PDA

View Full Version : Croshere

pianoman
06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Would anybody else like to see Austin resigned by the p's this offseason? He'd be a decent backup and i think he could do well in JOB's offense...and for anyone who remembers, was he a good defender? The only reason i ask this is becuase he is a free agent.

Trader Joe
06-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Vet minimum twelfth man? Sure, why not, but I wouldn't be too excited either.

Phildog
06-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Would anybody else like to see Austin resigned by the p's this offseason? He'd be a decent backup and i think he could do well in JOB's offense...and for anyone who remembers, was he a good defender? The only reason i ask this is becuase he is a free agent.

He's actually back in town. I saw him on Friday at the Jack Johnson Show at Verizon. I think he still resides here---not very exciting, but a fan favorite from we've had in the past.

grace
06-16-2008, 03:26 PM
His wife is from here so it wouldn't be surprising to find him around town in the off season.

ABADays
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't mind having him back at all.

Mourning
06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
I see no reason why, except at the vet-minimum.

idioteque
06-16-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't see how he'd do a thing to make our team better. But seriously:

PG Head
SG Rush
SF Austin
PF Stanko
C Phucka

=2009 NBA champions

Rajah Brown
06-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Yawn....

Unclebuck
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
maybe as an assistant coach or something, but we have Murphy and I dont see why we need two players who play the same (Murphy is better though) really i'm not convinced we need one player like that

pianoman
06-16-2008, 05:02 PM
so UB, does that mean he doesn't play good defense, since you say he is similar to murphy? I cant remember much about him. just remember that he was a fan favorite.

Justin Tyme
06-16-2008, 05:49 PM
I see no need for Croshere. I'd rather give the spot and money to someone, like a Gerald Green, who might possibly turn into something. Someone that could turn into a rotational player for the future

Notice I said "someone like". I'd rather take a chance for the money on a former 2nd round pick, D leaguer, a player who has not found a niche with the right team, someone not drafted(ex: George Hill), etc for a 12 spot. Diener for the money wasn't a bad sign. Neither was Graham if he could get some PT.

Hicks
06-16-2008, 06:17 PM
He's not a need, but he'd be a good non-rotation guy to have as a veteran presence and a former fan favorite.

aero
06-16-2008, 06:28 PM
the only reason id re-sign him would be to be a mentor to the younger guys.

D23
06-16-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't see how he'd do a thing to make our team better. But seriously:

PG Head
SG Rush
SF Austin
PF Stanko
C Phucka

=2009 NBA champions

I'd like that for the simple fact our backcourt could be called the Headrush. I'm with most others here though. I wouldn't mind seeing Austin back either, but if there are more productive ways we could fill out our bench, that would be my preference.

PR07
06-16-2008, 07:07 PM
I'd rather get a banger as our third string PF who will just rebound, play solid D, and give tough fouls. Who that player is? I don't know, but there's no need to have add a poor man's Murphy to this team.

Smoothdave1
06-16-2008, 08:04 PM
I'd take Croshere back for the vet min. He still lives in Indy during the off-season on Geist and I'm sure would welcome a return to Indy. If anything, he's going to give us a veteran leader in the locker room, something that seems to be lacking since Reggie left. Do I expect him to come in and give us 10 and 8 a night? No, but I think he cold give us a few minutes occasionally and at least help some of the younger guys. Perhaps he could transition into a coach in he next few years as he has aspirations of working for the Pacers once he is done playing?

BlueNGold
06-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Cro is a nice backup and helps to stretch the defense and is solid at the line. He's far more valuable than a number of players we currently have on the roster. If we go small in the draft, he would be a great pickup.

ABADays
06-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Isn't Cro a "charcter guy"? Why would we need one of those?

Roaming Gnome
06-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I see no need for Croshere. I'd rather give the spot and money to someone, like a Gerald Green, who might possibly turn into something. Someone that could turn into a rotational player for the future

Notice I said "someone like". I'd rather take a chance for the money on a former 2nd round pick, D leaguer, a player who has not found a niche with the right team, someone not drafted(ex: George Hill), etc for a 12 spot. Diener for the money wasn't a bad sign. Neither was Graham if he could get some PT.

My thoughts exactly.... I'd rather the spot go to someone else that has a chance to help us in the future or at least someone that is an unknown commodity. Cro is a known commodity and doesn't help this team in any way other then being an emotional crutch for some of the fan base.

It's time to seriously move on...

indygeezer
06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I'll take the positive view that he'd be perfect as an 10-12 man. We have enough youngsters that expect increased playing time. Cro could come in with the understanding of lessend minutes and you KNOW he'd be ready whenever called upon.

