PDA

View Full Version : RealGm's latest mock draft

pwee31
06-22-2008, 07:18 PM
this would be interesting

http://www.realgm.com/src_feature/1273/20080622/2008_nba_mock_draft_version_110_(first_of_draft_we ek)/

1. Derrick Rose
Point Guard. Memphis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Michael Beasley
Power Forward. Kansas State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. O.J. Mayo
Shooting Guard. USC

4. Jerryd Bayless
Combo Guard. Arizona

5. Kevin Love
Power Forward. UCLA

6. Russell Westbrook
Combo Guard. UCLA

7. D.J. Augustin
Point Guard. Texas

8. Joe Alexander
Small Forward. West Virginia

9. Brook Lopez
Center. Stanford

10. Danilo Gallinari
Small Forward. Italy

11. Eric Gordon
Shooting Guard. Indiana

12. Anthony Randolph
Power Forward. LSU

13. Brandon Rush
Shooting Guard. Kansas

14. Marreese Speights
Power Forward. Florida

15. DeAndre Jordan
Center. Texas A&M

16. Darrell Arthur
Power Forward. Kansas

17. Kosta Koufos
Center. Ohio State

18. Donte Greene
Small Forward. Syracuse

19. J.J. Hickson
Power Forward. N.C. State

20. Mario Chalmers
Point Guard. Kansas

21. Robin Lopez
Forward/Center. Stanford

22. Chris Douglas-Roberts
Shooting Guard. Memphis

23. Roy Hibbert
Center. Georgetown

24. Alexis Ajinca
Center. HTV Hyeres-Toulon

25. Bill Walker
Small Forward. Kansas State

26. Javale McGee
Center. Nevada

27. Nicolas Batum
Small Forward. France

28. J.R. Giddens
Shooting Guard. New Mexico

29. Ryan Anderson
Small Forward. California

30. Courtney Lee
Shooting Guard. Western Kentucky

CableKC
06-22-2008, 07:26 PM
From what I can tell from most of the Mock Drafts and what will likely affect who is available to us is who the Knicks and the Clippers pick....both appear to be in the market for SGs....with the Clips in the market for a PG as well. If the Knicks go with a defensive minded SG...they can go for Westbrook or Gordon...whereas if they go a different direction....the Clips can do the same with Westbrook, Gordon or ( as the RealGM Mock suggests ) Augustin. If either team goes for a Non-Guard.....Westbrook or Gordon can fall to us.

Justin Tyme
06-22-2008, 07:40 PM
From what I can tell from most of the Mock Drafts and what will likely affect who is available to us is who the Knicks and the Clippers pick....both appear to be in the market for SGs....with the Clips in the market for a PG as well. If the Knicks go with a defensive minded SG...they can go for Westbrook or Gordon...whereas if they go a different direction....the Clips can do the same with Westbrook, Gordon or ( as the RealGM Mock suggests ) Augustin. If either team goes for a Non-Guard.....Westbrook or Gordon can fall to us.

Could we have another UCLA and IU draft scenario? I'll take the UCLA player again!:)

CableKC
06-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Could we have another UCLA and IU draft scenario? I'll take that UCLA player again!:)
I would likely take Westbrook over Gordon....but it's obvious that he will be picked before we draft. Gordon...on the other hand....may drop to us IF the Clips go another route.

Rajah Brown
06-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Why would NY choose a SG when Crawford is arguably their best
player and should fit pretty well in D'Antoni's system ?

Justin Tyme
06-22-2008, 08:21 PM

I feel teams that are interested in Westbrook are interested in him as a PG not a SG.

YoSoyIndy
06-22-2008, 08:27 PM
This is the first mock I've seen that has Gordon falling to us -- it's something I've been thinking could happen.

And, I think TPTB would pass on him.

CableKC
06-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Cuz DW wants to focus on defense and Westbrook fits the bill and hope that he can fill the PG role in the future.

Will Galen
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Other than three spots, this is a great mock draft! I say that because it's just like my latest mock except for three picks! (grin)

I keep going back and forth on Gordon falling to us. I think we have a good shot if the Clippers take Augustin.

Plus I think Randolph is in free fall and won't make the lottery because of his bad workouts and borderline Psyche tests. From what I read he doesn't seem to care and is just going though the motions. Give him a bunch of money and he could get worse. Someone will take him on potential though, I just think the lottery teams will take someone more stable.

Robertmto
06-22-2008, 09:38 PM
I will die if we take Koufos over Hibbert. Our main weakness is Interior D, so we pass on the 7-2 guy and take the softer Euro big....:(

Rajah Brown
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
CableKC-

Ahh, that must be why he hired a head coach who has about as
much interest in the defensive end of the court as Paul Westhead
did in his Loyola-Maymount days.

