PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban likes Jermaine

Anthem
06-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Interesting post from his blog on the Olympics.

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2008/06/22/the-nba-and-the-olympics/

Of interest:

Lets put this in basketball terms...Would you trade KG, TD, Peja, Jermaine and 10 more all stars , and pay their salaries in case they get hurt , for ..........nothing.

That's an interesting list of people for Jermaine to be included in, especially for people who think he'll never play 40 games again.

Does this foretell some Indy/Dallas movement?

Raoul Duke
06-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Think you're reading too much in to it...JO for Dirk?? lol

Hicks
06-22-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't think it means anything. Hell, Peja's in that Big 4 of his, too.

BlueNGold
06-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm just as surprised that Peja is in that group. Yes, I think it's an odd statement and not sure at all why he picked those players.

Trader Joe
06-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I think Cubes is stuck in the NBA of four years ago.

Anthem
06-22-2008, 10:57 PM
JO for Dirk?? lol
Didn't say it, didn't think it. But he's implying that, in his opinion, Jermaine is still a valuable NBA player.

skyfire
06-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Aren't they just all players who have played in international tournaments in the past with big contracts?

jeffg-body
06-22-2008, 11:23 PM
No future predictions I believe, between Dallas and Indy.

Roaming Gnome
06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Or the thing in common is the amount of $Loot$ that would have to be paid if those guys go down in "meaningless" int'l competition.

rexnom
06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
That's from a post four years ago and that's the top four of the MVP voting four years ago. I wouldn't look into it too much.

Taterhead
06-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Interesting post from his blog on the Olympics.

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2008/06/22/the-nba-and-the-olympics/

Of interest:

That's an interesting list of people for Jermaine to be included in, especially for people who think he'll never play 40 games again.

Does this foretell some Indy/Dallas movement?

I think it could show some insight into the possibilities for sure. People still view Jermaine as an elite big man, IMO. I seriously doubt people around the league are nearly as pessimistic as basketball crazy Pacers fans who have suffered through 4 years of basketball misery. Jermaine is exactly what the Mavericks lack when he's healthy. And not everyone around the league is going to write off a talented 29 year old 7 footer because of a few nagging injuries.

Cuban certainly has deep enough pockets to view the 44 million as far less a risk than most other owners would. And that's the biggest downfall to a team wanting to aquire him. So why not, what other players out there could provide the Mavericks with what a healthy Jermaine could?

1. A post presence to help free up Dirk and Terry on the outside.
2. Help shutting down the lane and protecting the basket.
3. Rebounding
4. Pick and roll defense. The Mavs got pick and rolled to death by NO, and Jermaine is very good at defending it.

Anthem
06-23-2008, 12:35 AM
That's from a post four years ago and that's the top four of the MVP voting four years ago. I wouldn't look into it too much.
Man, you're right. At first I thought only the bolded part was old, but after further reading I realized that the whole piece was old.

A non-story.