PDA

View Full Version : Putting together a deal for T-Mac

Jose Slaughter
06-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Since this seems to be the trade of the moment, lets see how we do it.

The numbers below are from HoopsHype, these are the salaries for the current Pacers for the 04-05 season.

McGrady is slotted to make $14,487,000.

The Pacer offer must be fair to Orlando & be better than what any other team can offer them. It also needs to be with 15% of McGrady's salary, either way, plus or minus.

If my Texas Insrtuments TI-1726 is working, then the 15% window would mean our offer needs to be between $12,313,950 & $16,660,050.

Who do we offer?

Jermaine O'Neal ----- $14,782,500
Austin Croshere ------- $8,260,000
Al Harrington ----------- $6,250,000
Jonathan Bender ------ $6,390,000
Scot Pollard ------------ $5,792,250
Ron Artest -------------- $5,850,000
Reggie Miller ----------- $5,625,000
Jeff Foster -------------- $4,275,000
Fred Jones ------------- $1,572,480
Kenny Anderson -------- $0
Primoz Brezec --------- $1,554,326
Jamaal Tinsley --------- $1,554,326
Anthony Johnson -------- $932,546
Jamison Brewer ---------- $0
James Jones -------------- $0

Pacer4fun
06-13-2004, 12:31 PM
If I'm the Orlando GM and I am starting over I start with Okafur. If the Pacers trade Al to Chicago for the 3rd pick and move that on to Orlando along with Bender and Pollard I would say they would feel pretty good. At # 3 they could pick Livingston and have the potential for a very exciting club.
C Okafur
SF Bender
PF J. Howard
SG Grant Hill
PG Livingston

Shoot, I might watch that team.

bulletproof
06-13-2004, 12:40 PM
If I'm the Orlando GM and I am starting over I start with Okafur. If the Pacers trade Al to Chicago for the 3rd pick and move that on to Orlando along with Bender and Pollard I would say they would feel pretty good. At # 3 they could pick Livingston and have the potential for a very exciting club.
C Okafur
SF Bender
PF J. Howard
SG Grant Hill
PG Livingston

Shoot, I might watch that team.

Isn't Grant Hill toast?

I'd try to do a straight up deal with Ron and Bender. At $12,240,000, that's extremely close to being right within your range, Jose.

If we could swing a deal with Chicago to bring McGrady here, that's fine, too.

Hicks
06-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Al Harrington + Jonathan Bender would be enough salary.

As would Ron Artest + Jonathan Bender + $73,950 cash would too.

If Orlando was willing, do the first one if Ron stays sane. If not, use the 2nd.

Doug
06-13-2004, 12:55 PM
There's no way this would ever happen, but:

Al, Fred, Austin, our 1st rounder for Tmac and Steven Hunter.

http://www2.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=1640910

It also works with Pollard+JJ instead of Austin.

They do get a lot of young talent, but alas, I feel it would take Ron instead of Al. Which also works.

bulletproof
06-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Can you imagine a frontcourt of Okafur, Howard and Artest? :shudder:

Kstat
06-13-2004, 01:21 PM

Yeah that frontline would be pretty scary.....in 2008.

bulletproof
06-13-2004, 01:31 PM

Not every player takes as long as Darko to develop.

Kstat
06-13-2004, 01:36 PM

True....some can even take as long as Bender......

bulletproof
06-13-2004, 01:44 PM

True....some can even take as long as Bender......

Touché.

pacerwaala
06-13-2004, 02:34 PM
bender will not develop

Roaming Gnome
06-13-2004, 03:05 PM
The Pacer offer must be fair to Orlando & be better than what any other team can offer them.

Why? Isn't Orlando trying to get T-mac traded to a place on HIS list, because it is his option and if he doesn't like the team they want to send him to, McGrady could just walk away from Orlando and take his chance on the Free Agent market?

If this is the case, we just have to have a better offer then the teams on T-mac's short list, right?

Kinda like the Brad Miller fiasco? Get what you can, because he is going to walk. Honestly, I would love to have T-mac, but I don't want to totally scalp this team for him.

swoop
06-13-2004, 03:16 PM
call me crazy but i know a guy high up in the pacers organization and he tells me Cro and Foster and cash for t-mac.

Snickers
06-13-2004, 03:17 PM
call me crazy but i know a guy high up in the pacers organization and he tells me Cro and Foster and cash for t-mac.

You're crazy. :flirt:

I'll believe you if you can provide some kind of proof though.

Anthem
06-13-2004, 03:20 PM

It's a joke... a la bulletproof.

Arcadian
06-13-2004, 03:20 PM
It's next year that he can walk away. So I imagine that the team that trades for him wants to make sure that he wants to play for them before the trade is made. Orlando also I imagine would perfer to send him West.

The teams which we will be competing against will be playoff caliber teams with young talent to trade away while retaining a star to pair with T-mac. I could see NJ parting with RJ or K-mart and change, the Suns and Houston are possiblities. I have heard San Antonio as a possiblity. It is certianly not a 3 team race and Orlando will get a star in return.

Snickers
06-13-2004, 03:42 PM

:D

Well, I still don't see us getting Tmac. The three-way with Chicago is the most reasonable so far, and that one's still tricky.

bulletproof
06-13-2004, 03:51 PM

:laugh: Boy, you really got me. Second time in as many days you put me in my place.

JOneal7
06-13-2004, 04:07 PM
i donno about hill. But if it was up to me...He's been done for...
don't leave drew gooden out of all this. He will probably be traded as well because he's a baby when he doesn't start.
T-mac+JO=pacers championship....if it happens come back here...because that will happen. No team can stop tmac without throwing 3 guys at him and with JO and maybe artest on the team...theres NO WAY we lose many games.