Will Galen
06-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I will die if we take Koufos over Hibbert. Our main weakness is Interior D, so we pass on the 7-2 guy and take the softer Euro big....:(

It appears to me that you have a death wish. (grin0 Why? Because you're going to jump off the roof, or you are going to die if so and so is taken.

Like I told you before, wait until we see how they turn out. It could be a case of you wanting Steve Alford and the Pacers take Reggie Miller. You never really know.

Robertmto
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
It appears to me that you have a death wish. (grin0 Why? Because you're going to jump off the roof, or you are going to die if so and so is taken.

Like I told you before, wait until we see how they turn out. It could be a case of you wanting Steve Alford and the Pacers take Reggie Miller. You never really know.

No I will die. Kosta may be good yes, but he's nothign close to what we need,

Shade
06-22-2008, 10:31 PM
EJ at #11?! That would be unbelievable. :pray:

Shade
06-22-2008, 10:32 PM

I will die if we take Koufos or Hibbert. They both suck. :thumbsdow

Infinite MAN_force
06-22-2008, 10:33 PM
CableKC-

Ahh, that must be why he hired a head coach who has about as
much interest in the defensive end of the court as Paul Westhead
did in his Loyola-Maymount days.

I'm getting sick of reading stuff like this. There are legit questions about Obie's system, don't get me wrong, but saying he has no interest in defense is just an ignorant statement. Defense is pretty much all he has talked about since the day he was hired. He even had Tinsley talking about Defense in post game interviews.

Maybe his system doesn't work, or maybe we just have a lot of poor defensive players on the team (hmm... :-p), but how can you say his commitment to defense is in question... read an interview with him for god's sake.

Infinite MAN_force
06-22-2008, 10:37 PM

Actually, it was me who said the thing about jumping off a building, and I stand by my statement.

I will gladly organize the unruly mob, with pitchforks and torches, to storm Conseco and demand the head of Larry Bird if Kosta Koufos is our pick at 11.

Hicks
06-22-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm getting sick of reading stuff like this. There are legit questions about Obie's system, don't get me wrong, but saying he has no interest in defense is just an ignorant statement. Defense is pretty much all he has talked about since the day he was hired. He even had Tinsley talking about Defense in post game interviews.

Maybe his system doesn't work, or maybe we just have a lot of poor defensive players on the team (hmm... :-p), but how can you say his commitment to defense is in question... read an interview with him for god's sake.

x2

tadscout
06-22-2008, 10:55 PM

I completely agree... :cheers:

Kegboy
06-22-2008, 11:03 PM
If Gordon falls to us, that's just fine by me. But I'm still not calling him EJ.

As for Jimmy, actions speak louder than words. Find me a coach who doesn't say defense is a priority. Even Westhead does.

BlueNGold
06-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Talk is cheap and means nothing. There are few coaches who do not say the same things, but there are also not many that have the right strategy...even when they have the assets.

...and it's not going to be an excuse that he doesn't have the players to get it done. That's never kept anyone a job or stopped the criticism. Hopefully we pick up some good talent over the next couple weeks...

PR07
06-23-2008, 12:55 AM
If Draftexpress is correct in that Seattle actually prefers Brook Lopez to Jerryd Bayless, I think it could create the perfect storm that sends Eric Gordon to the Pacers. Bayless drops to the Knicks who have to take him by the looks of things. Then, it's down to the Clippers, Gordon or Westbrook? If they choose Westbrook, Gordon likely slips to the Pacers.

If the Clippers choose Gordon though, then I think the Bobcats take Westbrook, and the Pacers are probably left with DJ Augustin or someone else.

Merz
06-23-2008, 01:24 AM

I believe he was talking about the Knicks hiring D'Antoni, not the Pacers hiring Obie.

Will Galen
06-23-2008, 01:41 AM
I believe he was talking about the Knicks hiring D'Antoni, not the Pacers hiring Obie.
Egg meet face.

Isaac
06-23-2008, 01:52 AM
There are 2 instances in this thread where people incorrectly think someone is talking about the Pacers when they are talking about another team.

Hicks
06-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Regardless of the validity of the trigger (D'Antoni vs. speaking of O'Brien), this is still a current issue with our team.

The fact is, Jim's/Dick's team defense is similar to the Hornets and the Celtics, so I point to the players, not them.

Infinite MAN_force
06-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Egg meet face.

:D

whoops. I guess it was kind of a knee-jerk reaction, somebody posted something similar about Obrien recently and I was sort of annoyed at the recurring theme of it.

