FrenchConnection
06-26-2008, 03:09 PM
This is breaking news on si.com.

Unclebuck
06-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow

idioteque
Holy toledo. Well, Yi got the big market that he wanted but never deserved (yet). I'll never be able to respect him for that reason.

Yi could end up to be better than Duncan and Jordan combined up in NJ, but he still wouldn't be worth the respect a fan would give to a player like Reggie who never demanded to be traded to a larger market when most people outside of Indy wouldn't have blamed him for it.

I doubt many people in Milwaukee ever bought his jersey, but if so, they should start a nice early summer BBQ with them and wash the food down with some of that great beer they brew up there.

Trader Joe
There has to be more to it than that. The Bucks aren't under the cap are they?

Isaac
06-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I wonder if the Bucks still take Joe Alexander.

FrenchConnection
Sorry about the misspelling in Yi's last name.

SoupIsGood
Holy cow.

Trader Joe

Doubt it. Man this really changes a lot.

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 03:12 PM
So Jersey won't be going big and they are set at PG. This points to them trying to trade their pick IMO.

D-BONE
06-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I wonder how this impacts what, if any, interest NJ has in Gallinari. Would seem to open up the SF spot for him or someone else.

JayRedd
06-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Holy toledo. Well, Yi got the big market that he wanted but never deserved (yet). I'll never be able to respect him for that reason.

Yi could end up to be better than Duncan and Jordan combined up in NJ, but he still wouldn't be worth the respect a fan would give to a player like Reggie who never demanded to be traded to a larger market when most people outside of Indy wouldn't have blamed him for it.

He had very little control of that situation.

Regardless, here's the story:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/specials/draft/2008/06/26/yi.jefferson.trade/index.html

SI.com
Ian Thomsen

Nets dealing Jefferson to Bucks for Yi

By Ian Thomsen, SI.com

The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Yi Jianlian to the New Jersey Nets for Richard Jefferson, a highly placed league source told SI.com. Other players and considerations will be included to make the package work financially.

31andonly
06-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Wow..really wow! That came out of nowhere..

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 03:14 PM
From SI.com:

Other players and considerations will be included to make the package work financially.

idioteque
06-26-2008, 03:15 PM
He had very little control of that situation.

Was it really the Chinese government who controlled him, or was it just agents that he had hired? I mean I know the government controls if he plays for the national team or not. But do they get any revenue from his NBA contract or what?

Isaac
06-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Maybe the Bucks take Augustin now. Then maybe New Jersey takes Alexander and we end up with Lopez, Love, Gordon or Westbrook.

Coop
06-26-2008, 03:16 PM
So what does this mean for our pick? Anything?

JayRedd
06-26-2008, 03:17 PM
But do they get any revenue from his NBA contract or what?

Yes.

2minutes twowa

To me it means one less team ahead of us that is looking for a big.

idioteque

I guess it means that Gallinari may be available, but I'm not wild about Danilo so I'd be pretty meh about that pick.

idioteque
06-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes.

Good to know. I still think you're the most informative poster on this board a lot of the time. Okay, then I am very aggravated with the Chinese government in the manner in which they treat their professional athletes. It's all about the almighty $$$ anymore which it has been for a very long time but in some circumstances it's still hard to get over.

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Good to know. I still think you're the most informative poster on this board a lot of the time. Okay, then I am very aggravated with the Chinese government in the manner in which they treat their professional athletes. It's all about the almighty $$$ anymore which it has been for a very long time but in some circumstances it's still hard to get over.

The Chinese have caught on to this capitalism thing pretty well:D

Trader Joe
The Chinese have a communist government. Its how they operate. The same thing is true with Yao, they get a large and I mean LARGE portion of his contract.

Trader Joe
The Chinese have caught to this capitalism thing pretty well:D
Yeah so well that they don't even use it.

CableKC
06-26-2008, 03:22 PM
FRAK....now they won't need a SF in the draft....which means that the Bucks become another team that could take a player of need from us.

