PDA

View Full Version : Frye and Thomas

MillerTime
06-15-2008, 03:07 AM
What do you guys think of a front court of Tyrus Thomas and Channing Frye? We're hearing that theres a lot of talk from the Bulls being interested in JO. Theres rumors of Hinrich + Thomas + filler. Thomas would probably be our starting PF, but I would love it if we picked up Channing Frye from Portland for someone cheap. Hes not going to get any playing time once Oden comes back. Frye played pretty good in his rookie season in NY, but never really got any mins after.

What you guys think?

d_c
06-15-2008, 03:51 AM
Chicago is still too invested in Thomas to kick him to the side of the curb for nothing. He's not Kwame Brown (not yet anyways). I suppose he could be included in a package.

Reality is, we just don't know yet exactly how much any given team out there is willing to give up for Jermaine, given his health and contract status. I suppose we'll find out this summer. If Jermaine doesn't get traded, then I think it's fair to conclude his value just isn't that high.

Frye could be had for pretty cheap later on, but not until they are positive Oden is fully healthy and can go full speed for an entire season. Frye is cheap and in the last year of his deal, so it really doesn't hurt the Blazers to keep him around as insurance for a year. I'm guessing Frye spends the year with the Blazers and then signs a partial MLE deal somewhere else next season.

Major Cold
06-15-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm guessing Frye spends the year with the Blazers and then signs a partial MLE deal somewhere else next season.

He will get a full MLE no doubt.

Ty is the best piece for them to get a low post scorer. And once they get that they won't need him. I see Ty being a roll player/starter at best. A bo outlaw if you will. With Noah Ty is not needed. In the right system he may produce.

mrknowname
06-15-2008, 10:28 AM
i'd rather go after anthony randolph if he doesn't fall to us than trade for frye or thomas

idioteque
06-15-2008, 11:31 AM
What do I think about a Tyrus Thomas/Channing Frye combo? About the same that I think of that winning Kwame Brown/Darko Milicic combo in Memphis. Personally we should just go with a Diogu/Stanko combo, that would tear up the league.

Young
06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I would love to get Channing Frye.

He might turn out to be a pretty decent player. He just needs some more playing time to show what he can do. I think he would come at an affordable price with either a trade or through free agency.

Infinite MAN_force
06-15-2008, 02:03 PM
If we get thomas from the bulls, I would look to trade him for pick in the middle of the first round. Maybe somewhere in the middle teens, if he is worth that. I don't really think he is a good fit here.

d_c
06-15-2008, 06:00 PM
He will get a full MLE no doubt.

NBA teams don't hand out the full MLE to just anyone. Not anymore anyways. Consider that last summer, not one single player was given the full MLE.

If Frye wants the full MLE, he's going to need to play more than 18 mins, score more than 7 points, and grab more than 4.5 rebs.

Doddage
06-16-2008, 03:44 AM
What do I think about a Tyrus Thomas/Channing Frye combo? About the same that I think of that winning Kwame Brown/Darko Milicic combo in Memphis. Personally we should just go with a Diogu/Stanko combo, that would tear up the league.
Would that be as formidable as a Stanko/Phucka combo? Talk about twin towers...

If we're talking championship teams though, we'd need to surround that with Head/Johnson/Gay. Luther, Joe, and Rudy, that is.

:deadhorse

naptownmenace
06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
The problem with Channing Frye is his defense it terrible. I'd rather stick with Troy Murphy because at least Troy will rebound (on occasion).

maragin
06-16-2008, 02:25 PM
If this was Frye or Thomas, I'd take Thomas.