PDA

View Full Version : List Your Favorites

owl
06-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I thought it would be interesting to see people list some players the Pacers could reasonably
obtain in this draft and why.
I have a few and will expound on them later. In no particular order.
This is my list of players I would like to see the Pacers pick from.

Alexis Ajinca
George Hill
Roy Hibbert
Kevin Love(only by trading up)
Joey Dorsey
Stanley Burrel(camp invite)
Joe Alexander
Goran Dragic
Reggie Williams
Russel Westbrooke

maragin
06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't think the Pacer's need/ want him, but my favorite player in the draft is Joe Alexander. I wasn't a fan before watching a few of his games in the NCAA tourney. After seeing him play, I'll be checking his box scores with whatever team he goes to.

BleedBlue
06-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I think we'd be off to a great off-season if we stole Westbrooke at 11 and acquired another first-rounder and nabbed Hibbert. Hibbert is going to be a lot better than many people think.

Young
06-16-2008, 04:09 PM
DJ Augistin
I think he will turn out to be a pretty good point guard.

Russell Westbrook
Pacers can probably do better but I like Westbrook. I think he is a pretty safe pick.

Joe Alexander
I like his game. I think he can be a damn good player.

Alexis Ajinca
I can't say i'm to high on any of the big men but he looks to be a better prospect than the others.

I think that DJ and Westbrook are the best fits but I like Joe A the most. I think he will be the best player at least from the list I have.

owl
06-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Joey Dorsey

http://realgm.com/src_fromtherafters/188/20080614/draft_report_joey_dorsey_of_memphis/

I love the defense and rebounding he would bring. In a conference with Lebron James
you need someone who can defend him and they have to be strong and is Dorsey strong.
There was some concern about his attitude. He had a work out at the same time as
Love and he had positve things to say about him.

rock747
06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I would love to have Westbrook and DJ White with our two picks.

Mr. Sobchak
06-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Russell Westbrook
Anthony Randolph
Brook Lopez (I think he might fall to us)
DJ Augustine
Brandon Rush
Courtney Lee
Marcus Dove
One of JJ Hickson, Richard Hendrix, or DJ White
Kyle Weaver
Stanley Burrell
Brian Roberts
Nathan Jawai

owl
06-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Roy Hibbert

http://realgm.com/src_fromtherafters/187/20080613/draft_report_roy_hibbert_of_georgetown/

This is a bigman who has tons of experience and a good attitude. He has great size and knows
how to use it fairly well. I wonder how much he would score if he had been fed the ball at
least once in awhile. He does not have great quickness or burst but he moves well.
Another pick in the first is where I would like to see him obtained by the Pacers.

purdue101
06-16-2008, 07:27 PM
1st round - westbrook or jordan.

2nd round - jawai, walker, or jj hickson.

i'm hoping we can somehow acuire a pick in the 20's and pickup lopez, hibbert, or rush.

Infinite MAN_force
06-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Mareese Speights
Robin Lopez
George Hill
Bill Walker
Eric Gordon (if he falls to 11)

Kegboy
06-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Any of the Kansas kids. :beatintoground:

croz24
06-17-2008, 12:01 AM
(in order)

alexander
randolph
greene
walker
thompson
lee
singletary
hendrix
love
ej
hill
jordan

Gamble1
06-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Based on need:
Augustine
Love
R. Lopez
Chalmers
Lee
Hill

imawhat
06-17-2008, 12:53 AM
I still think a trade-up is realistic, so here are my favs (in order)

1. Kevin Love
2. Kevin Love
3. Bayless

Realistic at 11
4. Gordon (if he slips): I've really turned the corner with Gordon in the last few weeks. He's got a great shot, and I think he had legit reasons to crap out at the end of the season. His 3/4 sprint was blazing (faster than Derrick Rose), and his height seems to be really good (though, he's a tweener). Plus, I think he'll be a good defender. You'll definitely get more production out of him than anyone else that could slip to #11.
5. Westbrook- I think Westbrook will progressively get better.
6. Brook Lopez- I think he'll be serviceable, at the least. One month ago, writers in Chicago were suggesting to take him at #1.
7. Arthur-Though still not sold because of comparables to Diogu (in size), I think he is smarter and more agile.

