PDA

View Full Version : Re-sign Rush?

Raoul Duke
06-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Any word on if we are keeping him or what?

Hicks
06-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I haven't seen anything about it, but personally I think it's more likely he goes someplace else.

Infinite MAN_force
06-22-2008, 11:12 PM
I doubt it, he was pretty much totally out of the rotation by the end of the year.

I think TPTB want to thin out the wing rotation a bit to find more playing time for Shawne and Stephan Graham.

jeffg-body
06-22-2008, 11:24 PM
He'll get much better $$$ to play elsewhere than what we are willing to give.

Haggard
06-23-2008, 04:02 AM
I would like to see him return next season. He should be cheap enough to fill out our bench, has an outside shot and really tightened up his D this season.

Justin Tyme
06-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I doubt it, he was pretty much totally out of the rotation by the end of the year.

I think TPTB want to thin out the wing rotation a bit to find more playing time for Shawne and Stephan Graham.

I agree. I want to see both get plenty of playing time. With this being Shawne's 3rd season, it's a make or break season for him. I hope he's been working on something other than shooting 3's! If not, good-bye Shawne, and hello someone else.

Anthem
06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Depends on who we draft. If we get a SG, then no.

Evan_The_Dude
06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
I think it all depends on what happens with Marquis Daniels.

duke dynamite
06-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I would like to see him return next season. He should be cheap enough to fill out our bench, has an outside shot and really tightened up his D this season.
This is how I feel. However, I do think there are teams interested in picking him up for a year or so like we did.

JayRedd
06-24-2008, 05:46 PM
I think it all depends on what happens with Marquis Daniels.

Still crossing my fingers for traffic accident.

LoneGranger33
06-24-2008, 05:57 PM

That's horrible. A traffic accident would involve other people.

It's bad enough our team president wants Tinsley to fall into a frozen lake.

tadscout
06-24-2008, 06:08 PM
That's horrible. A traffic accident would involve other people.

It's bad enough our team president wants Tinsley to fall into a frozen lake.

No he said Shawne was on thin ice and Tinsley was below that...

Therefore Tinsley is already in the frozen lake, and thus the reason we haven't heard of any incidents lately...

Larry has taken, taking over for the Godfather very seriously...

AnotherBirdCreation
06-24-2008, 08:47 PM
What would be crazy is if we drafted his brother Brandon and that cost him his job.

duke dynamite
06-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Either way, Kareem is out. That and I don't think we can come close to getting Brandon.

Kemo
06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I wish we would get rid of Marquis and keep Rush..

I think if Rush actually STAYED with a team.. such as ours... he could develop his game so much more....

His career journeyman reputation needs to end in order for him to actually become more than he is...

I STILL think he has alot of untapped potential.. and if given some more playing time over this next season , maybe he will come around.... he should definitely be cheap enough as a good bench player... unless he miraculously does a 180 and works himself into a starting caliber player.... which he will only do if he stays with a team more than a year

Hicks
06-24-2008, 10:03 PM

Not funny.

Robertmto
06-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Not funny.

I laughed :confused:

LoneGranger33
06-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't say anything bad about the guy...he looks like he's killed before.

Robertmto
06-24-2008, 10:44 PM
JayRedd, Hicks, or Q6?

JayRedd
06-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Either way, Kareem is out. That and I don't think we can come close to getting Brandon.

He should be there at 11.

And I just meant I wanted his insurance rates to go up.

Young
06-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Well I would like to keep Kareem.

I like him better than Marquis and if Shawne is on thin ice then it makes me want to keep Kareem more.

What I think this could come down to is Kareem or Flip Murray? Me, depending on our point guard situation I would rather keep Flip. He did help us out there at the end of the year and while he isn't the long term answer he can help us out at both backcourt spots.

Kareem should be playing somewhere in the league next season though. I could see him going back to the Lakers.

Lord Helmet
06-25-2008, 03:05 AM
I haven't seen anything about re-signing Rush.

I wouldn't mind to have him, but it did seem he was always in and out of the rotation and not getting solid minutes.

My guess is he'll be signed by a team and given decent cash that we really don't need to be paying for a guy that isn't consistently getting time on the floor.

I wouldn't mind to keep him, though as he is a really fun player to watch when he's in a groove.

NuffSaid
06-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I doubt Kareem Rush gets re-signed by the Pacers. Being here was an opportunity for him to get back into the league. For the Pacers, it was a chance to get a decent character guy out on the floor on the cheap who could also score the ball from downtown. He didn't do it exceptionally well, but he showed he could still shot the rock from downtown, as well as other facets of his game that may get the attention of other league GMs. I'd say this was a win-win "1-and-Done" scenario for both sides.

Let "Rush Hour" fade away feeling good about himself and make room for Stephen Graham.