SpADeD
06-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Over on RealGM someone posted it was Yi for Jefferson and Simmons.

croz24
06-26-2008, 03:23 PM
good. now joe will drop to us and we can take him at #11, and then take our big at #17.

CableKC
06-26-2008, 03:24 PM
So Jersey won't be going big and they are set at PG. This points to them trying to trade their pick IMO.
I don't think this changes anything for the Nets....they still have no Frontcourt. They still need a Big Man UNLESS the Bucks include Villanueva and/or Gadzuric.

idioteque
The Chinese have a communist government. Its how they operate. The same thing is true with Yao, they get a large and I mean LARGE portion of his contract.

I am by no means an expert on China even though I was an IR major in college, but my perception was that China had a pretty open capitalist market and that the government was only really communist anymore in the sense that they only have one legal political party and suppress dissent and all of that.

In other words, I didn't think their citizens were so highly taxed. Learn something new every day.

Honestly, I think the Chinese press could easily cover him no matter where he plays in the USA. But endorsement revenue is probably the kicker.

Isaac
Yeah so well that they don't even use it.

Obviously this isn't the place for that discussion, but have you been living under a rock the last 5 years?

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
I am by no means an expert on China even though I was an IR major in college, but my perception was that China had a pretty open capitalist market and that the government was only really communist anymore in the sense that they only have one legal political party and suppress dissent and all of that.

In other words, I didn't think their citizens were so highly taxed. Learn something new every day.

No, you're still taxed and limited and its still very hard to own property.

Lets put it this way there is still a ridiculous tax placed on every child after your first born.

Rajah Brown
06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
On a different tangent, supposedly LAC and SEA flipped spots. Sorry,
no link.

CableKC
06-26-2008, 03:26 PM
good. now joe will drop to us and we can take him at #11, and then take our big at #17.
I am guessing that Joe Alexander will be the Best Player available at 11...so it's possible....but do we really need yet another athletic Forward on this team that isn't a really a Big Man?

I'm hoping that if we draft Joe Alexander...it is part of some other trade up deal...maybe to the Blazers for something else.

However....this does mean that there is a chance that the Pacers...with the 11th pick actually become relavant again. I can see teams behind us being interested in Alexander IF he is still on the board at 11.

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Obviously this isn't the place for that discussion, but have you been living under a rock the last 5 years?

Anyone that thinks the people in CHina are treated to a Capitalist way of life is wrong. I have three adopted sisters from there, my family has done countless hours of research. Its still a communist country on the inside. China does a great job of portraying themselves to everyone else, but they are a bunch of fakes and cheats. They are currently in the process of building walls around their slums in Beijing so Olympic reporters can't get to them.

Coop
06-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm already getting confused with all these trades. I'm about to just say screw it and figure it out as the draft unfolds. It's getting impossible to predict who goes where and who will be available at 11.

CableKC
06-26-2008, 03:30 PM
no link.
Well...this draft day just becomes more interesting as we get closer to the Rose being called to the podium by Stern.

idioteque
06-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Anyone that thinks the people in CHina are treated to a Capitalist way of life is wrong. I have three adopted sisters from there, my family has done countless hours of research. Its still a communist country on the inside. China does a great job of portraying themselves to everyone else, but they are a bunch of fakes and cheats. They are currently in the process of building walls around their slums in Beijing so Olympic reporters can't get to them.

Interesting, I don't want this to get political, but I will probably PM you in a week or so when I have more time, I am interested in your POV, it's very different than anything I learned about China in school.

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Interesting, I don't want this to get political, but I will probably PM you in a week or so when I have more time, I am interested in your POV, it's very different than anything I learned about China in school.

If you wanna see something interesting, look up the taxes placed on items shipped into China. Its through the roof, but yes this isn't the time or place for that discussion, but I'm always happy to discuss it through PMs.

naptownmenace
06-26-2008, 03:33 PM
no link.