It is probably a more accurate statement when applied to Mike D.

Infinite MAN_force
06-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Regardless of the validity of the trigger (D'Antoni vs. speaking of O'Brien), this is still a current issue with our team.

The fact is, Jim's/Dick's team defense is similar to the Hornets and the Celtics, so I point to the players, not them.

There is a certain "blame the coach" sentiment that goes on when a team is not performing that is not always fair IMO.

I have seen a lot of positive things go on under Obrien's watch, Murphy and Dunleavy both stepped up their games significantly under him, and granger's development has come along very nicely. I also like the fact that he has gotten Jeff Foster shooting (and making) jumpshots. Final judgement should be reserved until we at least fill glaring holes at certain positions and balance the roster. He had some decent success with teams not exactly loaded with talent.

Will Galen
06-23-2008, 02:57 AM
:D

whoops. I guess it was kind of a knee-jerk reaction, somebody posted something similar about Obrien recently and I was sort of annoyed at the recurring theme of it.

It is probably a more accurate statement when applied to Mike D.

Hehehe. I've did the same thing . . . several times . . . only I usually discover mine myself and thus delete my dummieitis.

Thus nobody knows.

Taterhead
06-23-2008, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=CableKC;739288]From what I can tell from most of the Mock Drafts and what will likely affect who is available to us is who the Knicks and the Clippers pick....both appear to be in the market for SGs....with the Clips in the market for a PG as well. If the Knicks go with a defensive minded SG...they can go for Westbrook or Gordon...whereas if they go a different direction....the Clips can do the same with Westbrook, Gordon or ( as the RealGM Mock suggests ) Augustin. If either team goes for a Non-Guard.....Westbrook or Gordon can fall to us.[/QUOIE)

I thinik it mostly rests on the Clippers. The Knicks need a PG more than anything, and a defensive minded one at that. With Crawford there, they will probably go with Westbrook, IMO. The Clippers are the tough one to call. They could choose Augustine, and hope to resign Maggette. If they go with Gordon they still have a huge hole at PG. One thing is for sure, the Clippers are pretty unpredictable.

I hope this mock rings true. Gordon would be a huge addition, IMO.

Robertmto
06-23-2008, 04:45 AM
There are 2 instances in this thread where people incorrectly think someone is talking about the Pacers when they are talking about another team.

I'm pretty sure Shade knows what I mean when i say "we" and I knew that he was referring to the Ps

Mourning
06-23-2008, 05:49 AM
I will die if we take Koufos or Hibbert. They both suck. :thumbsdow

Duly noted :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rajah Brown
06-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Merz-

Tks for getting my back. Yes, that sarcatic comment was in response
to the contention by CableKC that Walsh would likely prioritize shoring
up his defense when drafting this year. That could be, but as I alluded
to, it doesn't dovetail very well w/ the hiring of D'Antoni who was
notorious for almost ignoring it in AZ.

As for O'B and defense, I don't question his commitment to it at all. You
don't hire Harter to sit on your bench is you don't highly value defense.

Phildog
06-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Did the P's get to workout Gordon at all?

count55
06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Did the P's get to workout Gordon at all?

I believe they invited him, but he declined. I'm assuming because he did not expect to be available at 11.

travmil
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
I believe they invited him, but he declined. I'm assuming because he did not expect to be available at 11.

If I were the Pacers brass, that alone would be a good enough reason to make sure he's available at 12.

Trader Joe
06-23-2008, 09:29 AM
If I were the Pacers brass, that alone would be a good enough reason to make sure he's available at 12.

Did Danny Granger work out for us in 2005?

travmil
06-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Did Danny Granger work out for us in 2005?

As I recall he did. Bird apologized to him after a stellar workout for wasting Granger's time, as he would be long gone before the P's picked at 17. I guess stranger things have happened.

owl
06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
As I recall he did. Bird apologized to him after a stellar workout for wasting Granger's time, as he would be long gone before the P's picked at 17. I guess stranger things have happened.

Good memory.

Gordon makes me nervous as far as attitude and trying to live up to the local hype.

Trader Joe
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM

Well thats interesting. I wouldn't have thought that he would. Good memory though.

Either way, I'm not too worried about being sour grapes about something like that. I can understand why some would though. Although, I don't think the Pacers should really be passing on BPA just because he didn't work out for.

2minutes twowa
06-23-2008, 10:26 AM
The more I study this draft, the more I like Speights. I would consider the Pacers draft a huge success if they end up with any one of these combos:

Speights, Chalmers
Augustin, Speights
Westbrook, Speights
Gordon, Speights

This, of course, is reliant on Bird getting that second 1st round pick.