Late first tradeup
8. Brandon Rush- I would LOVE to have Rush. I think he will be the steal of the draft if he goes past 20. I think he'll be a special winner wherever he goes, kind of like Battier.
9. Dorsey or D.J. White-A couple of guys who will make a good impact in the NBA (with potential first round promises)

Want nothing to do with
10. Beasley
11. Anthony Randolph
12. DJ Augustin (who barely makes this list...I think he has potential to be good, but I don't like his mentality, suprisingly enough)
13. CDR
14. D. Greene
15. Koufous
16. Jordan/McGee/Hibbert

Isaac
06-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Russell Westbrook
Marreese Speights
DJ Augustin
Those are my three favorites for if we are going to make tweak type trades and keep Dunleavy and Granger as the wings.

If we are going to try and trade Dunleavy while his value is high, I would like to get Joe Alexander.

MillerTime
06-17-2008, 02:18 AM
1) Westbrook
2) Augustin
3) Love
4) Mareese Speights
5) Lopez

2nd Round:
DJ White

Mr. Sobchak
06-17-2008, 10:38 AM
I still think a trade-up is realistic, so here are my favs (in order)

1. Kevin Love
2. Kevin Love
3. Bayless

Realistic at 11
4. Gordon (if he slips): I've really turned the corner with Gordon in the last few weeks. He's got a great shot, and I think he had legit reasons to crap out at the end of the season. His 3/4 sprint was blazing (faster than Derrick Rose), and his height seems to be really good (though, he's a tweener). Plus, I think he'll be a good defender. You'll definitely get more production out of him than anyone else that could slip to #11.
5. Westbrook- I think Westbrook will progressively get better.
6. Brook Lopez- I think he'll be serviceable, at the least. One month ago, writers in Chicago were suggesting to take him at #1.
7. Arthur-Though still not sold because of comparables to Diogu (in size), I think he is smarter and more agile.

Late first tradeup
8. Brandon Rush- I would LOVE to have Rush. I think he will be the steal of the draft if he goes past 20. I think he'll be a special winner wherever he goes, kind of like Battier.
9. Dorsey or D.J. White-A couple of guys who will make a good impact in the NBA (with potential first round promises)

Want nothing to do with
10. Beasley
11. Anthony Randolph
12. DJ Augustin (who barely makes this list...I think he has potential to be good, but I don't like his mentality, suprisingly enough)
13. CDR
14. D. Greene
15. Koufous
16. Jordan/McGee/Hibbert

Augustin's mentality? I might be missing something but isn't he known as an all around good guy with great character and work ethic?

Naptown_Seth
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
My list is pretty obvious if you peek in the recruiting thread.

FIRST PICK (trade up slightly)
Love
Arthur
Westbrook - a tad less

TRADE FOR 20-30 pick
Rush - all-around type ala McKey at SG

Chalmers - solid functioning PG that can make a shot, costs way less than the other PGs

Weaver - defensive ace, passionate, smart, decent enough on offense to stay on the court

SECOND ROUND
Dorsey - got that Dale/Big Ben thing working, fiery in a good way

Lee

Walker - gotta worry about the knees though, however Jackson still functions despite his own injury past and he's the guy I compare Walker with the most.

BIG TRADE UP (cost seems too much to me)
Bayless - can't be had and I have a slight concern with his attitude.

Gordon - not entirely sure he'd be happy playing here

DGPR
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
1) Westbrook
2) Augustin
3) Alexander
4) Randolph
5) Greene
6) Lee
7) Walker (hopefully his knee is ok like they are saying)

imawhat
06-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Augustin's mentality? I might be missing something but isn't he known as an all around good guy with great character and work ethic?

Great character, but playing mentality is questionable, especially when the going gets tough.

Plus, I know everyone makes mistakes, but I see absolutely no reason why an 80% Foul Shooter barely hits net on a clutch free-throw. That is a giant red flag, imo (especially for someone regarded as a leader). It's different when you're Lebron James.

count55
06-17-2008, 04:32 PM
No particular order:

Love
Augustin
Westbrook
Speights
Arthur
Alexander
Gordon
Gallinari

Want no part of:

Bayless
Lopez (either)
Jordan
McGee
Koufos
Randolph

Not mentioned because not attainable, but would love to have: Rose, Beasley, Mayo

Later picks: Chalmes, George Hill, DJ White, Courtney Lee

Camp adds: Stanley Burrell

will567
06-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Joe Alexander seems like he would be really fun to watch in the uptempo system we run! I started watching him last year at the end of the big east season and really like the way he plays. I know the pacers are deep at the 3 spot but I think they are going to have to trade at least 1 of them if they are going to change this team. I think Russell Westbrook fits in that same mode as a super athletic guy that would be fun watch! I would not mind Brandon Rush either but not at 11! Kosta Koufos and Marreese Speights also would fit but would not be as exciting because they would be future projects more then the others!

blanket
06-18-2008, 07:50 PM
- Speights at 11

- Chalmers at acquired 2nd first round pick

- Hendrix at 41 (or acquired higher second round pick)

rm1369
06-18-2008, 08:12 PM
At 11 I like either Westbrook or Speights. I'm scared to death we will pick Augustine, Jordan, or McGee (less likely).

If we are able to pick up a mid first rounder I like Chalmers and Rush.

As a late first rounder I like Walker (even with the injury), Hibbert, and am very intrigued by Ibaka and Jawai. Certainly high bust potential, but if they pick up a late first I'd definetly like to gamble. I've obviously never seen Ibaka or Jawai play - been limited to scouting reports and highlight videos, but both seem interesting IMO.

In the second it would be the usual suspects: Lee, Weaver, Hill, White. I'd be surprised if 3 of the 4 aren't gone, but decent chance one of them is there.

Speed
06-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Here is my best of the draft.

Beasley-this generations Charles Barkley in game and the way he interacts

Mayo-Man he was born to be a Knick

Rose-More D Wade than a PG

Alexander-Vince Cater, but with more dedication and a touch less athleticism.

Here is my best for the Pacers

Arthur
Lopez
Speights
Love

I think the Pacers need to go big at 11 and then get a vet point guard on the market, imho.

duke dynamite
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Augustin
D.J. White
Hill

avoidingtheclowns
06-18-2008, 08:57 PM
guards i like...
eric gordon (at 11)
russell westbrook (at 11)
courtney lee (mid-late first)
mario chalmers (mid-late first)
brandon rush (mid-late first)
kyle weaver (2nd)
shan foster (2nd)

bigs i like...
brook lopez (at 11)
marreese speights (at 11)
darrell arthur (mid-late first)
robin lopez (mid-late first)
dj white (late first - 2nd)
richard hendrix (2nd)
devon hardin (2nd)
joey dorsey (2nd)

pleeeeeeease don't make me hurt myself larry...
deandre jordan
javale mcgee
kosta koufos
ryan anderson

i'll add: the first three on the "hurt myself" list i'd be okay with taking in the 2nd round.

PR07
06-19-2008, 02:00 AM
1. Eric Gordon- Not really an IU fan, but Gordon is a big time scorer, and at the very least is probably a better version of Ben Gordon. I can live with that.

2. Anthony Randolph- He's rail thin, but he handles the ball like a a guard and runs the court like a deer. Give him some time to develop his body, and I think you see a player a lot like a Chris Bosh.

3. Russell Westbrook- Whether he can play the point remains to be seen, but Westbrook has a place in this league. A tenacious defender with extraordinary athleticism, Westbrook can do a little bit of everything offensively and is only going to get better.

4. Bill Walker- Lottery type talent if he can stay healthy. Walker reminds me of that tough perimeter player (like an Artest or Pierce) that can simply just bully the opposition with their strength. He's one of the best athletes in this draft, and his ability to get to the rim and score inside is impressive. He may have been overshadowed by Beasley, but Walker is no fluke

5. Mike Green- May not have a great jump shot, but Mike Green will be an impact player on someone's bench. A tremendous floor general who plays poised and with a lot of grit. Mike Green can do a little bit of everything, and while he's not an out of this world athlete, his one on one handles are exceptional

Honorable Mention:

Brandon Rush, DJ White, Joey Dorsey, Roy Hibbert

owl
06-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Alexis Ajinca

It looks like Alexis is making a big move. I would prefer to go big at 11 and then
get George Hill adding to the point guard spot with Mike Green picked up as
an undrafted free agent.

While DeAndre Jordan and JaVale McGee are refusing to conduct workouts with certain teams drafting outside of the lottery (McGee’s mother foolishly won’t let him visit anyone past 12 from what one frustrated team told us), there is no shortage of workout warriors on the prowl looking to take their spot in the teens portion of the draft. One of those is Alexis Ajinca, who may be working himself into that 12-14 range, based off the workouts he’s having.

One executive who recently watched him expressed shock at his combination of physical tools (7-1 in shoes, 240 pounds, with a near 7-7 wingspan), coordination and agility. “If he were in college, let’s say at Nevada instead of JaVale McGee, he would be a sure-fire top 10 pick,” the executive noted. “He’s bigger than McGee, and he’s also more skilled…with that length, he is going to be able to bother some people for sure” Ajinca is answering question marks about his toughness by not backing down from anyone he’s faced so far, particularly in an outstanding workout in Charlotte where he matched up with Jordan, McGee and Roy Hibbert. His experience playing against grown men all season long in the French league is certainly showing in workouts so far it seems.