If that's true, this, added to the other two trades, is going to make for a very exciting draft!

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 03:35 PM
This really does change the draft for us now. This would appear to eliminate any chance of Gordon or Bayless dropping to us. Especially, if the Clipps and Sonics did switch spots.

btowncolt
06-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Wait, why are the Nets building a wall around Yi so the IRS and reporters can't tax items shipped to him?

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Wait, why are the Nets building a wall around Yi so the IRS and reporters can't tax items shipped to him?

:-p

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 03:37 PM

That's what the Chinese Government wants you to believe they're doing:D

JayRedd
06-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Update from SI.com

Now, all Jigga needs to do is pawn Vinsanity between now and 2010 and Bron Bron can come home to Brooklyn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/specials/draft/2008/06/26/yi.jefferson.trade/index.html

Ian Thomsen
SI.com

Nets dealing Jefferson to Bucks for Yi

By Ian Thomsen, SI.com

The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Yi Jianlian to the New Jersey Nets for Richard Jefferson, two league sources told SI.com.

The Bucks also are sending Bobby Simmons to the Nets. He has $20.5 million left on a contract that expires in the summer of 2010, when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh could become free agents.

This trade could be seen as a sign that the Nets truly are interested in getting involved in the LeBron sweepstakes, based in no small part on his close friendship with Nets minority owner Jay-Z. As a result of this trade, the Nets are no longer committed to paying Jefferson $15 million in 2010-11.

Yi's camp was said to be ecstatic about going to the rebuilding Nets and playing in a major market, which was one of the original concerns when he was drafted by the Bucks last year. Yi threatened to not sign with Milwaukee in hopes of forcing a trade to another team.

The Bucks, meanwhile, are providing new coach Scott Skiles with a veteran player who can help him win now. The Bucks also retain their No. 8 pick in the draft to further revamp their team. The Nets hold the No. 10 pick.

DEVELOPING STORY

EDIT: Mark Stein at ESPN.com has it now too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3462210

maragin
06-26-2008, 03:38 PM
no link.

From Chad Ford:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=DraftWatch-080626&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fdraft2008%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumni st%3dford_chad%26page%3dDraftWatch-080626

The Clippers and Sonics have agreed to swap picks as long as the Wolves take O.J. Mayo at No. 3. If Mayo isn't drafted at 3, the deal is off according to two sources close to the information.

With the No. 4 pick, expect the Clippers to take Eric Gordon of Indiana. They've coveted him as the type of dominant scorer that they've been looking for.

The Sonics will take Brook Lopez or Jerryd Bayless at No. 7. However it seems like Lopez will be the guy.

Isaac
06-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Bayless could slip to us.

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 03:41 PM
From Chad Ford:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=DraftWatch-080626&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fdraft2008%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumni st%3dford_chad%26page%3dDraftWatch-080626

The Clippers and Sonics have agreed to swap picks as long as the Wolves take O.J. Mayo at No. 3. If Mayo isn't drafted at 3, the deal is off according to two sources close to the information.

With the No. 4 pick, expect the Clippers to take Eric Gordon of Indiana. They've coveted him as the type of dominant scorer that they've been looking for.

The Sonics will take Brook Lopez or Jerryd Bayless at No. 7. However it seems like Lopez will be the guy.

So Bayless could fall to us. If Seattle goes with Lopez, then that leaves the Bucks, Bobcats and Nets. None of them are looking at PG! Unless they go BPA.

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Bayless at #11, Speights at #17?!:dance:

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Bayless could slip to us.

Maybe. Although that means Bucks and Kitties would both need to pass on him.

Coop
06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Hm..It looks like there's a good chance Bayless falls to 8. I think the Bucks will pass on him with Mo Williams, and Redd. The Bobcats could use him as a scorer, but the Nets probably wouldn't be interested with Harris and Carter. So if the Bobcats pass, he could be right there.

