PDA

View Full Version : HERE'S A QUESTION?

IndianaMan
06-12-2004, 07:22 PM
since the pacers are reported to hire Kevin ONeil as an assistant do you think that will have any effect on who we get particurly Vince Carter since he was his coach last year!!!!!

Kstat
06-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Hiring Kevin O'neil (if thats true) may be the most redundant coaching hire in history.......

O'Niel may be one of the best defensive minds in the NBA. But that wasn't exactly a PROBLEM this season was it.......

The Pacer I think need a guy with more of an offensive mind. Carlisle and O'neil are basically the same coach in terms of mentality.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Hiring Kevin O'neil (if thats true) may be the most redundant coaching hire in history.......

O'Niel may be one of the best defensive minds in the NBA. But that wasn't exactly a PROBLEM this season was it.......

The Pacer I think need a guy with more of an offensive mind. Carlisle and O'neil are basically the same coach in terms of mentality.

Carlisle was our offense coordinator when we went to the NBA finals in 2000....

Hoop
06-12-2004, 08:06 PM

Carlisle was our offense coordinator when we went to the NBA championship round in 2000....

And we were one of the NBA's top scoring teams then. That team was stocked full of shooters, Carlisle can and will adjust to his personal.

Snickers
06-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Mike Brown was the defensive coordinator this year. Maybe O'neill's going to replace him when he jets for Atlanta?

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2004, 12:44 AM
Mike Brown was the defensive coordinator this year. Maybe O'neill's going to replace him when he jets for Atlanta?

Doubt he gets the Job in Atlanta , from what I have been reading Del Harris is probably gonna the Hawks HC Job.

Young
06-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Lets not forget that KO has a temper. I think i've read it from when he was in Detroit and Toronto. [I even wonder if he was the problem in Detroit and not Carlise]

Also Brown is an excellant communicator.

So you see, its also about the intangables along with the skills.

Stryder
06-13-2004, 01:11 AM
Don't want Halfman-Halfseason on this team. He's as soft as slightly melted butter.

Plus, his attitude sucks.

Snickers
06-13-2004, 01:59 AM
I like O'neill. He's got that mad-scientist-who-just-got-out-of-bed look to him. I trust those types. :D

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2004, 05:59 AM
I like O'neill. He's got that mad-scientist-who-just-got-out-of-bed look to him. I trust those types. :D

So we would have a mad-scientist and a frankenstien :devil:

Snickers
06-13-2004, 11:03 AM

So we would have a mad-scientist and a frankenstien :devil:

Hey, how many teams can say that? :dance: