter the commentary. that is woody.

LG33
Holy ****!

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM
woah nice dunk by a euro. off a miss.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:28 PM
shawne is a small forward, very small.

bambam
07-08-2008, 07:29 PM
way to force it sims

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:29 PM
calloway with the turnover, he made up for it with a deflection of the ball. he is really fast.

bulls 13 pacers 11 1st quarter.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey woody what are you doing, that wasnt a foul!

avoidingtheclowns
07-08-2008, 07:31 PM
a true pacer fan will watch no matter the commentary.

good to know

Dukins
ok calloway its about time to come out, who were you throwing it too.

LG33
So yeah, Travis Diener is better than him.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
good to know

it was a joke :-p

bambam
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Earl made bad pass. but got tebound and made a nice drive and forced a guy to foul him.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
God trade shawne please.

spazzxb

Hey LG, I like your view for the future. However, currently Brandon Rush's pic is an X. This makes it appear that you have eliminated Brandon. I request that you correct your sig. I really meant to be funny with this but that does not seem to be in the cards.,

ok now the pick is working and I am an Ahole:-(

bambam
SHOOT THE BALL SHAWNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Man I had high expectations for Shawne, but he is a bit disappointing, you would think he could dominate a summer league game.

LG33
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey LG, I like your view for the future. However, currently Brandon Rush's pic is an X. This makes it appear that you have eliminated Brandon. I request that you correct your sig. I really meant to be funny with this but that does not seem to be in the cards.,

ok now the pick is working and I am an Ahole:-(

It does that all the time. If I could find another same sized picture, I'd use it, but that hasn't been the case. So I'm stuck with this one, which sometimes shows and sometimes doesn't.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM

no HE IS CLUELESS.

LG33
07-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Too bad Jim O'Brien couldn't practice coaching during summer league.

Dukins
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
way to force it stephen.

spazzxb
07-08-2008, 07:41 PM
It does that all the time. If I could find another same sized picture, I'd use it, but that hasn't been the case. So I'm stuck with this one, which sometimes shows and sometimes doesn't.
So is the pic the problem or is the the host? Can't you just save it and host it somewhere else?

originally I thought you had removed Williams for not dominating the D-league. But Brandon hasn't had a chance to anger anyone so I asumed it was technical issues..

and this game is obviously captivating me:-)