Edit: Going through the updated picks after all the trades, the only teams I would be worried about picking Bayless are the Knicks, and the Bobcats. The Knicks are sitting at 6 and every indication is that they like Gallinari. The only problem is, Walsh is the guy making the pick. This means he'll probably go with someone we aren't expecting, and that could be Bayless. They already have Crawford, but I could still see him taking the BPA and shipping everyone else out.

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 03:45 PM

After trading Yi, I would think the Bucks go big and the Bobcats are rumored to be going big so they can slide Okefur to his natural PF position.

Isaac
06-26-2008, 03:45 PM

The Bucks could very well take him, but I think Charlotte is going big. I even think they'll take Anthony Randolph ahead of a guard if Lopez and Love are gone.

If the Knicks take Gallinari, then Westbrook may be back in play for us as well.

If we have Gallinari and Alexander available to us I think we should trade down.

CableKC
06-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Well....let's look at the current landscape:

1 ) Bulls - Rose
2 ) Heat - Beasley or swapping with Grizzlies at 5 for Love?
3 ) TWolves - Mayo or Beasley?
4 ) Clips - Need PG or SG...maybe Westbrook?
5 ) Grizzlies - Need Big Man or swap with Heat at 2? Love, Beasley or Lopez?
6 ) Knicks - Best defensive Guard, PG available or maybe Gallinari. They should be able to pick a decent Guard ( Bayless, Gordon or Westbrook )
7 ) Sonics - ???? I'm guessing they get something along with trading down.....maybe Maggette? They still have a need for a Guard or Center?
8 ) Bucks - Now that they don't need a SF...I have no clue what they need to fix. No need for a PG since they have MoWill and Charlie Bell.....they may go for SG or Gordon IF they trade Redd?
9 ) Bobcats - They need a Big Man? Maybe Brook Lopez if he falls?
10 ) Nets - Still need Frontcourt Depth...may trade down?

Geez louise.....I agree with Indy...I think that this lessens the chance that a player like Gordon, Bayless or Lopez falls to us....but I think that it increases the chance that Joe Alexander or Gallinari falls to us....which may put us in a unique postion to do some further haggling and trading down along with getting back some assets.

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Well, I'm out. I'll be at the draft party tonight to hopefully cheer the great picks.

Brian
06-26-2008, 03:58 PM
I love it!..there has been so much action this draft year.

Maybe Yi will do better in his sophmore year for NJ,if he does blossom NJ could have a good team to watch (also depending on who they draft) Devin Harris,Yi,VC....could be pretty athletic team.

maragin
06-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Well....let's look at the current landscape:

1 ) Bulls - Rose
2 ) Heat - Beasley or swapping with Grizzlies at 5 for Love?
3 ) TWolves - Mayo or Beasley?
4 ) Clips - Need PG or SG...maybe Westbrook?
5 ) Grizzlies - Need Big Man or swap with Heat at 2? Love, Beasley or Lopez?
6 ) Knicks - Best defensive Guard, PG available or maybe Gallinari. They should be able to pick a decent Guard ( Bayless, Gordon or Westbrook )
7 ) Sonics - ???? I'm guessing they get something along with trading down.....maybe Maggette? They still have a need for a Guard or Center?
8 ) Bucks - Now that they don't need a SF...I have no clue what they need to fix. No need for a PG since they have MoWill and Charlie Bell.....they may go for SG or Gordon IF they trade Redd?
9 ) Bobcats - They need a Big Man? Maybe Brook Lopez if he falls?
10 ) Nets - Still need Frontcourt Depth...may trade down?

Geez louise.....I agree with Indy...I think that this lessens the chance that a player like Gordon, Bayless or Lopez falls to us....but I think that it increases the chance that Joe Alexander or Gallinari falls to us....which may put us in a unique postion to do some further haggling and trading down along with getting back some assets.

This post looks like a swarming mess of question marks, and I think that is an accurate depiction of the situation right now. (At least in my mind)

Phildog
06-26-2008, 04:03 PM

Lets put it this way there is still a ridiculous tax placed on every child after your first born.

You actually don't own property in China. They don't believe in it. You lease all property from the gov't, which is where most of their money comes from, not necessarily exorbitant taxes

rexnom
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I think the clips moved ahead because they heard Memphis/NY might take Gordon.

Isaac
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM

I agree, Either Love is no longer the frontrunner for Memphis or the Knicks are no longer interested in Gallinari, or both.

wooolus
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM

PLEASE RESTRAIN FROM SAYING STUFF THAT ARE COMPLETELY FALSE, THANK YOU!

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 04:24 PM
PLEASE RESTRAIN FROM SAYING STUFF THAT ARE COMPLETELY FALSE, THANK YOU!

I'm not sure which part you're referring to, but people are taxed out the wazoo for having another child after their first born.

I'm not gonna be lauding praises on a country that throws orphans in dumpsters when they run out of room.

Isaac
06-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure which part you're referring to, but people are taxed out the wazoo for having another child after their first born.

I'm not gonna be lauding praises on a country that throws orphans in dumpsters when they run out of room.

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that they are increasingly capatlist.

The gap between the rich and poor is getting wider and wider, which is a trait of capatalism, not communism.

Capitalism does not mean democracy.

Damn it, I'm in draft mode and here you have me talking politics.

Coop
06-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Seriously guys, make a different thread if you're going to argue politics.

After trying to play out every situation in my mind, I feel like we're just 1 or 2 picks too far back to really cash in on a great player (Bayless, Lopez). Any way we could swap picks with someone like the Bobcats? Maybe #11+Foster for #9+filler?

D-BONE
06-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Seriously guys, make a different thread if you're going to argue politics.

After trying to play out every situation in my mind, I feel like we're just 1 or 2 picks too far back to really cash in on a great player (Bayless, Lopez). Any way we could swap picks with someone like the Bobcats? Maybe #11+Foster for #9+filler?

I think we're precisely one player to deep to get into the top notch guys who seem to fit with what we need. Right now looks like we could be looking at Alexander, Gallinari, Agustin. However, sounds like Agustin is drawing interest prior to us. None of these fill an absolute need for us currently, although all three are good players.

The only thing to keep in mind how seemingly unpredictable its been to this point. Maybe something else unexpected comes down the pike in our favor.

rexnom
06-26-2008, 04:45 PM
We need to either act like we want to pick one of these guys or pick em and ask questions later.

CableKC
06-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Take Gordon at the 4th spot? Wow.....that's a reach.

JayRedd
06-26-2008, 04:49 PM
For a good, albeit old, article on Beijing's relationship with the Chinese Basketball Association and its players, read here:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F01EEDA143EF936A15757C0A9649C8B 63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

travmil
06-26-2008, 05:00 PM

The Chinese government doesn't give two craps about how much money Yao and Yi are making. While I'm sure they are not refusing their cut, they really only care that the two get lots of exposure and they have the chance to market big stars to 1.5 billion people. This let's them say "see, look what you can do, communism is the way!". I'll stop now before this gets closed and moved to UnPD, but it's true. Their contracts would have to be truly massive to make a real difference to China's bottom line.

GrangerRanger
06-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Wasn't Bobby Simmons included in this deal?

Mr. Sobchak
06-26-2008, 05:07 PM
gotta think the Bucks go with Love at #8 if he's there.

JayRedd
06-26-2008, 05:10 PM

Yes.

The Chinese government doesn't give two craps about how much money Yao and Yi are making. While I'm sure they are not refusing their cut, they really only care that the two get lots of exposure and they have the chance to market big stars to 1.5 billion people. This let's them say "see, look what you can do, communism is the way!". I'll stop now before this gets closed and moved to UnPD, but it's true. Their contracts would have to be truly massive to make a real difference to China's bottom line.

The financial benefit is more relevant to the Chinese Basketball Association than Beijing, of course.

