PDA

View Full Version : Houston trying to trade Cato

blanket
06-13-2004, 11:03 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1087041464218220.xml

"Houston is desperately trying to trade forwards Maurice Taylor and Kelvin Cato. They are also intrigued by a Tracy McGrady-for-Steve Francis deal."

More hope for the Harrington and Pollard or Croshere for Mobley and Cato or Mo Taylor trade idea.

sweabs
06-13-2004, 11:09 AM
If they can land the Francis/McGrady deal then I'm sure they would be willing to part with Mobley!!! :drool:

able
06-13-2004, 11:12 AM
what makes anyone think that Franchise is enough to get TMac?

Again: TMac can chose, he would appreciate either, Houston of Pacers, BUT, who would be able to make the best offer to a renewing Orlando in that case?

By far the Pacers, as Houston only has Franchise on the table and will not part with any other part, now if they start offering Yao, we are in trouble, until then, we are in the lead.

If that is what we want that is.

King Mob
06-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Wha-? Steve Francis is not enough to get TMac, but Al/Ron+Bender is?

Francis is an All Star PG. No GM worth his salt will take a talented forward over an PG, not in this league. And Francis will put butts in the seats in a way Al or Ron never will. Factor in that if Orlando is looking for a defensive minded forward, they'll just draft Okafor, and I don't see how anyone can say Indy has more to offer Orlando.

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Jeff Van Gundy has already stated his extreme not like Tmac , he also said he would rather keep Franchise than have Tmac...sooo I don't think you'll see him in a Rockets uniform too soon ;)

He views Tmac as a quitter and yes I did read the article ;)

Anthem
06-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Croshere for Cato?

Snickers
06-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Croshere for Cato?

I'd do it.... would Houston? They seem to like Cro, and if they're trying to move Cato, they might....

smoothie
06-13-2004, 08:04 PM
yeah...i read this article today. it doesnt list a saurce for the info so i would only take it with a grain of salt.

when it says that the rockets are "desperate" it makes it sound like they have no takers for cato or mo. mo may be harder to move...but i think almost any eastern team would take cato for the right price.

there was a rumor of someone overhearing JVG in a bar in houston after the season ended saying he "wants to trade a lot of players." so i guess we will wait and see. :cool:

kerosene
06-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Van Gundy always spoke highly of Cro when he was a color commentator on TV.

Snickers
06-13-2004, 08:32 PM

True. I remember the "1-800-Croshere!!" game. Smoothie, what do Rockets fans think of Cro?

Natston
06-13-2004, 09:30 PM

True. I remember the "1-800-Croshere!!" game. Smoothie, what do Rockets fans think of Cro?

I believe Houston as well as Toronto drove up the price we paid for Croshere... :rolleyes:

kerosene
06-13-2004, 09:33 PM
I believe Houston as well as Toronto drove up the price we paid for Croshere... :rolleyes:

Those were the teams said to be interested that summer.

smoothie
06-13-2004, 09:58 PM
its true that the rockets did help drive up the price, but they would also have signed him to something close to that. its not like they wanted to screw the pacers over ;)

snickers:

as a rocket fan i would say if we still had rudy as coach, that deadline rumor of mo for cro would most likely have happened. rudy was about the 3ball. jeff is about defense first and i don't think austin is a good defender. he is too small to guard 4's in the west, and not quick enough to keep up with 3's. however on offense, he is a very nice fit for the rockets.

think back to the championships of the mid 90's for the rockets. the dream posts up with 4 3pt shooters on the floor. if anyone would dare double team you would give up a 3. that is kinda what they are looking for again with yao. austin would be a nice sub at the 4 just for that.

i would say that JVG would not play him at the 4 because of his D. he would be a nice 3, but nachbar has been comming along as a nice shooter and a pretty good defender at 6'9. for those reasons i doubt our coach would want to trade for cro.

ChicagoJ
06-13-2004, 11:31 PM

Those were the teams said to be interested that summer.

As were the Bulls. There were many bidders driving up the price.

The way some people carry on about Croshere's contract, you'd think DW was only bidding against himself. Just not true.