PDA

View Full Version : Who don't you want the Pacer's to take with their 11th pick.

Will Galen
06-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm a draft junky and read everything I can find relating to who teams are likely to pick. On here, as elsewhere, I find a lot of strong opinions on players. It's easy to find someone that love's a player and another who hates him.

My point is, whoever the Pacers pick, someone will be very unhappy about it. So who do you dislike the most? I figure a poll is in order, so I'll post it as soon as I get it together.

The question will be, 'What players don't you want the Pacers to pick at 11?'

Your reason doesn't matter. It could be you don't like the player, or you just think it's to soon to take a guy. Or you think he would be a bad fit, etc.

I left Beasley and Rose out for obvious reasons.

And you can vote more than once.

aero
06-22-2008, 09:30 PM
I dont want Eric Gordon. He is talented that is for sure, I just dont think he would fit our scheme...but thats just me....

Robertmto
06-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I dont want Eric Gordon. He is talented that is for sure, I just dont think he would fit our scheme...but thats just me....

You don't think EJ could chuck up 3s all day? Ummm.....

NapTonius Monk
06-22-2008, 09:37 PM
DeAndre Jordan, and I'm not too sure about Anthony Randolph.

Infinite MAN_force
06-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I voted for everyone except Mayo, Bayless, Love, B. Lopez, Gordon, Westbrook, and Speights.

Speights is the only one who will almost surely be there. I think Mayo and Bayless are the only ones who almost surely will not. Although most of the others besides Speights seem pretty unlikely, it is possible one of them drops.

If none of those players were available, I would be a big fan of trading down. A team desperate for a point guard would probably trade up for Augustin, or if Arthur, Gallinari, Alexander, or Randolph were there, they would probably generate a lot of interest too.

I don't like Augustin because of size/defensive issues. Alexander is another small forward and I think a bit over rated due to his athleticism... I don't think he will ever be better than Danny Granger. Gallinari's game is very similar to Dunleavy, but totally unproven. Arthur is too small and a poor rebounder, and Randoph is a project, and probably a bust, IMO.

Shade
06-22-2008, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't mind the Pacers taking Speights or Chalmers, but #11 may be a little high for either of them. I do really want Chalmers, though, I would just prefer we get the most value for our pick that we can.

I'm also iffy on Arthur; we already have a tweener project in Diogu.

I will freak if we take Koufos or Hibbert, and I won't be happy with the likes of Jordan or Randolph, either.

The only bigs on that list that are locks for me would be Love or Brook Lopez, both of whom I believe will be gone by #11.

Kegboy
06-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Since Budinger withdrew, there's no-one that I will absolutely Shawne Williams-esque freak about if we draft.

That said, I don't want a project Big. History is littered with big man busts in the late lottery. That includes Kofous, even though I kinda like the kid. And it'd be worth it just to see everyone on here have a heart attack. :devil:

Trader Joe
06-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Since Budinger withdrew, there's no-one that I will absolutely Shawne Williams-esque freak about if we draft.

That said, I don't want a project Big. History is littered with big man busts in the late lottery. That includes Kofous, even though I kinda like the kid. And it'd be worth it just to see everyone on here have a heart attack. :devil:

I don't mind Koufos. I just don't think I'd be happy about it if we took him at 11.

Mr. Sobchak
06-22-2008, 11:36 PM
I can't wait for that hand full of people to freak out and go crazy no matter who we pick at 11 before even seeing them play for us. I can't stand that. I may not agree with the pick we make but I'm certainly willing to give anyone a chance and I won't criticize TPTB until I see our pick get some pt.

tadscout
06-22-2008, 11:51 PM
I can't wait for that hand full of people to freak out and go crazy no matter who we pick at 11 before even seeing them play for us. I can't stand that. I may not agree with the pick we make but I'm certainly willing to give anyone a chance and I won't criticize TPTB until I see our pick get some pt.

:amen::cheers:

Will Galen
06-22-2008, 11:58 PM

Adult points of view aren't wanted here! (hehe)

imawhat
06-23-2008, 12:09 AM

I am hoping to freak out (in a good way). Say, for example, Love drops.

Will Galen
06-23-2008, 08:44 AM
The poll shows of the players the Pacers can likely draft, Speights would be the one to make the least of us upset.

However if the Pacers draft Koufos . . . whooooeeeee! Over 80% of us wouldn't like that!

