PDA

View Full Version : Extensions for Tinsley and Brezec

Anthem
06-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Those need to get hammered out this summer, right?

Brezec's easy. Since Donnie decided to protect Reggie :soapbox:, Brezec will get snagged by Charlotte.

Tinsley's harder. What do you figure is a fair extension for Tinsley? He's not a superstar, but he's improving steadily. He may never be Jason Kidd, but that just means he'll never be the best PG in the NBA. We could do worse.

What's a fair starting salary for Tinsley? I assume it will be a 5-year contract... that lets him out right in his prime.

Young
06-13-2004, 03:45 PM
I would give Tinsley a 4 year deal starting at 4.5 million or around there.

Kegboy
06-13-2004, 03:46 PM
I was just thinking about this this morning.

As for numbers, I don't know. I'd be happy if we can sign him to around $4M+ per. A little more than what Jeff got, but less than Ron, Al, and JB.

Thankfully, we don't have to get this done until the end of October. I'd rather wait and see how the summer shakes out before we commit to anything.

Young
06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Thankfully, we don't have to get this done until the end of October. I'd rather wait and see how the summer shakes out before we commit to anything.

I agree.

No one knows if Bird will try and upgrade at point guard. There should be no big need but yet no one knows for sure, except Bird.

ABADays
06-13-2004, 04:48 PM
I wonder how much Tinsley's sitting on the bench at the beginning of the season is worth? I would imagine his agent will bring it up.

Roaming Gnome
06-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Eventhough Tins showed his stuff after his stint on the bench, I just get the feeling that Bird wasn't everly impressed amd may still try to get a different point guard if one that he feels is better comes around.

Will Galen
06-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Eventhough Tins showed his stuff after his stint on the bench, I just get the feeling that Bird wasn't everly impressed amd may still try to get a different point guard if one that he feels is better comes around.

Bird has been impressed enough by Tins that he said he could be an all star some day. As for getting a different point guard if a better one comes along, of course.

Still I agree with you, because I think Bird wants the 3rd pick from Chicago to get Livingston.

Young
06-13-2004, 06:49 PM
^ I hope Bird doesn't want to get that pick.

No way do I want Livingston. Our time is now and not in 4 years.

Only player in the lottery I wouldn't mind getting is Devin Harris. [Or Gordon]

All the other ones we really couldn't use.