PDA

View Full Version : What's Ike's Status Now?

Justin Tyme
06-26-2008, 08:12 AM
What I have noticed, since the trade has been announce as coming about, is that no one has mentioned Ike. Ike was brought here as part of the GS trade, and alluded to as the crown jewel of the trade. He was to be the future JO replacement. Now, apparently with JO having been traded, posters, including myself, are looking in the draft for JO's replacement. What do you see as Ike's future? JO's heir apparent? B/u PF with the Pacers? No future with the Pacers? Traded?

Unclebuck
06-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Two things working against him.

1) he doesn't fit into O'Brien's system - offensive or defensive system

2) related to number 1 is he has no clue what-so-ever on how to play basketball. he has no feel for the game at all, nor does he have a mind for the game. And that is a deadly combo. He is completely lost on both ends of the court a lot of the time.

So as much as I had high hopes for the guy (he seems like a good guy and a hard worker) I just don't think he'll fit in to this team.

I know many think his height is a problem - but I think that is the least of his problems

count55
06-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Two things working against him.

1) he doesn't fit into O'Brien's system - offensive or defensive system

2) related to number 1 is he has no clue what-so-ever on how to play basketball. he has no feel for the game at all, nor does he have a mind for the game. And that is a deadly combo. He is completely lost on both ends of the court a lot of the time.

So as much as I had high hopes for the guy (he seems like a good guy and a hard worker) I just don't think he'll fit in to this team.

I know many think his height is a problem - but I think that is the least of his problems

I agree with this...I am hopeful that Chad Ford was right, and he still does have some value around the league. Perhaps we can package him with Tinsley or move him for a draft pick, because I don't think he's ever going to be productive, at least not here.

purdue101
06-26-2008, 08:21 AM
I would like to include him as sweetner in any deals we have upcoming. Possibly try and nab a late first for him (seems they are selling for peanuts).

If not, he should start the season as our starting PF. He needs a legitimate opportunity. I thought he played well at the beginning of last year. Keep in mind, he's in Vegas with JO right now at this "big man camp"

Justin Tyme
06-26-2008, 08:23 AM
I agree with this...I am hopeful that Chad Ford was right, and he still does have some value around the league. Perhaps we can package him with Tinsley or move him for a draft pick

My early Christmas present!

BlazinPacers247
06-26-2008, 08:26 AM
i say try ike first then go from there

2minutes twowa
06-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't mind trading him if the right deal came along. He played so well at the beginning of the year until he got injured, then fell out of the rotation.

Unclebuck
06-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Ike can score though - he is an outstanding face up shooter out to 15 feet (great ft shooter) and if he doesn't have a big defender on him he can score on any defender the same size or smaller - without any problem.

Hicks
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM
I almost wonder if you could try him in a system that effectively views the 3/4 spots interchangable....... the opposite way of how Jim sees them as interchangable. I'm talking a big, slow, brusing front court with two power forwards (and a center). Kind of like the 90's Knicks. Now I freely admit I don't know for a fact that that's what they did, but whenever I watch video of that team, that "small" forward of their sure as hell looked like a slightly undersized power forward to me.

Either way, I'm saying what if you tried Ike at the 3 in a slow-it-down, grind-it-out type of offense/defense system?