Anthem
06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
The poll shows of the players the Pacers can likely draft, Speights would be the one to make the least of us upset.
Or Gordon. That would only bother croz and grace, and they're always bothered anyway. :D

Unclebuck
06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
It seems as though Augustin is the general consensus in most of the mock drafts I have seen. A funny thing will happen if the pacers for whatever reason don't take him. Pacers fans will be upset - it is as though the pacers are supposed to take him and if they don't it will be perceived as though the pacers made a mistake. Happens every year

I don't know anything first hand about any of the players. But I want the pacers to take the best player - regardless of position. Pacers should take the player they believe will be the best player 3 years from now.

For example - Chris paul is the best player in the 2005 draft and yet he was taken 4th. Brandon Roy is the best player in the 2006 draft and yet he was taken number 6

idioteque
06-23-2008, 11:09 AM
I would be happy with Speights because he seems NBA ready now. But I think Larry could be turned off by his perceived character issues and the fact that he seems to take plays off frequently. I am really thinking the Pacers are going to draft Arthur, LB just seems to love long, athletic, tweener type players. I'd rather see Speights, but my prediction is Speights and Arthur will be on the board when the Pacers draft and they will pick Arthur and fans will freak out.

Augustin? I don't even think he's really being considered. The Pacers hardly ever draft who the pundits say we will.

Mourning
06-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Arghhh, sorry, botched it! Read it the other way around... :arrgh:

The player I DON'T WANT most would have to be Jordan.

Naptown_Seth
06-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't mind the Pacers taking Speights or Chalmers, but #11 may be a little high for either of them. I do really want Chalmers, though, I would just prefer we get the most value for our pick that we can.

I'm also iffy on Arthur; we already have a tweener project in Diogu.

I will freak if we take Koufos or Hibbert, and I won't be happy with the likes of Jordan or Randolph, either.

The only bigs on that list that are locks for me would be Love or Brook Lopez, both of whom I believe will be gone by #11.
I agree on Chalmers. Hate to take him there but hate to let him go either (if you have 11/17 going).

Arthur's not a project, he's polished as heck and plays a smart game. He's more smaller Camby than Ike-like in terms of movement, but he has a killer post game, moves all over the place and a jumper to keep you honest in the PnR.

Koufos, Hibbert, Randolph, Jordan - totally agree. Please lord no.

Kegboy
06-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Or Gordon. That would only bother croz and grace, and they're always bothered anyway. :D

Actually, I think she'd be happy that Milwaukee didn't draft him.

Bball
06-23-2008, 06:15 PM
I would be happy with Speights because he seems NBA ready now. But I think Larry could be turned off by his perceived character issues and the fact that he seems to take plays off frequently. I am really thinking the Pacers are going to draft Arthur, LB just seems to love long, athletic, tweener type players. I'd rather see Speights, but my prediction is Speights and Arthur will be on the board when the Pacers draft and they will pick Arthur and fans will freak out.

Augustin? I don't even think he's really being considered. The Pacers hardly ever draft who the pundits say we will.

Is it Bird who likes the 'tweeners'? Walsh seemed to have a penchant for them himself. I was never sure if it was his idea or Isiah's to have a team of interchangable parts which is something they talked about. It always seemed like a jack of all trades, master of none approach to me.... If Bird is of that same mindset then I'll guess we'll see but I'm not convinced of it yet.

Justin Tyme
06-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I would be happy with Speights because he seems NBA ready now. But I think Larry could be turned off by his perceived character issues

What character issues are you referring to? No where have I read about him having character issues.

Will Galen
06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Is it Bird who likes the 'tweeners'? Walsh seemed to have a penchant for them himself. I was never sure if it was his idea or Isiah's to have a team of interchangable parts which is something they talked about. It always seemed like a jack of all trades, master of none approach to me.... If Bird is of that same mindset then I'll guess we'll see but I'm not convinced of it yet.

Paraphrasing here; Donnie once said what he would like would be a starting five of interchangeable 6'9 players that could all shoot, pass, and defend.

Isiah bought into that, but I don't know about bird.

idioteque
06-24-2008, 12:29 AM
What character issues are you referring to? No where have I read about him having character issues.

I don't mean character as in criminal issues. More like a general laziness that I derived from reading in multiple scouting reports that he has been soft and poorly conditioned in the past.

Justin Tyme
06-24-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't mean character as in criminal issues. More like a general laziness that I derived from reading in multiple scouting reports that he has been soft and poorly conditioned in the past.

I've not read that either. The only thing negative thing I read about Speights was in regards to his interview not being the most polished. That shouldn't cause Bird a problem. I'm sure Bird can relate to it.