PDA

View Full Version : More moves to come?

pwee31
06-27-2008, 01:54 AM
When you look at our proposed roster now. You have to believe more moves will come. At least one or two. Just look at the roster now.

PG: Ford, Tinsley, Jack, Diener
SG: Dunleavy,B. Rush, Quis, Graham
SF: Granger, Williams
PF: Murphy, Baston, mcRoberts
C: Foster, Rasho, Hibbert

FA: K. Rush, Owens, Murray, Harrison

I'm guessing the Free Agents will probably not be back, except maybe... MAYBE Kareem.

I think that's a solid team if we can add another solid PF or PF prospect. Be nice if Arthur was somehow added in the Portland deal.

Tinsley will probably be bought out unless a team is desperate for a PG. Maybe Denver or the Cavs can offer someone.

Quis, Foster and Shawne may bring us something back?

I just look at the roster, and feel there's another move to be made.

Maybe we play it out for the year, and then when a few contracts expire after the season, we go after a Boozer or Marion or some big post presence. Not saying they'll want to come to Indy, but money talks!

Hicks
06-27-2008, 02:58 AM
We may, we may not. Ground breaking, I know.

I just know that the talk around the time of the Golden State deal was, "Just look at this roster, the other shoe has to drop."

Never did.

CableKC
06-27-2008, 03:04 AM
When Tinsley is bought out...does he count for a roster spot?

I'm guessing not.

If that is the case...without resigning any of the current FA...which I do not see a need to....we have 15 players.

If we need another spot...we can buy out McRoberts...he only earns $700k.

I'm thinking that we aren't going to make any more moves for the rest of the season unless some deal comes along for Rasho/Dunleavy/Marquis.

I doubt that Foster is moved and will be resigned next season.

I'm guessing that Marquis is bought out after the trade deadline so that we can get CapSpace to fix whatever problems we encounter in the 2008-2009 season.

That leaves:

PG - Ford / Jack / Diener
SG - Dunleavy / Marquis / Rush
SF - Granger / Shawne / Graham
PF - Murphy / Foster / Baston / McRoberts
C - Rasho / Hibbert

Good enough for me.

jeffg-body
06-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah I have to agree that 1 or 2 moves will be made. I don't see Quis, McRoberts, Tinsley and possibly Swill being here at the start of the season. I would like to see Swill get another chance to see if he could be the guy at the #4 spot.

2minutes twowa
06-27-2008, 08:35 AM
I like McRoberts. He can shoot, pass, and rebound. I'm not too certain he was just a throw-in to this deal.

You might be right. I think McRobert just came out too early. Could be a solid bench player while he developes his game.