PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Questions

BillS
06-26-2008, 09:52 AM
So, since it looks like the house in Atlanta is going to sell, it looks like we can indulge one of my dreams and get season tickets.

I thought about the cheap ones in the Mountain Dew section, but I think those don't come with some of the benefits. I could be wrong.

For the season ticket holders (past and present) out there, I have some questions:

- How easy is it to get someone to use tickets you can't use? This refers to using some of the services out there - what are the good ones?

- How easy is it to swap if you get a half package - in other words, if we can't get to some of the games in our half but want to switch for a game in the other half? Do you know who has your seats for the other half season?

- How easy is it to "trade down or across" for more seats in another location if you need them? I suppose the same seat brokers from above can do it, is there anything available within the season ticket office?

- How easy is it to pick your seats?

- What things should we be aware of that make it easier or more difficult to do business with the season ticket folks?

Thanks - it's a big commitment so I want to get the best basis possible. The good news is my wife supports me all the way on it and is really wondering why we haven't done it already...

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 10:00 AM
You should be able to get very good seats right now, its just a matter of what you want to spend. We've always had tickets in the club level. We had full season from 03-07, and had half season this past year. You don't know who has the seats the other half of the year, but the ticket rep was always willing to find us seats in our section that were available for games we didn't have.
If you're willing to spend the money, club is a great deal. Lots of good places to get food up there, plus service in the seats. You can also usually get a parking pass out of your ticket rep for the season if you ask for one. You also get access to that restaurant up there, but I forget its name. Not Legends, the other one thats more buffet style. Its very good, and offers a nice little change up before the game.

Unclebuck
06-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Bill, I've never used any of the ticket services to sell my tickets, so I can't answer your question. I think it will be difficult to swap tickets.

The best thing to do is call the pacers and say you want to buy a season ticket package. At that exact moment, larry Bird, Jim O'Brien, and danny Granger will all helicopter to your house and make you feel welcome and they will do anything you say.

Seriously though - I would call and set an appointment to meet with a ticket rep, they can take you around and show you available seats and you can see the sightlines and decide where you want to sit. It is a buyers market right now. They will bend over backwards to make you feel welcomed. if you can ask for Chris Evans - he's a super nice guy

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 10:10 AM
I will agree with Buck. Right now the ticket reps are in sell, sell, sell mode. They won't make you a deal necessarily as the prices have already been lowered from what they've told me, but they will make you feel very important and like you are a valued part of the Pacers.

Hicks
06-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Yes, ask for Chris Evans. He can answer all of your questions and help you out considerably. He's the ST rep for I think at least a half dozen people on PD.

grace
06-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Sometimes it's not all that easy to get people to take tickets you're not going to use. I know there have been times that MR has had extra tickets that even people on here didn't grab up.

Doug
06-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes, ask for Chris Evans.

Seconded! Best. Ticket. Rep. Ever.

Doug
06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Also, I split a 1/2 season with another person, then generally try to sell 1/2 of mine - about 5 games.

Previously, it was fairly easy for me to find somebody to sell them too. Last year, I was only able to get sell of a couple of them, and those at a discount. I went to the others, so it wasn't all bad.

BillS
06-26-2008, 01:49 PM
We've always had tickets in the club level. We had full season from 03-07, and had half season this past year.

What's the thing about "contractual club seats" vs. the club seat ticket package? Do you have to buy a contract for the seat plus the season ticket, or are they separate?

AB1077
06-26-2008, 01:56 PM
What's the thing about "contractual club seats" vs. the club seat ticket package? Do you have to buy a contract for the seat plus the season ticket, or are they separate?

I believe that obligates you to buy them for a 3 year period or something to that effect. I could be wrong however.

Unclebuck
06-26-2008, 01:58 PM

I wouldn't worry about that now. I think that was only in effect for when Conseco first opened - they wanted to get a 3 year committment from people. But now they aren't so picky. Peck, might know more about this, he's had club seats for a few years

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
We had a three year deal, but now I think you can buy them on a season by season basis.

BillS
06-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't worry about that now. I think that was only in effect for when Conseco first opened - they wanted to get a 3 year committment from people. But now they aren't so picky. Peck, might know more about this, he's had club seats for a few years

Ahh, OK, so it's basically a discount if you commit to more than one year. Got it.

Not being in effect any more for new subscribers would explain why it doesn't show up anywhere except in the prices...