PDA

View Full Version : Preseason games are free

Unclebuck
06-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Good idea. I got these e-mails from the Pacers late this afternoon

Thank you for your continued support of the Indiana Pacers. We know that our most important fans are our season ticket holders.

I am writing today to share some very exciting news concerning the upcoming Pacers games in October. In commemoration of the 25th anniversary of Melvin and Herbert Simon's ownership of the Pacers, you will be given the tickets for the 2008 Preseason games at no charge as a gesture of our deep gratitude for your support of the Pacers.

Shortly, you will hear from our Ticket Sales and Service Group on how the Complimentary Preseason game tickets will be reflected in your account.

Also, in the very near future, we will be sharing some exciting additional news concerning Pacers Preseason 2008.

We are very excited about the upcoming season that begins next Thursday with the annual NBA Draft. We hope that you will join us in Conseco Fieldhouse for our Draft Night Party.

Again, Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Conseco Fieldhouse.

Sincerely,

Jim Morris
President
Pacers Sports & Entertainment

owl
06-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Something I heard is that the Pacers will play a pre-season game at the coliseum.

Speed
06-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Wow that is awesome, I'd love to see the new players they get play, even in preseason. My first game ever was at the coliseum, though I barely remember it.

NapTonius Monk
06-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Good idea. I got these e-mails from the Pacers late this afternoon

Thank you for your continued support of the Indiana Pacers. We know that our most important fans are our season ticket holders.

I am writing today to share some very exciting news concerning the upcoming Pacers games in October. In commemoration of the 25th anniversary of Melvin and Herbert Simon's ownership of the Pacers, you will be given the tickets for the 2008 Preseason games at no charge as a gesture of our deep gratitude for your support of the Pacers.

Shortly, you will hear from our Ticket Sales and Service Group on how the Complimentary Preseason game tickets will be reflected in your account.

Also, in the very near future, we will be sharing some exciting additional news concerning Pacers Preseason 2008.

We are very excited about the upcoming season that begins next Thursday with the annual NBA Draft. We hope that you will join us in Conseco Fieldhouse for our Draft Night Party.

Again, Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Conseco Fieldhouse.

Sincerely,

Jim Morris
President
Pacers Sports & Entertainment

That's free to season ticket holders, not the general public?

Oneal07
06-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Damn, I wish I was In Indiana. lol

Roaming Gnome
06-20-2008, 11:49 PM
It's about time they did something for the Season Ticket Holders. Every time there is a deal on discounted tickets, us STH's get hosed. Remember the $4 balcony seats. I still had to pay $20 for them because I was a STH that already paid for them.

I'm just glad that they thought about the season ticket holders for once instead of everyone else eventhough I hope the pre-season games are free for all and we can get people to reallize what they are missing.

duke dynamite
06-21-2008, 03:23 AM
&$*#@^!!!

This is the third time I haven't received an e-mail about something going on with the team. You have got to be kidding.

I was one of the first people to renew my tickets for next year, too!

I'm getting really tired of not being kept in the loop. I am used to hearing this things before anyone else...

I swear I am calling my rep first thing Monday.

OTD
06-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Will the summer league be televised this summer?

Shade
06-21-2008, 10:11 AM
&$*#@^!!!

This is the third time I haven't received an e-mail about something going on with the team. You have got to be kidding.

I'm getting really tired of not being kept in the loop. I am used to hearing this things before anyone else...

Have you tried checking your spam filter?

Bball
06-21-2008, 10:42 AM
&$*#@^!!!

Are you using Kiva as your ISP? Kiva automatically thinks Pacer emails are spam.

-Bball

Speed
06-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Will the summer league be televised this summer?

I don't know yet, I assume they'll go to Orlando again. Last year was a hoot on the Podcast, the announcer sounded like two fans just watching the game having a couple of beers. They'd mention PD when we would email them, very funny.

I bet if they go to Orlando you'll be able to get the internet feed again. It's a little weird, really hard to get a feel for how good guys are.

LoneGranger33
06-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I remember when Stanko Barac asked Dante and George a question about his new Pacer teammates. What a class act.

duke dynamite
06-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Have you tried checking your spam filter?

Are you using Kiva as your ISP? Kiva automatically thinks Pacer emails are spam.

-Bball

I work in the IT department where basically my e-mail is hosted. I've never had anything not come through before. There are no blacklists for any PS&E address.

Hoop
06-21-2008, 08:21 PM
It's about time they did something for the Season Ticket Holders. Every time there is a deal on discounted tickets, us STH's get hosed. Remember the $4 balcony seats. I still had to pay $20 for them because I was a STH that already paid for them.

I'm just glad that they thought about the season ticket holders for once instead of everyone else eventhough I hope the pre-season games are free for all and we can get people to reallize what they are missing.

No kidding, it seems us season ticket holders have kinda gotten screwed over the years. I have always hated that I had to buy pre-season tickets to begin with. I don't care for the pre-season at all, I might enjoy it more now that it's going to be free.

Roaming Gnome
06-22-2008, 02:24 PM
No kidding, it seems us season ticket holders have kinda gotten screwed over the years. I have always hated that I had to buy pre-season tickets to begin with. I don't care for the pre-season at all, I might enjoy it more now that it's going to be free.

Hicks has the seat next to me because the guy that had the pair of seats next to mine was so upset over the $4 seats that he chose not to renew. It didn't help that his ticket rep at the time (my last one) treated all her balcony customers like their money didn't matter.

carpediem024
06-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't know yet, I assume they'll go to Orlando again. Last year was a hoot on the Podcast, the announcer sounded like two fans just watching the game having a couple of beers. They'd mention PD when we would email them, very funny.

I bet if they go to Orlando you'll be able to get the internet feed again. It's a little weird, really hard to get a feel for how good guys are.

I forget what question it was but I remember someone asked who has an advantage? Yao with his kungfu or Shaq with his size.

madison
06-22-2008, 07:52 PM
100% agree that TSH have not been shown much love by Pacer management in recent years. I suspect that's because many if not most of the season tix are held by companies and not by individuals. Regardless of how you rationalize it, the 'deal' is a discount of about 9%. That's pretty decent considering the inflation going on generally. My product went up 3% last January and will be up another 7.5% next January. In that context, 9% is a very nice gesture. Thank you, Pacers.