PDA

View Full Version : RATS ignores Hardy

MyFavMartin
06-13-2008, 02:23 PM
ExHoosier James Hardy (football WR) has been subpoenaed to testify on a fatal hit n run accident involving a Buffalo Bills teammate and yet there is no mention of it in the Indystar website.

What would the headlines be if he was an ex-Pacer, considering the crap they pulled with the Lawson headline last week?

Why's it fashionable to bash the Pacers and not the Hoosiers?

What happened to unbiased reporting?

Kegboy
06-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Not to defend RATS, but I don't think they're doing it out of spite, but ignorance. Seriously, when was the last time they ran an AP story the same day it came out? It's usually like 3 days later.

MyFavMartin
06-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Not to defend RATS, but I don't think they're doing it out of spite, but ignorance. Seriously, when was the last time they ran an AP story the same day it came out? It's usually like 3 days later.

And this one...

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080513/SPORTS/805130306/tbd/

???

Trader Joe
06-13-2008, 02:40 PM
I didn't know that it ended up being fatal. Wow.

grace
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM

The answer to your first question is they probably forgot IU has a football team. As for the second, The Star sucks.

Trader Joe
06-13-2008, 03:13 PM
The answer to your first question is they probably forgot IU has a football team. As for the second, The Star sucks.

Whats that say about Purdue this year?

BlueNGold
06-13-2008, 09:42 PM

It's not unbiased reporting.

What percentage of IU football players (or any other sports team in Indiana) are associated or accused of crimes or acts of violence. IDK, maybe 5%. Compare that to maybe 50% of the entire Pacers roster. Man, it's a running joke. In any event, whether it's 5% v 50%, IDK, but it's not close. If IU, Purdue or BFE University had the same pct, they would receive the same treatment. There is no conspiracy against the Blue N Gold...they've earned their rep the old fashioned way.

Anthem
06-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Compare that to maybe 50% of the entire Pacers roster.
Five Pacers would be 30%.

Can you name five?

Trader Joe
06-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Five Pacers would be 30%.

Can you name five?

That have had run ins with the law? Tins, Shawne, and Quis. So no.
That have had negative publicity? Tins, Shawne, Quis, JO, Hulk.

I agree with you that the premise that the Pacers are ALL thugs is false. However, the Pacers have earned their rep by repeated run ins by certain players. Tinsley is a PR disaster. Shawne isn't that far behind at this point. People are disenchanted with JO(The brawl will stick with him for his whole career, fair or not). Its just a total mess.

MagicRat
06-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I didn't know that it ended up being fatal. Wow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3433838

The victim, identified as a 27-year-old woman from suburban Toronto, had a bruised hip and a cut that required seven stitches. She was treated and released from a hospital on the same day......

Trader Joe
06-13-2008, 10:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3433838

The victim, identified as a 27-year-old woman from suburban Toronto, had a bruised hip and a cut that required seven stitches. She was treated and released from a hospital on the same day......

Ok, I was gonna say. Well then I think its pretty clear why this is not being covered.

Kstat
06-15-2008, 05:04 PM
The answer to your first question is they probably forgot IU has a football team.

To be fair, IU probably forgot Indianapolis had a newspaper...