PDA

View Full Version : Who have you thought of?

Young
06-14-2004, 01:37 AM
Sitting here trying to think of who Bird and Walsh are going to get to help out in the backcourt is killing me!

There are so many possiabilties, and alot of them don't make enough sense.

The one player who would be perfect here is Manu Ginobli, IMO but he won't sign here and we can't trade for him as he is a free agent.

The two names that continuely pop up is Brent Barry and Quentien Richardson.

But BB has questionable defense and he may not want to sign here.

My gut feeling is that Q bolts to Portland and plays with his good friend, Darius Miles.

I've thought of Matt Harping but he is easily injured and Corey Maggette but I don't know if LA would do a swap of him and Al.

Not to many guys fit the bill it seems, good defender with nice shooting skills and someone who is capable of being the second opition.

More will be know on draft day, god I hope we don't trade Al for that stupid Chicago pick.

Who is your guess for Indiana to get?

bulletproof
06-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Right now? Paul Pierce or McGrady.

Bball
06-14-2004, 02:07 AM

I'm leaning toward Pierce. Do you have better info than what I am going on? .....I'm not going on much. Just Bird's connections and how things would shake out.

-Bball

Hicks
06-14-2004, 02:08 AM

Same here. But we just never seem to nab the big names, so I'll be pessimistic until if/when it happens. But I just think this summer could be different.

Snickers
06-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Here's a list of NBA 2-guards. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players?league=nba&position=sg)

A few that I'd like:

Raja Bell = good shooter, nothing spectacular
Jamal Crawford = :thumbsup:
Michael Finley = :thumbsup:
Fred Hoiberg = solid, not expensive
Larry Hughes = :thumbsup:
Joe Johnson = :thumbsup:
Voshon Lenard = :thumbsup:
Cory Maggette = :thumbsup:
Mike Miller = :thumbsup:
Cuttino Mobley = :thumbsup:
Flip Murray = :thumbsup:
Morris Peterson = not too bad
James Posey = :thumbsup:
Jason Richardson = :thumbsup:
Quentin Richardson = :thumbsup:

Snickers
06-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Obviously, Tmac or Pierce would be great. So would Kobe, for that matter. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Peck
06-14-2004, 02:33 AM
T-Mac or Pierce would be nice but if it's not available then Flip Murray might be the right move.

bulletproof
06-14-2004, 02:36 AM
T-Mac or Pierce would be nice but if it's not available then Flip Murray might be the right move.

Why Flip, Peck?

JOneal7
06-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Tmac will be here...mark KStats words...I think that's what he said? in that post he made? i forget if it wasn't him i apologize...:)

Natston
06-14-2004, 03:54 AM
WHat about Wesley Person? Maybe one our exemptions could get him...

Peck
06-14-2004, 04:52 AM

Why Flip, Peck?

He's young, but not so young as to need years to develop.

He more than doubled his scoring average from his rookie season to his second season.

While filling in for Ray Allen for 6 weeks the guy almost avg. 25 ppg.

He is a good shooter & is a decent all around scorer. He's not an outstanding defender, but he is not horrid.

This is really what you are going to get for Al. Your not going to get T-Mac or Pierce. We both agree that a s.g. is the # 1 need (not center) & while we might be able to snag Jason Richardson for Al, Flip is actually a better shooter. Jason is a better scorer but is not a good shooter.

The offense we run we need somebody to open things up so to speak.

I am including a link to an early post on ESPN about Murray.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1660191

TheSauceMaster
06-14-2004, 05:33 AM
The only thing that is killing me is all this Tmac Talk , I almost :puke: cause I am on Tmac overlaod , seems like ever other post is Tmac ;)

On the other Hand I have faith in Donnie and Larry to make what they think are the right choices for the team , afterall we need tweaking and not a major overhaul like some think we need or are suggesting. I would be happy if we got just a average SG and added a better Backup Center for Jeff.

I belive Jeff is a good Center , he has all the things with the exception of scoring and this could be worked on during the summer , you get Jeff to workout and give him a 12-15 jumper and his stock just went up.

We didn't need a Eric Damiper to Win 61 games , We didn't need a Brad Miller to win 61 games , we however did need a SG that could create and make shots from the outside to get to the finals, aside from injuries I think we were 1 Consistant SG away from making it too the Finals.

just my :twocents:

Natston
06-14-2004, 05:53 AM
The only thing that is killing me is all this Tmac Talk , I almost :puke: cause I am on Tmac overlaod , seems like ever other post is Tmac ;)

On the other Hand I have faith in Donnie and Larry to make what they think are the right choices for the team , afterall we need tweaking and not a major overhaul like some think we need or are suggesting. I would be happy if we got just a average SG and added a better Backup Center for Jeff.

I belive Jeff is a good Center , he has all the things with the exception of scoring and this could be worked on during the summer , you get Jeff to workout and give him a 12-15 jumper and his stock just went up.

We didn't need a Eric Damiper to Win 61 games , We didn't need a Brad Miller to win 61 games , we however did need a SG that could create and make shots from the outside to get to the finals, aside from injuries I think we were 1 Consistant SG away from making it too the Finals.

just my :twocents:

Amen.

We need minor tweaking, not overhaul galore. I'd be down right happy if we got a great player like Tracy sans trading JO or Artest, but I'm not going to let it consume my every post.

Unclebuck
06-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Peck, what you are forgetting, is that Murray was benched prior to Ray Allen coming back. I forget exactly what Nate said as the reasons, but defense and something about teams having figured him out.

I don't think he is any better overal than Freddie Jones.

SkipperZ
06-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Peck, what you are forgetting, is that Murray was benched prior to Ray Allen coming back. I forget exactly what Nate said as the reasons, but defense and something about teams having figured him out.

I don't think he is any better overal than Freddie Jones.

Thats right he was benched for his unwillingness to play any defense whatsoever. Flip is not who we need.

Jose Slaughter
06-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I'd mention his name once before but I think I'll bring it up again.

Rodney White

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rodney_white/index.html?nav=page

6-9, 230 & will be 24 two weeks from today. White has 3 years in already & has improved his shooting each season.

01-02 ----- 35.0 FG ----- 22.2 3pt FG

02-03 ----- 40.8 FG ----- 23.9 3pt FG

03-04 ----- 45.9 FG ----- 37.9 3pt FG

Since Peck mentioned Murray, I'll pass along his numbers from last season too.

Murray posted 42.5 FG & 29.3 3pt FG

Denver used White a lot a guard last season & he played pretty well there.

He doesn't get thought of much due to his height & being a reserve but he would be on my short list of guys I'd like to see us get.

White is now a free agent, the Nuggets did not pick up the option on his rookie deal. So he is there for the taking.

Another plus is, the Pistons selected White at #9 in the 2001 draft. It would be nice if he came here & helped us defeat his old team. :D

Snickers
06-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Jose, I wouldn't mind getting White. From the little bit of him I saw last season, I picked him out as a guy I wouldn't mind us signing or trading for, so long as the price is right.

We could do better, but we could do a lot worse.

ChicagoJ
06-14-2004, 11:12 AM
White is now a free agent, the Nuggets did not pick up the option on his rookie deal. So he is there for the taking.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, is it?

Snickers
06-14-2004, 11:15 AM

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, is it?

He's pretty much been seen as a bust so far. Detroit gave up on him, and seems the Nuggets are too. But in the right system, he could surely be a servicable 2nd- or 3rd-string 2/3.

Jose Slaughter
06-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Some thought one of our former centers was a bust too, until he played with better talent.