From the numbers I've heard, the CBA takes back about 40% of Yao and other Chinese nationals' salaries (and endorsements), while Beijing gets something like 10%.

Obviously, the exact numbers are not all that transparent, but the amount Yao gets from the Rockets + Visa + Mac + Nike is well over $20 million per year. And 40% of that per year (plus the original $8 million-ish buyout Houston had to pay) is significant for the Chinese Basketball Association (and, I believe for his former team, the Shanghai Sharks, who may still also receive a small percentage of what the CBA takes in from Yao).

grace
06-26-2008, 05:15 PM

I'd be happy with that, but I don't think he's still going to be on the board then.

Mr. Sobchak
06-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I'd be happy with that, but I don't think he's still going to be on the board then.

So your a Bucks fan now then?

CableKC
06-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Are you saying that the Bucks somehow packaged Simmons with Yi to the Nets for RJeff?

Wow...has this been confirmed?

JayRedd
06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Are you saying that the Bucks somehow packaged Simmons with Yi to the Nets for RJeff?

Yes.

Marc Stein
ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3462210

Sources: Nets agree to trade Jefferson to Bucks for Yi, Simmons

The New Jersey Nets and Milwaukee Bucks are on the verge of a trade that will send Richard Jefferson to the Bucks for forwards Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the deal has been agreed to and submitted for league approval in advance of Thursday night's draft. No draft picks are involved in the trade, sources said.

Such a swap would create an estimated $10-plus million in long-term savings for the Nets as they continue to re-shape their team after trading another mainstay -- point guard Jason Kidd -- to Dallas in February.

The trade would also enable Yi to make a move to the larger media market he was hoping for this time last year, when Milwaukee drafted him out of China with the sixth overall pick. Kiki Vandeweghe, New Jersey's new general manager alongside team president Rod Thorn, is a longstanding Yi fan who has frequently likened the 7-footer's perimeter skills and potential to Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki.

The Bucks, meanwhile, would be supplying new coach Scott Skiles with a veteran player coming off his best season to fill a problem position. Jefferson averaged 22.7 points per game last season and played all 82 games after an injury-plagued 2006-07 season.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

avoidingtheclowns
06-26-2008, 05:24 PM

yeah it makes sense too. its the same reason they were interested in the vince for JO or RJeff for JO deals: to have contracts ending a year earlier.

grace
06-26-2008, 05:25 PM
So your a Bucks fan now then?

I can only name about 2 of their players, but I can name who the coach is so of course I'm a Bucks fan now.

rexnom
06-26-2008, 05:26 PM
I'd rather have LeBron with the Nets than the Knicks but somehow, I think he'll like his face on a billboard in downtown Manhattan more than Brooklyn.

JayRedd
06-26-2008, 05:29 PM
He'll have both.

CableKC
06-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Minor thing....but is this one of those "agreed to in principal" type trades that can't happen until after July 1st?

There does not appear to be any picks involved....I didn't think that teams can actively trade players that are not involved in the draft until sometime after the draft is done.

:shrug:

Ramitt
06-26-2008, 05:53 PM
To be fair the US gov seems to take a fair bit of my money when all is said and done,

Isaac
06-26-2008, 05:55 PM

I would bet a huge amount of money that the Bucks would not take Love when they already have Bogut.

avoidingtheclowns
06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
bucks will probably take the guard the clippers don't select (gordon or westbrook) -- i imagine they'd probably prefer westbrook because of defense.

Mr. Sobchak
06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
I would bet a huge amount of money that the Bucks would not take Love when they already have Bogut.

why? they have a glaring need at pf now that Yi is gone...

Isaac
06-26-2008, 06:14 PM
why? they have a glaring need at pf now that Yi is gone...

I just don't think Love is the type of power forward that would fit next to Bogut. Both are too slow and really play very similar styles.

I think they would be more likely to reach and take one of the athletic 4s like Randolph than to take Love.