I very much favor bringing him in.

idioteque
06-16-2008, 10:39 PM
If we ever got Croshere back, there is no way he should be in the rotation ahead of Shawne or even Diogu.

Anthem
06-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Isn't Cro a "charcter guy"? Why would we need one of those?
Same reason we shouldn't go sign Damon Bailey.

Besides "character," we also need "talent."

Infinite MAN_force
06-16-2008, 11:04 PM
a poor man's troy murphy?

whats the point?

Eindar
06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
the only reason id re-sign him would be to be a mentor to the younger guys.

Yes, because he did such a good job mentoring Artest, Tinsley, and Jackson :)

Dr. Goldfoot
06-17-2008, 12:24 AM
I don't remember Crosh ever being a fan fav. Didn't we all ***** about his contract, health, lack of speed & lack of "D" for 5 years?

Dece
06-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Crosh would be a waste of a roster spot...and considering our roster that's REALLY saying something.

We need talent guys, talent. Find me some talent to sign.

CableKC
06-17-2008, 01:48 AM
a poor man's troy murphy?

whats the point?
Assuming that we don't resign Harrison and we end up keeping JONeal ( which is a likely possiblity ), we need the frontcourt depth. If we had any other Starting PF not named JONeal that has a history of missing up to 1/3 of his games....we wouldn't need to sign a reliable 4th/5th Big Man. But ( as we have seen this last season ), any 4th/5th Big Man rotational player will likely see minutes as long as JONeal is in a Pacer uniform. On top of that....although Foster has done well this last season....I think that he would do well if we had a rotational Big Man that can come in for 5-10 minutes a game to help Foster stretch out his minutes throughout the season.

Croshere is a fan-favorite, has played in a up-tempo Small-Ball Lineup, ( I'm guessing ) has no off-court issues, shoot's the 3pt shot fairly well for a Big Man, does a good job of doing the "dirty work" that we need our Frontcourt players to do, won't mind playing as a 10-15 rotational player and ( most notably ) will come cheap.

To me....we need alot of PF/C and Guard ( most notably PG ) depth given our notable history with injuries and how it has affected how we play throughout the season.....the more depth we have at those positions...the better.

CableKC
06-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Crosh would be a waste of a roster spot...and considering our roster that's REALLY saying something.

We need talent guys, talent. Find me some talent to sign.
I agree....we do need talent....but Croshere would be a 4th/5th rotational Big Man that will only see minutes if JONeal, Foster or Murphy goes down with injuries. Even if we draft a Big Man in the 1st or 2nd round....I'm not expecting too much from a 10-15th rotational player...basically what Croshere would be....if anything...he would be a good locker-room presense and vet to help guide the younger players.

grace
06-17-2008, 02:18 AM
I don't remember Crosh ever being a fan fav. Didn't we all ***** about his contract, health, lack of speed & lack of "D" for 5 years?

Not all of us did.

grace
06-17-2008, 02:19 AM
basically what Croshere would be....if anything...he would be a good locker-room presense and vet to help guide the younger players.

Didn't they just hire Sam Perkins for that?

Natston
06-17-2008, 02:22 AM
While we're at it, let's get Tyus Edney and Zan Tabak...

idioteque
06-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Didn't they just hire Sam Perkins for that?

QFT

grace
06-17-2008, 01:46 PM
While we're at it, let's get Tyus Edney and Zan Tabak...

:2tup:

beast23
06-18-2008, 08:13 AM
I've always liked Croshere. He had a place on the team and a role, he was just overpaid for what he brought to the table.

But Croshere is not the player we go after right now. It's way too soon.

This summer, the mandate is that Tinsley will be gone. One way or the other.

Secondly, we have to deal with Jermaine, who doesn't want to be here regardless of not exercising his option.

As you might recall, Mel and Herb retained control of the Pacers rather than also pass them along with the real estate empire, now under control of David Simon. If they had, the Pacers would be owned by somone else and possibly well on their way to relocation.

The Pacers have serious problems and their health starts with getting rid of players perceived by their owners and the public as questionable or problematic, then doing whatever is necessary to rebuild the team with the best talent we are able to acquire, with the requirement that the new players be "good guys".

To accomplish that, Jermaine has to be a key piece to the puzzle. His contract consumes too much of the cap to retain. And his future health is too questionable to gamble on. Instead, I think they will find a team that IS willing to take a gamble on him.

But those 2 guys are the key and Bird will deal with them and then see where he stands before ever giving a fringe player like Croshere a second thought.

count55
06-18-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm torn, because the only opinions I have on this are...

--We're going to end up signing two or three guys at the min anyway, so I'm sure there are worse choices we can make.

--On the whole, I'd prefer not to have to listen to people mis-pronounce his name for another year.