PDA

View Full Version : AK47?

MyFavMartin
06-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Anybody think there's a chance of the Pacers getting AK while giving Utah some expirings to allow them to resign/extend Boozer? Deal might involve Foster and/or Dunleavey.

Doesn't AK play PF well in an up-tempo offense, similar to Marion?

Justin Tyme
06-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Anybody think there's a chance of the Pacers getting AK while giving Utah some expirings to allow them to resign/extend Boozer? Deal might involve Foster and/or Dunleavey.

Doesn't AK play PF well in an up-tempo offense, similar to Marion?

My understanding is he played some PF last season. I'd love having 47 as a Pacer. He can shoot, score, and PLAY "D"! He also is a shot blocker.

I'd do an AK 47 for Dunleavy and Quis trade. Both 47 and Dunleavy contracts are for 3 years with Quis a team option after this season. By not picking up Quis' option Utah is getting an expiring and saving them 14 mil the next 2 years. Dunleavy will be more than an adequate replacement for Utah at SF too.

I'm not sure Utah would do the deal thou, but I'd do the deal never looking back! JMOAA

Brian
06-26-2008, 04:05 PM
My understanding is he played some PF last season. I'd love having 47 as a Pacer. He can shoot, score, and PLAY "D"! He also is a shot blocker.

I'd do an AK 47 for Dunleavy and Quis trade. Both 47 and Dunleavy contracts are for 3 years with Quis a team option after this season. By not picking up Quis' option Utah is getting an expiring and saving them 14 mil the next 2 years. Dunleavy will be more than an adequate replacement for Utah at SF too.

I'm not sure Utah would do the deal thou, but I'd do the deal never looking back! JMOAA

If utah took that trade they would be close to being on a memphis/laker trade level.Plus Sloan likes hard nosed players who play D.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
If utah took that trade they would be close to being on a memphis/laker trade level.Plus Sloan likes hard nosed players who play D.

Just wishful fantasizing on my part.

Brian
06-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Just wishful fantasizing on my part.

Haha,nothing wrong with that.Im sure LA was thinking the same thing when they approached Memphis.

avoidingtheclowns
06-26-2008, 05:35 PM
AK is a PF. which is why he has struggled the last two seasons -- boozer was finally healthy and he had to be shifted to SF. AK isn't a remarkable perimeter defender and his real skill is help-side defense where he gets to roam the paint and swat away shots.

AK isn't a shooter though. not at all.

it would be tought to work out financially for us but i don't think the jazz would have a major problem trading him to another team -- allowing them the financial space to re-sign boozer AND deron.

JayRedd
06-26-2008, 05:42 PM
it would be tought to work out financially for us but i don't think the jazz would have a major problem trading him to another team -- allowing them the financial space to re-sign boozer AND deron.

Sloan would set him on fire if it meant getting that albatross off the books. AK-47 has a Top 10 worse contract in the League.

Anthem
06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Sloan would set him on fire if it meant getting that albatross off the books. AK-47 has a Top 10 worse contract in the League.
Excellent! We should go get him!

Just think... him and Murphy on the same team! :cloud9: