PDA

View Full Version : Come uppance...

bulletproof
06-14-2004, 01:34 AM
I found this post on the Lakers board on realgm. It's by a hardcore Lakers fan. It was posted before the series started. I like it because I think it's representative of their fans in general.

First, a big thanks to the Pistons for ending a Series that was brutal for all NBA fans to watch. You both set NBA records for frutility, you should be proud. But don't couch that WNBA-like shooting as Defense, because Lakers Fans know better...

Now, when you attack remember one thing, I PREDICTED before the season started, I picked the Lakers and Pistons to go to the Finals, I will try to dig up that thread tomorrow in the Laker Board.

But, this Laker Team is a Team for the ages, FOUR (count 'em), four Hall of Famers, your Team has NONE (that should be real easy to count), unless you talk about your GREAT Coach Brown (who is the main reason I picked you to win the L-East).

So sit back, grab a brew and enjoy the ride, it's gonna be mighty bumpy for you with no happy ending, the Lakers will dice the Pistons like a hot knife through butter. Oh sure you'll get your Fouls in on Shaq, but in the end, if you win TWO games you should consider that a moral victory...

Hicks
06-14-2004, 01:40 AM
It gets better, now their calling the game fixed, and that ESPN is bias against the West.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4203

:laugh: What pricks.

SycamoreKen
06-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Maybe that should read "Team of the Aged", or "Team of 4 HOFers and 10 less than mediocres" Even the Bulls were smart enough to surround Michael and Scottie with players with talent.

Grant
06-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Maybe that should read "Team of the Aged", or "Team of 4 HOFers and 10 less than mediocres" Even the Bulls were smart enough to surround Michael and Scottie with players with talent.

Yeah, the Lakers have really been exposed for their lack of depth. Kobe and Shaq are what they are, but there is nothing behind them

Gary and Karl are just shells of who they once were. They have a couple of young talents, but without Shaq and Kobe they wouldn't win 20 games.