PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford will be on 1070thefan....

Rajah Brown
06-23-2008, 03:02 PM
today with White and Kravitz. Not sure what time.

Unclebuck
06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I can monitor that and will let you know. He's not on right now.

Bob Kravitz is all excited about this possible deal. Great in three years he'll rip the Pacers saying they would have gotten more for JO as an expiring contract.

This caller is an absolute idiot - just hang up on him.

Kevin Lee is on right now, talking about racing.

Kegboy
06-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Bob Kravitz is all excited about this possible deal. Great in three months he'll rip the Pacers saying they would have gotten more for JO as an expiring contract.

Fixed.

Shade
06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I can monitor that and will let you know. He's not on right now.

Bob Kravitz is all excited about this possible deal. Great in three years he'll rip the Pacers saying they would have gotten more for JO as an expiring contract.

This caller is an absolute idiot - just hang up on him.

Kevin Lee is on right now, talking about racing.

That alone should be a huge red flag to everyone.

MyFavMartin
06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
maybe we can all learn a lesson from the GS trade and request a conditional 1st rounder if Toronto makes it to the ECF?

count55
06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
They're talking to Doug Smith from the Toronto Star now...he seems to think that the 17 would be in ...Raps aren't that thrilled with the guys available at 17.

count55
06-23-2008, 04:34 PM
This Smith guy seems to like the JO deal...he did say the Diaw deal was still alive, and there were about three other teams sniffing around...one of them was Sacramento, but I forget the other two.

idioteque
06-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Unless 17 turns out to be a real contributor, this trade will be a disaster. Ford will never play more than one 60+ game season for the Pacers, I'm throwing that out there now. Sure, Rasho has a nice expiring, but when was the last time the Pacers attracted an amazing free agent? Hopefully if the deal goes down LB has a trade in mind involving that contract.

indygeezer
06-23-2008, 04:43 PM
This Smith guy seems to like the JO deal...he did say the Diaw deal was still alive, and there were about three other teams sniffing around...one of them was Sacramento, but I forget the other two.

Ron Artest????

In talking about how little we gain from the expiring contract please remember that the Simons are now in charge and it is THEIR money they would be saving.

count55
06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Unless 17 turns out to be a real contributor, this trade will be a disaster. Ford will never play more than one 60+ game season for the Pacers, I'm throwing that out there now. Sure, Rasho has a nice expiring, but when was the last time the Pacers attracted an amazing free agent? Hopefully if the deal goes down LB has a trade in mind involving that contract.

In the two seasons prior to this past year, TJ Ford played in 72 and 75 games respectively.

His injury this past season that cost him 24 games was the result of a hard hit. Yes, it is reasonable to question whether he'll be a player like Gerald Wallace, who regularly throws his body around and puts himself in dangerous positions. That is difficult to tell. I will say, however, that he was relatively productive after returning from the injury (12.1pts, 5.8asts, 47% FG's in 23 minutes a night post All-Star break).

The risk with Ford is that he takes that hit that ends his career. Nobody knows if that's going to come. I believe the risk is acceptable, because if he doesn't take that hit, I believe he's going to consistently play 70+ games a year.

count55
06-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Ron Artest????

In talking about how little we gain from the expiring contract please remember that the Simons are now in charge and it is THEIR money they would be saving.

No, these teams are sniffing around Toronto for TJ Ford, not JO.

However, Artest to Toronto for Ford is one of the rumors.

indygeezer
06-23-2008, 04:54 PM
No, these teams are sniffing around Toronto for TJ Ford, not JO.

However, Artest to Toronto for Ford is one of the rumors.

Sorry, to clairfy I meant...."Artest to Toronto?????"

count55
06-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Sorry, to clairfy I meant...."Artest to Toronto?????"

K...sorry

Justin Tyme
06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Ron Artest????

Thank you for expressing what I have been saying for months!

Suaveness
06-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Chad is on

CableKC
06-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Chad says that the Raptors has insurance that would pay 80% due to his injury and then would come off the cap a season AFTER he gets injured ( if he gets injured ).

CableKC
06-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Ford is guessing......but he seems to believe that the Pacers should be able to get something better then the Raptors trade rumor.

Suaveness
06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
He says that it's possible Gordon could slip to 11

CableKC
06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Interesting....Ford says that he knows that teams have sent "spies" down to LV to check out JONeal in his workouts to see if he is healthy or not.

CableKC
06-23-2008, 05:23 PM
He says that it's possible Gordon could slip to 11
He think it's unlikely...but it's not out of the question that Gordon drops to us.....completely depending on what happens in the top 5-7.

Cactus Jax
06-23-2008, 07:13 PM
How about the Pacers do the JO to Toronto trade, then spin TJ Ford and 17 to Sacramento for Ron Artest and 12 :devil:

mrknowname
06-23-2008, 07:56 PM
How about the Pacers do the JO to Toronto trade, then spin TJ Ford and 17 to Sacramento for Ron Artest and 12 :devil:

we already have granger, don't want/need artest

but we do need a pg

Anthem
06-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Interesting....Ford says that he knows that teams have sent "spies" down to LV to check out JONeal in his workouts to see if he is healthy or not.
Any word on what they found?

CableKC
06-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Any word on what they found?
Nope....Ford just said that teams sent people to check him out in LV....unfortunately...he didn't say anything else.

At the very least, it suggests that there are teams that would be interested in him IF they had any inkling of how healthy or injured he is.

Bird should just video tape JONeal playing and then "leak" it to the public by putting it out to YouTube to show that he is healthy. Can anyone go to LV, sneak into the practice facilities and video tape JONeal's workout? :devil:

Naptown_Seth
06-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Since I think it was during this same day's broadcast, how about Kravitz basically confirming the JOB/Tinsley fued to Eddie.

Eddie asked him about some Tins comment and Bob sort of got into vague details that I don't think we'd had confirmed in public (or I missed them).

1) JOB was excited to coach Tins

2) Mid-season there was a big flare up in the film room (I assume PHX game)

3) Tins then quit on the team and eventually JOB quit on him.

Bob or Eddie even mentioned the "homework" list from JOB that left out Tins as being intentional. I never thought they'd go buyout style but this paired with Bird's comments today show me why Kravitz is so certain about Tins being gone. The word behind the scenes must be that he is regardless of what that takes.

Unclebuck
06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Since I think it was during this same day's broadcast, how about Kravitz basically confirming the JOB/Tinsley fued to Eddie.

Eddie asked him about some Tins comment and Bob sort of got into vague details that I don't think we'd had confirmed in public (or I missed them).

1) JOB was excited to coach Tins

2) Mid-season there was a big flare up in the film room (I assume PHX game)

3) Tins then quit on the team and eventually JOB quit on him.

Bob or Eddie even mentioned the "homework" list from JOB that left out Tins as being intentional. I never thought they'd go buyout style but this paired with Bird's comments today show me why Kravitz is so certain about Tins being gone. The word behind the scenes must be that he is regardless of what that takes.

I don't have any "inside info" but inside info isn't needed to figure out exactly what happened and when it happended between OB and Tinsley. (and there were some posters in this fine forum who were ripping JOB and acting like he had given into Tinsley - he didn't and Tinsley quit, and yes he was suspended that one game last season.